but in the end most all agreed,
Really Nothing’s Guaranteed.

46 Likes

This was the best thing I’ve read in a long time! Thank you!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very well done. I like.

2 Likes

Bravo, bravo.

Can you put that in it’s own thread. Then I can add it to the library? It deserves more recognition.

2 Likes

I was debating earlier what to do with that, hang on a second.

UPDATE: @TGW this deserved not to be buried, I’ve moved it to its own thread, moved those other posts to the Venting thread, and pinned this for 24 hours. :raised_hands:

9 Likes

@TGW, now THAT was well worth the read!! Well done!!

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all night!

Or, well, I’ll be somewhere anyway. :smile:

I used to want to be a writer, but I decided I’d rather be able to eat and live indoors. :grin:

3 Likes

Cardboard boxes in the woods aren’t so bad, except for the bear, rain, insects and the dang WiFi is TERRIBLE!!

2 Likes

I’ve been pricing used shipping crates. A bit of foam insulation should make it comfy cozy. :grin:

2 Likes

Brilliant!! Put one on top of the other you have a low cost condo in the woods!!

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking! Just got to figure out the plumbing and electricity. Maybe I can convince one of the neighbors to let me run a garden hose and extension cord to their house. :grin:

2 Likes

Solar panels bro, just need to climb the highest tree!!! I imagine a nice satellite dish would work pretty well a 100 or so feet up too!
Living off the grid while being firmly attached to the grid? I don’t think this has ever been attempted before?

1 Like

If I ever do have a home of my own again, I’m definitely going to solar panel every square inch of it. :grin:

And on-grid off-grid living is actually one of my life goals. I don’t like living near other people, but I love the conveniences of electricity and internet and indoor plumbing and having a nearby grocery store.

2 Likes

I live in PA, down by the Delaware River. No neighbors. Driveway is about 500 yds long. It’s almost impossible to find my house even using GPS. It’s almost living at the beach minus the people.

P.S Backup generator is a must.

2 Likes

I like that idea. I’m in Ohio, been wanting a property like that, just don’t have the funds at the moment. It’s a long term goal. I’ll probably have to secure another one of those “steady” job-thingies first, unfortunately, before any bank would be willing to lend me the money.

2 Likes

I was never one for living 10 feet from my neighbor. Although most of my neighbors were cool, I still don’t need to wave at them through my living room window…

2 Likes

I’m currently living in an apartment complex. Half of my neighbors are cool, the other half I’m just hoping will get evicted eventually :laughing:

Not that owning a house in the suburbs is much better. My last house, next door neighbor was such a nuisance that I actually had to take him to court (and I won).

2 Likes

I’ve learned over he years how to our annoy those nuisance neighbors. Very bright security lights pointed at their windows are a start.

Security lights are good. I’m in an apartment so I don’t have that option, but I’m on the second floor. Whenever my downstairs neighbors annoy me, I just spontaneously decide to do jumping jacks at 3 a.m. :laughing:

1 Like

Cookie Settings