An appeal to SG for some common sense

But forget about this game! There are better ones! Play in their face without spending 1 cent! Sooner or later everyone will give up, and they will go ■■■■ themselves

1 Like

Say what now?!

Because they choose to spend their money on the game :sweat:? Smh.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, which is what the forum allows you to share. FWIW the thread title is…
An appeal to SG for some common sense.
So perhaps, direct your opinions at SG, not other players.

Back on topic.

SG designing costumes for some of the best heros in the game?! That’s ludicrous if the goal is longevity and to keep improving the game.

I too was under the false impression that costumes were primarily to buff S1 heros to keep in step with the stronger heros being released. I feel like such a fool :sweat:.

3 Likes

Sorry but nope, it’s not skill now but simply money.

I mean, they are not “bad” players. Of course they know how to use heroes, manipulate boards, score high and so on.
But right now, they do not know or do anything more then what most of us “olders” can do.
The only difference is which hero you have, how many items and how many retries.

So nope, if anything eventually luck could influence a leaderboard right now much more then skills.
But even luck could be beaten if you retry until you score better.

Occasionally some good players could pop up.
But If a person is always on the leaderboard, it is not for skills as skills can’t compete with unlimited resources, sadly.

1 Like

Yes, you are so absolutely right. Summoning all the fresh new heroes automatically puts a player at the top, because all of the new heroes don’t require leveling and emblems because they all automatically have that. So if players stopped spending money on big pulls that will 100% without a doubt stop SG from continuously nerfing heroes. Got it, that makes tons of sense as a solution for someone who wishes to be at the top but can’t get there so it’s all the fault of the whale gate keepers. Meanwhile in the land of reality. Even Pac Man required a large amount of coinage for a person to put their name at the top. So no big spenders are not the problem and therefore can’t “no buy” a solution. The problem is lack of game direction and rewarded progress. The main goal of the game shouldn’t only be the leaderboard, but unfortunately that is what is. All of their new ideas are failing because they aren’t able to see that the basics of the game needs to be refreshed. They are coming out with new heroes and events in an attempt to keep their long time players interested in the game and new players big eyed on all of it. But it’s all failing due to lack of change to the foundation of the game. Pay and free players are all disppointed.

1 Like

They scratched those beta costumes. To much heat about them, lol.

But they are releasing new costumes for some of the springvale heros. :sweat:

As for taking on board the hundreds of posts against this decision, a case of selective distortion. They’re only hearing what they want to hear. So sad :sweat:.

2 Likes

Absolutely no staff response or acknowledgement again. Meh. My wallet is closed going forward. If they don’t even have the respect to have a conversation with their income, they don’t deserve that income from me anymore.

4 Likes

If the state of the game requires balancing to scale down heroes that already exist and are too strong, the concept of releasing even stronger heroes that will generate ten times as many complaints into ten times the nerfs isn’t worth spending a dime on.

2 Likes

Oh if you want staff to respond to your thread you just need to talk about a competing game. I still remember Telluria-gate where there were 300+ posts and staff acted like nothing was happening. Then someone created a post talking about a certain other match 3 game and lo and behold SG staff were on it within 5 minutes like white on rice. So insecure are they of their own product…

6 Likes

Repeat after me…Though shall not spendeth on junk.

Now apply that to this game. Then, and only then, will the devs get it through their collective thick heads that they aren’t the only game in town and should start treating their players like people, not doormats.

Sorry my friend, but you are flat out wrong there. I would take an educated guess that the several hundred thousand C2P players would total a mountain more revenue than the few hundred whales.

In terms of sheer volume, C2P would be the bulk of SG revenue, in my opinion.Want SG to sit up and take notice? Mobilise the vast majority of their player base, not the most visual 1% at the top.

A horse (SG) cannot run without it’s legs (the player base).

Sure, someone can counter with “cut off a snake’s (SG) head (the whales) and it will die”. I’d doubt it, for the simple reason that another spender would be willing to replace them. A massive and coordinated exodus of players (never gonna happen) would kick them in the wallet.

As none of the above scenarios will occur, the Devs will continue on whatever path they like and players will, albeit begrudgingly, accept it. Period. Or they’ll occasionally post vids of a Viking funeral of their roster etc. For every player out, 2 join.

The die is well and truly cast, unfortunately.

Most of us don’t play to satisfy our egos by being the best, but being good at the level we play.

1 Like

They should do it once a year minimum

1 Like

I disagree with you here. I think most of the HOTMs have some value in ascending. I have ascended Noor (got good use out of her), Grimble x 2 (Great use out of him), Zocc (good use out of him). Ruben will sit on 3/70 for the forseeable future - don’t see much of a use case for him given I have Grazul. Rafaelle is at 3/70 but I will eventually get him to 4/80 as I can see the potential for him to turn a match around as part of a rainbow setup. I would have ascended Bertilla and Bai Yeong if I got them, and also Glenda if I had gotten her. Zulag would not have gotten any levelling love at all.

There is no Value on anything in this game and you putting value to hero’s is the start of the issue where Zynga/SG use to take advantage of people. They are digital toys nothing further.

1 Like

22 Likes

That’s where whales could be vocal.

It is undeniable true that “the common folks” give the most revenue to this game, but it is also true that whales do not only feed the monster with incredibly high quantity of money, but they also push other to follow their steps.

They are so called, influencer.

When the average player see the leaderboard filled with a specific hero, take a trip on youtube and see tons of videos of this people summon crazy to have him, give amazing feedback and show all the top alliances having it, you basically are free advertizing it and influence other people to at least give it a try.

That’s exactly what happen to Telluria.
It is by any means not a coincidence an incredibly high quantity of players owned her, even tho it suppose to not be so easy.

It’s not only the money they spent that matter, but even how they move people into spending that must be changed.

You start from there, and all the things fall of like a domino.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right yeah this is a lot of BS I am paying money to play this game too and even keep up with new heroes even if I try to get a new hero it’s all one two or three heroes and now they even got me locked out of my game saying that stock is out of stock so

This is absolutely the case. There are probably hundreds of thousands of players that buy VIP, and PoV, and that’s it. And they watch mystic visions, and they have never even visited this forum.
Having this descend into a battle of blame amongst the player base, whales vs f2p and c2p, turns the focus of where anger should be directed.
None of the bad design or any other aspect of this game is anyone’s fault but SG. We need to keep that in mind, and try to be nice to each other.

5 Likes

I have absolutely no problem with any other player, be they F2P/C2P/P2P/P2W, and you are right that players arguing is counterproductive.

That the same in game issues highlighted among many forum members across hundreds of threads persist? That is where the frustration has set in.

How to get the point across to the devs? Most see the way forward by hitting SG where it hurts…their revenue stream. So, sadly, each and every topic becomes an exercise is blaming others. If the game had a coherent and visible path that the players could see, and not just the cash grab approach it has become, then a lot of resentment towards SG would end. I think :thinking:.

As @Elpis says, things probably need to start from the top down, if the elite players are influencing the player base, deliberately or otherwise. How to get people to unify, if indeed they even want to? That’s the problem.

1 Like