And here comes the censorship

I made a post about accounts being targeted, and shocker, I now cant post on it without moderator approval.

Sometimes we (yes, all forum members) have to wait for mod’s approval if specific words are used in a post. For example c-h-e-a-t. I don’t know what other words can trigger this. No drama needed. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Im just stating a fact. I know I didnt use that word, but why do they need to approve a post that uses a word like that?

I’m not a mod, maybe we can ask @Dudeious.Maximus
Some words may be inappropriate to use in posts, so they need to approve it. Simple as that, I’ve been on many forums and this in not something unusual.

3 Likes

Yes, there are some words like “b-a-n” which automatically triggers the request for approval.

3 Likes

I have actually posted in a forumversary thread and used a “trigger word” that caused my post to require approval…lol… a birthday post! It’s not targeting you…just an untimely coincidence

3 Likes

it’s probably because of some automatic settings enabled in the forum software. once certain words are detected, the post is marked for approval, without regards to the rest of the post or the context

1 Like

Yeah there are a list of words that need approval for some been mentioned above.
The system picks it up and it just needs checking majority of the time its nothing bad just a certain word has been used .
There was a problem with folk sending pics in the challenge festival as the post was done too quickly :rofl:
System picks up lot of stuff some nessarcy and sonetimes not as much :+1:

3 Likes

Yes - I have had that too “your post is waiting moderator approval”
I have to admit I sometimes wonder why … but then just sit there patiently waiting

Also the system is handy for looking up folks IP addresses :ok_hand:

1 Like

So if I forgot where I live, I don’t have to ask @Yomagn-tho, the system knows? That’s practical and reassuring.

4 Likes

I’ve had quite a few posts in the “When suddenly …” spoof thread require moderator approval. Some to this day I am not sure which word triggered it.

I think it’s more so multiple accounts at a single connection can be tracked if there is someone trying to circumvent being banished.

2 Likes

So the system doesn’t know where I live? Damn! Then I still have to rely on @Yomagn-tho …

1 Like

Ok, so ‘damn’ is not on the list.

1 Like

That might be new :rofl: I kind of remember ‘damn’ being one of the words in “When Suddenly …” early on.

1 Like

Times change, accepted words too. :smirk:

Yeah it does :roll_eyes::joy: not like your exact address house number postcode etc … But a idea on where yah from :wink:

Im not sure if yah trust level depends on words yah can put either … That could bypass the system as a trustee :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

The system doesn’t have beer but I do! So long as I can remember where I put my car keys we will be good… :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t think you need to look for a black cat in a dark room, especially when it’s not there.

1 Like