Another Attempt to Punish Mercs....Here We Go Again!

I disagree that mercs are so wonderful. They come into an alliance blast away at the titan and take the tier 1 loot. Which leaves the alliance members that fought so hard with nothing. Then they leave and no one in your alliance is able to level up or do much of anything because they didnt get anything worth anything. I agree that mercs should be punished perhaps even not allowing them to play anymore. There Ive said my piece.

If your alliance is against mercenary then don’t accept their request or be sure to make them join only on hardly killable titans. Sorry but your post seems like shooting on the ambulance :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

That is not the mercs fault…that is your alliance leaders fault for allowing mercs. If your current alliance accepts merc help and you feel this way, that change to an alliance that doesn’t accept merc assistance. There are plenty out there and the ones that are usually say it proudly.

That’s a silly position to take Emc154…mercs do not take all the good loot and leave, more times than not they are in a lower loot tier. If they did enough damage to get into a high loot tier that means your alliance probably wasn’t going to be able to kill the titan without their help. If you’d rather lose the titan and have to let the next one pass too because you have no hits from the start, that is certainly your right. I’m sure most would agree with me, however, everyone in your alliance is better off getting the merc help to kill your current titan :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Update:

As a joke Seven Days Departed on April fools allowed everyone to Merc after we did a fast kill on a Titan so we dropped off the leader board. Members were allowed to go and merc for the first time and came back with large amounts of loot as a result.

Seven days departed absolutely runs at a disadvantage than any other alliance that chooses to Merc. Especially given the fact that there are no higher ranking titans in the foreseeable future.

Our purples titans die from about 3 hits from 25 members.

2 Likes

Thats very nice of you guys, and it’s really noble that you, even if you may do it everytime you want, choose to simply don’t take shortcuts.
I don’t know if it’s just to see your name on top or because you don’t like it.
I don’t care, thats not the question here.

But it’s like you suggest that just because you don’t do it, others as well shouldn’t do it.

I mean, all of us agree that more the ascension items, the better for all of us.
But when we are talking about mercing, something go wrong.

What exactly is “large amounts of loot”? That’s a very generic and broad term. I’d also point out that according to you the fact that you choose not to merc puts you at a disadvantage…so it’s your alliance’s choice in the end.

1 Like

I sensed sarcasm when I read it.

No sarcasm at all. As we stated before by going and killing multiple titans you get more chances at getting ascension items. Many reported coming back with 4* ascension items from various titans.

So @Bahahahahaha you now admit that Mercing puts you at an advantage, don’t get salty when Small Giant nerfs Mercing because you are exploiting the game the way it’s not intended to be.

4 Likes

Just wondering but how many flask did your teammates burn to obtain these items? I saw pics of people doing 10+ hits on a single titan then going to another titan to hit there too.

Well, my bad then :slight_smile:

Healing by amputation…

I agree with several of the points here. Mercs have definitely had a long time advantage over loyal alliance members that was not intended by the developers (whether it be more rolls at getting ascension materials, more total gems collected from all the jobs, etc.). I can’t really argue here as to if this advantage was fair or unfair to players who chose to remain loyal to their alliances. If mercs really were doing this just to help other growing alliances, they should realize the upcoming nerf actually has no impact on that, since they are not restricted in any way from moving between alliances and hitting titans. Only on the loot tier quality they are able to get from doing so, which is still quite significantly better than remaining loyal. My only beef with this is some solution was not implemented earlier and the “exploit”, if that’s the proper word to use, was allowed to go on for several months, building unnecessary player resentment on both sides.

I am still waiting for a fix to the alliance creation issue too, but I don’t think that is happening, since it is better for SGG’s business to have as many people as possible stuck in dormant/inactive alliances fighting lower level titans than they are capable of handling and getting lower quality of rewards as a result. Better because they will feel more incentive to spend money on deals for ascension materials to progress than if they regularly collected improved loot in a more active helpful group.

I had never heard of merc’ing up until a couple of weeks ago, it’s brilliant. Wish I had known about it sooner. I tried it out the other day and got 3 titan rewards within 2 hours, before rejoining my alliance. Nothing great, and to E&P’s benefit, I burned through 2 flasks. I definitely would have spent $$ on flasks but I guess I’ll just stay where I am and pretend I’d never heard of mercing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol the #1 alliance with a lot of the top players in the game is worried about others getting more ascension mats than they do? Lmao anyone else see somethin funny about this?

1 Like

Please don’t take this as me being disrespectful because I’m not trying to be, but with all the spreadsheets and other information you guys keep track of, I have a hard time accepting very vague and obscure answers regarding all the amazing loot you all got. I wanna hear how many hits were used and exactly how many if each ascension item you got.

I have far greater experience with mercing than 30 people doing it for one single day, not sure anyone can argue that fact. I know how great the loot isn’t typically with a far greater test sample than your 1 day gig.

The other thing is, what disadvantage are you truly at? As you stated, you guys are killing 10*'s with 25 people using 3 hits. I absolutely love and respect you all and all you do for the game, but it does come across really bad when you talk about how fast and easy you can kill the highest level titan and in the same comment complain someone might get an extra ascension item or 2 a month than you.

4 Likes

I also intentionally ignored your comment about me exploiting the game. Let’s keep this about the facts so we can still respect each other when it’s all done with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just thought about something. So people think mercs have had a long time big advantage of getting ascension mats over loyal alliance members. How many mercs do you see in the top 100 of cup rankings? I counted 2. So if they’re not competing within the cup ranks then I don’t see the problem. And the only merc alliances that are even close to competing for top 10 is Mixed nuts but even if it wasn’t for mercing, they would be anyways since most are long time players like 7D. So not understanding what 7D’s concern is lol. Seems a little greedy. Aren’t you guys always preaching about trying to help other players advance in the game? Or just players that you don’t deem as a threat to your #1 spot in alliance and cup ranks? I’m confused

1 Like

Mercing generates a vast advantage in ascension rolls: that’s been established in this thread and I haven’t seen anyone argue otherwise. Mercing allows alliances to kill Titans when they would not otherwise be able to do so. This is also undisputed. Both these things run contrary to the intentions of the game designers. No one has suggested otherwise.

So it’s pretty clear what is motivating the nerf, isn’t it? I haven’t seen anyone suggest that mercs are evil or that by exploiting this mechanism they have been doing anything immoral, but certainly one can see why the devs would want to close this loophole.

And what are the arguments for keeping the loophole open? That more players get ascension materials? That’s certainly good for those players, but not for anyone else, and not good from the perspective of the devs (obviously, otherwise the change wouldn’t be in the works).

Are there any other arguments for keeping mercing unchanged?

2 Likes

A good argument is that this was discussed and a solution (titan chest timer) was implemented as the solution. With no other related changes to the game, spg has gone backnon the solution. Obviously it is their game and their rules, but the ninjaness of this raises eyebrows. They have been silent on why. They have been silent on the new mechanics.

2 Likes