Annoying War Tactic - Thoughts?

We use that strategy in a sense. I save my hits usually till the last hour, then i come in guns blazing for a flip. (Team help too) Weve won the last 3 wars using it.
About 22/30 members hit as they please. So usually when its go time, there arent many enemy teams left.
Only downside I see is I dont always see the #1 spot cause i have to take whats left over.

We just lost to a much stronger South American alliance who used this strategy. They used the timers on our weaker teams but saved 90% of their flags for the final two hours. They cleared our board twice in a row.

It was a thing of beauty and I don’t begrudge them the victory. Kudos to them for being able to coordinate it.

My fingers are crossed that our next opponent tries it and fails miserably :grin:

7 Likes

If your opponent finds your tactic annoying, you are doing good.

Also, wow, this topic has actually created the perfect opportunity to quote this:
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

2 Likes

This is an awesome tactic and it’s the one we employ as well and we are in the US…I wouldn’t call it sandbagging, just a solid tactic…Try it sometime, reset your opponent 3-4 times, it’s fabulous.

1 Like

We do this and it works well for us.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that is not the actual system the Devs have chosen for war or tourney.

Several months have passed since this thread was started. I think we can safely say that this is now a common practice, especially with alliances who are in similar time zones and have an easier time coordinating it.

Our alliance is very international so we still prefer the organic-method of fighting when we can with whomever else is online. That, plus the frantic discord messages to offline players to help us clear the board, ensures we are still winning more wars than we lose (touch wood it continues).

2 Likes

Last 3 wars we were matched to higher rated alliances, but we managed at least one cleansweep on each and won all 3 wars due to that. Wasn’t our strategy, but luckily 7 were online at the same time for the new flags and we were able to coordinate some attacks.

2 Likes

@Gryphonknight

I have actually read those posts you copied in. I even liked that post!

Do you have any information that are not extreme cases like that one? It could be a case of broken on the limits or that his progressively higher war score is just not progressive enough for his case.

1 Like

Per the Devs, His war score maximum was 10 wins.

( Game Forces You To Lose In Wars - #102 by Kerridoc )

1 Like

My case is really an extreme one.
Is not so easy to do what i do, and that’s why i do it alone.
And while i have great results for wars, on the other side i giving up on good titan loot.

Nothing comes for free.
Not anymore after kiling mercing :grin:

3 Likes

Any tactic that enable you to win the war is considered a good tactic.

2 Likes

We don’t use this tactic but we have had it used against us. Sometimes it works, sometimes we have too big a lead. Our alliance is pretty casual so we don’t use line or discord and we really can’t coordinate times for us all to be on since we have members worldwide. So we go with what we can do. If we are close when I can log on I do everything I can to help flip them, regardless of when in the war.

Sometimes we have flipped the opponent twice while they wait for the last few hours. Then we hope we can hang on to our 1500+ lead as they pound us all at once. We’re probably 40/60 facing this tactic.

Last war our opponent used this tactic and they won quite handily in the end.

1 Like

We noticed that as well and first we thought they are inactive… But since it happened couple of times now, yes it’s a strategy. And annoying! Our tactic is, At the beginning everyone hits whomever they can and the strongest save their last flags for the end to clean or rescue. It worked well like this last couple of Wars.

just had an alliance liek this in the AWs that just finished a couple hours ago.

Can someone ELI5 why attacking all at the same time near the end is effective? Isn’t there a cooldown period? How can they use up all of their attacks?

1 Like

The cooldown period is cut off if every team is knocked out. When last team left is killed then all teams respawn immediately. If you can flip them twice you get three shots at every team so you can use up all your flags that way.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for others but this last war I didn’t attack because I just simply couldn’t (real life can be an intrusion) and looked at their strategy: single Boril riposte tank, no healers (and arrow attack as the modifier). They attacked me twice for 0 points and just hit the defenseless noobies for real points and I followed up by raping them top down with six flags making it impossible for them to win without flipping me. Totally the easiest victory ever. Somewhere on the planet in an anonymous forum is a post complaining how they were screwed by E&P RNG and matchmaking. I didn’t feel good about the win, but i’ll get over it.

EDIT: they left flags on the table, not me. They could have chosen to destroy me (personally) with a two attack tank buster strategy, flipped my alliance, scored points and won. They were lazy and thought they would win by organic regeneration and points from those. That was a definite mistake.

Thank you for this information :heavy_heart_exclamation: Didn’t know.

I don’t understand the angst over this. At the end of the day you can’t control what the opponent does, and how they plan or coordinate their attacks. And that has no effect on what you do.

If you can coordinate your attacks so that you maximize your points, good for you. If you can’t, just make sure everyone uses their flags.

Our alliance is spread out across timezones so we can’t coordinate that well. We make do with what we can.

3 Likes

lol post needs approved again

1 Like