Am I the only person who hasn't ever fully ascended any 5* vanilla heroes?

Okay wait so I’m confused lol, then you actually have 70 heroes maxed to 4/80? For a second I thought you had them all at 3/70 according to @nevarmaor :smiley:

Nope. That shows the highest level achieved by any hero on her roster. So either 4/70 (4*) or 3/70 (5*). Technically she could have someone at 4/70, but why go that far and not finish, so 5* maxed at 3/70.

–pef

5 Likes

Sure Domitia, Magni, Marjana, and I used Joon over a year before I pulled his costume.

Just because a hero is a little lower stats or whatever they’re still often way more useful than peoples perception. Same as how my roster is very slow heavy compared to most, my raid defense doesn’t have a single fast hero and I hold 2500 ish diamond easily, and with 2 S1 heros as well.

1 Like

Yeah mostly I’m gonna keep my remaining S1 hero’s in bench till I get costume. Without costume I levelled only 3. With costume I have isarnia, Thorne, Joon fully levelled. I got sartana , Magni from HA and my S1 collection is complete but I don’t think I will level any of the S1 hero’s now :grinning:

1 Like

seems logical to me, to ascend (useful) HOTMs and event heroes over vanillas… depends on who you got.

I’m FTP, but the first eight 5*s I got were all non-vanillas… so the first six ascensions I made were all non-vanillas, broken only by Marjana as she was the only Red available when I had enough mats.

My Greens are a good example, I got Kadilen, Elkanen and Horghall fairly early, but I kept getting non-vanilla Greens that kept queueing ahead of them… in contrast, I ascended all four vanilla Reds early because I didn’t get any non-vanilla Reds for a while.

1 Like

Oh right I see :slight_smile: It took me so long to get all the classic 5* heroes because I don’t have HA10 so I only get them from event summons. That being said I’m pretty sure I’m still missing Magni and Justice lol

1 Like

That’s interesting your first 8 5* were all non-classics, must have been lucky with the summons given you’re F2P. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Magni and Marjana were the only ones I have ascended without having their costume. I have since gotten Marjana costume so Magni is my only season 1 without costume.

I also leveled Kadelin, Richard, Elkanen, and Leo when I got their costumes.

2 Likes

Joon came to my roster from TC20 in (spookily enough) June 2019. He is still on my raid defence team now, with emblems but not limit broken. I might finally swap him out for Hanitra when she’s ready, but if his costume ever turns up he’ll probably go back in again.

My first ever 5* was Leonidas, from an elemental portal. I promised him he would be levelled some day, and although he queued behind Joon for final ascension I did keep the promise, and found him situationally quite useful. Only recently got his costume and obviously whizzed that up too. Vaguely considering levelling the dupe one day.

Lianna (another from TC20) was maxed immediately, and when her costume came that got priority too. Sartana, Khagan and Magni all sat at 3.70 until they got costumes, now they’re all maxed. All these do see regular use, Khagan the most.

Richard, Isarnia and Justice are at 3.70 with their costumes. I would like to level them one day but am in no rush (I probably should pay attention to Isarnia though). They get a little action in places like early Towers and Masquerade. Quintus has a costume but is sitting at 2.60; he’s really a “when you’ve got nothing else to do” project. Domitia, Thorne, Kadilen, Azlar, Vivica, Marjana and Elena are also at 3.70 and will stay there unless and until I get their costumes. Obakan the same but at 1.1 because he was late to the party.

Elkanen I got pretty early, think he might have been my second 5*, but he sits at 1.1 and probably will forever; costume unlikely to make a difference. Ditto Horghall. However, this is more about having a glut of decent green candidates than disdain for s1 heroes. I mean: vanilla Elkanen… Quenell… difficult choice, right?

1 Like

I have to… SG is super stingy with ascension material.

I always have the conspiracy theory that players will find themselves short of one particular ascension item, short of good heroes from one particular class, very bad luck from one particular portal.

In my case,

• Ascension material is Tome - excluding Tome, I have enough material to ascend 4 rainbow 5* teams right now, taking Tome into consideration, I can only do 2 teams
  • Heroes are nature & ice - I keep drawing 3* and 4* nature heroes during my pulls, but have so few good nature heroes worth ascending. Ice is not too far behind either - last time I draw some good ice hero is back in March/April when I landed Athena and Alasie from the mighty ToL portal
  • Unlucky portal is seasonal portal - 30+ pulls at Halloween 2020 → nothing; 10 pulls at Xmas 2020 → 1st Santa; 50+ pulls at Springvale 2021 → nothing; 60+ pulls at Xmas 2021 → dupe Santa :joy: (see - I want Krampus and MN from the Xmas portal and of course I won’t get them coz they are blue and green lol)

So if this soul exchange thing becomes live one day, I will def try to grab a good nature or ice hero.

1 Like

I’m a Vc2p most my 5* havent been season 1 the ones I have 1/1 I have no use for really…
The ones iv have maxed are…
Joon leo
Kaghan
Thorne
Elk
Non have costumes. Plus I have like 24 maxed 5* anyway

1 Like

Some of the S1 heroes are much better as some of the last Hotm!
I prefer uncostumed Sartana, Lianna,Marjana, Magni, Joon and Domitia over any Chakki, Balbar, Reuben or Noor!

Happy gaming

1 Like

Definite paying player here but can’t say I have the same setup as you :slight_smile:

I have 70+ maxed 5* heroes, of which I have:

• Marjana (+ costume)
  • Elena (+ costume)
  • Lianna (+ costume)
  • Sartana (+ costume)
  • Magni (+ costume)
  • Kadilen (+ costume)

Sensing some kinda pattern… :thinking:

2 Likes

:rofl: You ain’t alone :rofl:

Next week will complete my 2nd year with this game & have 46 - 5*s completed.

• Marjana (got costume later) is the only one who I have completed from S1 & the rest of 8 chaps are sitting @3/70.
  • Poor Lianna with costume came late & hence is at 3/70 as there have been constantly better options, with LoTL dropping in last week.
  • Though, now, seems will soon complete Lianna with next set of Tonics as don’t need another nature healer & Lianna’s brilliant snipe is useful !

It is what it is … for now !

1 Like

As F2P I don’t really have a choice, but maxing S1 heroes. Especially with my “luck” with HOTMs (first one I’ve pulled 2 years after starting this game). I am almost 3 years in this game, and I managed to pull exactly 7 non-S1 5* heroes so far (including whole 3 HOTMS from Bonus Pulls), so, once again, I don’t really have a choice.

2 Likes

I do pay some, but only level A grade heroes. Not worth materials for so-so heroes.

1 Like

Please tell me you’re atleast F2P :smiley: as Quenell is your most powerful hero I guess you either leave 4* to 3/60 aswell or dont emblem them at all? Kudos to you, you have nerves of steel playing like that and level 94 aswell :open_mouth: How many 4* materials you have?

2 Likes

I started playing this year and don’t have any S1 heroes maxed. Don’t plan to ever do so either as I have a long line of more recent 5*s.

1 Like

Why thank you :blush: I’m a stubborn lil weirdo, that’s for sure.

& I’m not :sweat_smile: Haven’t been f2p since my first month in the game. Spent year+ as c2p, but I most def swing closer to p2p.

As for my 4*, they’re all at 4/70. But even still, new 5* like Quenell leap even the costumed 4* in TP, even at 3/70 (esp if no emblems or LB are involved whatsoever).

I don’t think I’ll be able to continue playing this way much longer; burn-out is getting the best of me, and thought it’d be pretty sad to quit the game before ever maxing my 5*, but still holding steady for now

As for my mats:

Randa's Mats

11 Likes

Omg that’s so interesting Randa, and so many ascension mats! May I ask why you don’t want to ascend any 5* lol, I’m just curious :slight_smile:

1 Like