Anchor 7dd and Aegir

Let’s keep it Civil and Constructive (can someone copy right this for me?)

Let’s not make disparaging remarks about any groups or individual players.

2 Likes

*Copyright

Flagged

(20 characters)

And here is part two of the problem.

You are unhappy about the whole Beta selection process.

That you’re not a part of it, that you think you’re better or more qualified than those currently participating in Beta.

I agree that Beta isnt a perfect solution, and that some people will have different opinions about the work and result. However I do think its better than nothing, and that Bets participants serve the game and community as best they can.

If your stance and opinion is that they are incompetent and dont do anything good, thats something I dont agree on.

It was just that to get all the simpleton clichés. Neither have I ever asked for beta, nor have I asked to enter the chat or anything like that, to play I have to spare with my account and for my ego with my private life, but it took a long time to say someone who is envious. No, I’m not interested in being part of the beta, nor be mod, nor belong to anything in the game, my life is enough.

I think anchors guide is amazing. Especially for a completely free resource.

I don’t make all decisions by what is contained in it but it’s a useful reference…

The overall rating has limitations because everyone’s needs are different based on what heroes they already have.

Eg Khiona gets a b overall and sartana gets an a. I have panther, sartana and Khiona (among other fives) and to me Khiona is a better choice than sartana, largely due to the impact on titan hits. I feel sartana would have more impact on a defensive team but that has less value TO ME. doesn’t mean someone else should feel the same and if they don’t it doesn’t make them wrong.

For a completely free resource, it’s pretty amazing and they’ve adjusted things based on community feedback before.

Other games I’ve been involved in have usually seen the top tiers of their gaming community super protective of any information and knowledge they have. This can’t be said for 7DD and I just can’t understand some of the negativity towards the guide, especially in this thread. You’re welcome to disagree and you’re welcome to ignore any info in there. I think it’s useful, but ultimately the heroes you already have will skew the value of any new ones pulled. Synergy and how different utility effects compliment each other is one of the biggest parts of the puzzle in this game.

Thanks anchor for all the efforts!!

5 Likes

let’s not forget that isarnia has a massive attack stat (almost 800) and that her debuff lasts 6 turns, not just 4.

additionally, you can run both wilbur and isarnia and 1 fire them both off and not worry about one debuff replacing the other with a worse debuff as they are both -44%. and 2 running both together allows them to charge at different speeds with different color tiles ensuring almost the whole titan hit falls under he debuff without cratering your mana potion supply.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice but slow vs average, I’ll take wilbur

And firing isarnia when they’re already debuffed 44% is a wmd!

True but I’m still not maxing a 5* I’ll use once a week on a red titan. Just my personal preference. Why max a hero i use once a week when i can max one i would use daily or just wait for another blue which would be arthur or magni at this point. No event 5* so far so not counting on arthur and I’m probably not doing any elemental 10x pulls for a bunch of duplicates.

All sounds dumb to someone else but i max who i get the most use out of. Slow and very slow heros dont have a place in my lineups and eventually will be ruled out altogether with increasing amount of fast and very fast mana heros coming into the game. I maxed 2 slow mana heros and 1 is alby which gets oggled over by others but rarely sees any game time, always on the bench. The other is vivica which praised and used by others but she also just sits on the bench.

1 Like

i’d you discount slow heroes in raiding you’re missing out. i raid with isarnia every day on my alt and she wrecks havoc on defenses. Having Sartana and Joon, lianna would be just another sniper…

Hel, alasie, joon, drake, sartana

All you need in diamond since majority is guin with 2 darks and gravemaker along with the occasional zel who isnt a big threat unless you use buffers

Personally, I am not against the guide itself, not even against Anchor, ‘cause it’s his hard work there.

I, and some others here, are against people looking at it like it was a Universal Truth.

Specially with regards to Aegir, I have seen quite a few members here praising Aegir, and saying “he is a great tank”, “ you need to learn to use him”… and don’t even have him!!! All they base their worship (apparently) on, is the guide and the video Anchor made.

OTOH, several Aegir owners claim he is plain bad, or at least mediocre, which is my case.

6 Likes

Yeah like you said - personal preference.

I use Izzy most days and don’t regret ascending her. But if you don’t see value it would be a bad idea…

I change up my raid teams a lot. More is better is how I see it.

Plus I don’t have the snipers you do either. Value of heroes is definitely relative to the other heroes you have

1 Like

I used to change regularly but just dont have a reason to anymore until we start seeing more variety in the diamond arena. Even i come across a team without guin, 2 darks, and grave, all i have to do is reroll and a team with those heros pops right up

1 Like

Alright. I’m not sure if you were referring to my own rank at that time, since I fought someone with Aegir who had a low rank, so to clarify;

@nes : this is what happens if you beat teams with higher TP than yours. Far from impossible with the right hero setup. That score was two days ago, got to rank 35 again tonight. With 3500-3700 TP attacking teams. So I’ll just tell you now, that it’s not bad to experiment with - in theory - stronger opponents, you’ll see you are able to achieve more than you think.

That’s one of the reasons I also pick Aegir teams. To experiment with fighting against him and seeing how I do. Sometimes with more green, sometimes colors to hit his flanks and just see how it goes. Everything is possible.

To clarify for all others. I do not post this to “show off” or anything. Please don’t bash me for that. It’s just to show that it’s possible, and to clarify to @nes that he should believe. I do not believe it’s hard to achieve a good rank in this game - although I won’t say I or everyone can achieve 3000+, that’s too high without the best of the best imo. With a bunch of strong 4*s mixed with some 5 star heroes you can get quite far though.

1 Like

Thank You… I’m actually happier w/ Thorne than w/ some he gave an “A” to…

1 Like

Look I can’t say how many teams I fought agenst that had Aegir but I would estimate between 3 to 4 dozen and I have never lost to an Aegir team and that is not an exaggeration. My biggest suprise was how bad he performed as a main tank even with Guinevere at his flank.

I don’t care at this point SG can let him rot I know he’s a pushover. I have the telescopes to ascend him but he won’t get them. No need to believe me I’m sure everyone will realize for themselves.

1 Like

Yes, these days it doesn’t look impossible that anyone can beat anyone after they reach tp 3900 - 4100. Just tried tonight too, and got to World rank 6. What I was refering in my first comment was a ridiculously unnecessary low tp team where you had 500 tp deficit. Then your loss in the battle didn’t tell anyone anything. Feel free to attack with low TP teams if it is what you like, but for research purposes it should be adjusted to approximately same TP. Then it will have some value for all of us.

I view Anchor’s guide as I would a Michelin travel guide: a thoughtful, informed guide to the unfamiliar. But the places I like to go and eat in cities I know well aren’t usually listed in Michelin, or perhaps not with a star or two. I have my own opinions about which museums and bars I like—and about which heroes I value.

Anchor and his contributors do us all a favor by extensively testing these new heroes in beta and then in production, with the ability to combine them into varied teams to find synergies most will not. They make videos to explain their findings.

Perhaps another comparison would be to wine critics, who spend a lot of time getting early tasting notes from each new harvest to help wine buyers avoid investing in wines that are unlikely to age well. Wine critic Robert Parker loves champagne, which I detest. But I still value his published guides, in part because I know something of his biases.

What Anchor & Co. have that most players don’t is an incredibly deep bench. Thus their perspective is that of an “end game” player. Mid-game players with only a handful of 5* and a dozen 4* maxed will have different needs and perspectives.

Finally, ranking heroes in isolation is intrinsically flawed. Heroes are parts of teams, and their real value is in how they work together.

16 Likes

Continue defending the indefensible. Precisely Parker, Michelin and Anchor share one thing, the prestige of their guides, if Michelin put a high rating to a tasca burned food or Parker gave 99 points to a bad wine would be left the prestige and more if you insist on maintaining it. Bank has, but there is little evidence that, with the exception of Zero, no one above has seriously tested Aegir in defense. And the synergy is nothing more than the same, again and again, stubbornly in error. Especially in defense, where it is harmful to use it.

2 Likes