Another Attempt to Punish Mercs....Here We Go Again!

I didn’t state that you can fill the titan chest twice as fast off of one hit. I had 3 separate statements, please take the time to read it full. 12 slots per day is probably impossible as you will not kill a titan the second you enter an alliance but I can guarantee that I averaged over 11 per day when I was doing so.

Not hypothetical, I’ve tested it and it’s true.

Yep, i’m confident you can do it the same as i can do it… For a short time or occasionally.
It’s not the ability to do it the problem, but the condition to make it true.

In the long period you can find sometimes favorable conditions, but most of the times you have to take what people gives to you.

1 Like

All I am saying is that it is possible and thank you for agreeing with me on that.

As for this:

Knowing how titan loot breakdown works and the myriad of LINE chat for mercs, you almost know exactly the position you are putting yourself into before you join the alliance. Doing your homework is sufficient enough to to make my previous statements true.

Again, I’m not saying all mercs are doing it, I’m just stating that it’s possible and that’s all I’m saying.

-Haylc

Oh, no doubt it’s possible.
It’s even possible that a shooting star drops exactly on my head. Rare but possible.

But i don’t ask people to go around wearing an helmet. (Even more because an helmet probably don’t help much :thinking: )

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you are implying with your comparison.

SGG can take action and correct the mercing issue I mentioned. As for the shooting star, I don’t know anyone in the world that can correct that.

It was just a bad joke to implying that what you take in consideration is an extreme case that don’t rapresent the mercs category.

Fixing a large number of people basing only on the small worst type is not a good thing.

Not here, not in any other place.

One of my examples was an extreme, if we take my two titans a day for 3 ascension mats each over a 5 day span, still comes out to 30 ascension mats compared to 15. With this, you can also fill your titan chest almost twice as fast.

I believe this is not an extreme but still 2x more than someone that is consistently killing 10* titans once a day.

Even with the implemented changes which seems to be 2 ascension mats as opposed to 3 and if you do that twice a day, it will still net you 4 as opposed to 3 in the same time frame.

Mercs that are doing it for loot still come out ahead. For those that do it for the community, there really isn’t any impact.

For what it’s worth, I don’t see this as a punishment for mercs, more that it is addressing an issue that should have been rectified a long time ago.

3 Likes

For 3* ascension items i can totally agree with you.

But for what concern 4*… Nope, on the opposite.
I have the doubt that maybe mercing small titans is not as good as constantly slaying high star.

But can’t say for sure because i don’t do it.
But trust me that the drops are bad in mercs side.

Thank you for the feedback and I do understand that this upcoming change has caused frustration and some of you have been disappointed with our decision. Let’s keep the discussion going and while I cannot promise anything at the moment, we’ll make sure to take all feedback into consideration and discuss this together with the team here.

6 Likes

I have to disagree with you, 3* and 4* ascension mats are the same.

Having more loot rolls automatically puts you in a position where you can obtain more 4* ascension mats as well.

My wife has quit the game but I still use it to merc and help out weaker alliances. With her account, I am consistently getting at least 2 ascension loot rolls. While the 4* are more rare, she’s been getting just as many as I have because of that advantage.

In reply to your question are us mercs in a normal alliance
Well in my case yes I have a fixed alliance that I reside in 90% of the time. I am sometimes sat with flags a wasting and have a few alliances that I help out if they need some help. I am quite happy to jump in use whatever flag/flags I have spare and then leave as I don’t wish to stop them getting any further help if needed.
Sometimes I admit I have been asked/told to stay for loot in which case I will sometimes do this.
By operating in this way I personally have met lots of amazing groups and people. In fact I now assist with advice etc to a few of these.
Will this new system stop me carrying on no.
Will it make life harder for alliances to get help if they are having a bad day or just a few members away due to health or others real life situations. Then the answer has to be yes it will

It will effect loot if you go back to your home base alliance after mercing. Keep that in mind with this new change.

Petri - can you tell us what the developers thoughts are on mercing exactly. Do you all see it as good bad or something else?

1 Like

@Ezekiel5150 up above makes a great point. @Rigs as well, dead alliances are more of a problem. Plenty of potential long term players quit the game because of dead alliances. Putting a positive spin on the Merc concept will better benifit the community as a whole. Increasing the percentages of accention items is what this boils down to and the underlying issue behind the frustration. Understandably players that are ignorant to the merc lifestyle can perceive Merc’s as “winning” in the sence of accention items since its mostly very experienced players that do Merc. However, The voice of the few should not prevail over the voice of the Many. I would assume this was the intention behind the community Forum so please here out you players. I would advice to pay special attention to the positive spin on the Mercing concept @Ezekiel5150 mentioned, also a solution to dead alliances as mentioned by @Rigs. Dont Make Excuses, Embrace Solutions ^.^

5 Likes

Another point in case it hasn’t already been made - many of the top alliances (nuts 7DD Bah etc…) have multiple alliances with the smaller acting as training alliances and allow lower players to learn from the top experienced players and to work their way up to the bigger alliances.

With this new change if one of the bigger players went to a smaller to teach check in chat etc…they will suddenly be in a lower tier when they return to their alliance even if they didn’t go after the titan. How is this ok?

At the same time, we often have he lower players come to our alliance to see what it’s like to take on a 9 or a 10 that they may not have ever seen or had a chance to hit. They’ll be penalized for this if this change happens and again this is nothing but damaging to all parties.

Please reconsider and leave well enough alone. I genuinely don’t think that you are losing players (or revenue from players) with the way things are. I’d bet you’re more like to lose it with changes like this.

5 Likes

giphy%20(1)

7 Likes

We don’t know how the fix is being implemented; may be on titan kills, may be alliance join time, we just don’t know and SG isn’t likely to tell us. Something to test after.

Thought about this some more and it’s not just the ascension items, even if that was my primary focus while mercing on the alt, that mercing gained:

1. More ascension items as already discussed
  2. More materials
  3. More consumables (battle items)
  4. More gems
  5. More other stuff: ham, iron, flasks, trainer heroes, et al.

Than someone who simply stayed in a traditional alliance; this does matter for things like events, more hero summons (or chest speeding), faster hero development, and other things in game even if we don’t really consider this as part of the reason why individuals merc… though someone pointing out the other day no gems were received as a part of this patch, highlighted the issue neatly.

People have continued to stress the community standpoint, and it’s one that I personally agree with, but ultimately all this touched was the loot. That’s it: those that are saying you’re going to quit or stop mercing, I’m sorry, but you can’t play the community card on this one as your decision is being made on the loot pinata being taken away.

The problem that people are harping on is there isn’t enough useful loot given in this game, and everyone knows I’m on board with that particular opinion; however, if loot is what you want mercing is the obvious solution in the current situation… and it’s becoming readily apparent in this thread that the old school mercs who I honestly take at their word that they were doing this for the community, are not the majority of the mercs that exist today.

I’m between irritated and outright angry at a different issue today, and that’s admittedly coloring my comments; however, the right way to solve this that’s fair for everyone would be to institute this merc patch and then raise the loot from the traditional sources.

I’m not certain SG agrees with that sentiment unfortunately: keeping ascension items stingy appears to be their design goal and it’s hard to say it’s not working looking at their revenue stream.

Finally, there’s something like a million users in this game that have logged in during the last month: there’s about 20 opinions here and mercs in general are a tiny fraction of the population.

3 Likes

I respect your opinion and understand that you have a really elaborate and deep knowledge of games mechanics and systems, but there’s two things that really don’t understand of it.

First, the mercs database is exactly as you stated: small.
How Small Giant and the game balance can be affected by us is really a mistery for me (and i still compare my ascension items with others of my level and keep see a difference only in the 3* situation)

Second (and most important) why the various more resources (items/gems/heroes) that we get from mercs and that can affect our growth are no good but a guy that invest 10.000 gems for feeders is just fine?

I’m all for more ascension items but you and I both know that nerfing mercs isn’t going to have SG gives us more loot. Frankly now that sales are appearing more often I’m amazed they haven’t nerfed the loot more so as to have to buy all the ascension items.

2 Likes

Yeah, sad but probably true.

As is people are buying the offers; I’m a spender, have been since week one in this game, and sometimes I do just buy straight gems… so when we get these offers, and the price is less than what I’d typically buy gems for (10k for 100 USD at the best standard price) and I get an ascension item: hard for me to say no certainly to any 4* item… bought that silly blade yesterday when I’m something like +6 on blades vs. tomes already.

It’s beyond time that I started tracking my own ascension item loot, and looks like enough people are on board that maybe we can try to do a hardcore titan loot analysis (this merc patch accidentally being introduced sparked enough interest cause that timer hit more than just mercs) so it’s not easy to know if things were nerfed or not… certainly feels like elemental chests were nerfed for example, but only one person had close to good data on that unfortunately.

1 Like