Am I the only one strongly disappointed by the 1.12 update?

I have been playing for 8 months and have almost all buildings leveled up, just odds and ends remaining. Also have a nice roster of heroes, but it seems meaningless now. With more powerful hotm’s every month it is either spend or keep quiet in a corner. Raid nerfing did not affect me, as I loathe raiding and only do it for the chest (so from a personal point of view you can imagine how I feel about wars), but from some mates I can see how frustrating it is not to get resources, so they are now cup dropping and doing it also just for chests. I am facing 9* titans with just a coupl of banners due to lack of resources, even using every world energy I get those are lacking, and I am not buying them at 100 gems a pop, and flasks almost disappeared from my chests. I have a TC 20 but did not try to get any hero, for I barely have materials for those I have, why should I want more. Also, besides the low percentage of resulting 5* heroes, about 70% percents of possible 5*s are irrelevant nowadays (anyone expending resources in Horghall, kadilen,Khagan, Thorne, just to name a few?). It got to the point that on last event I made a half hearted try for Cabin boy and got Lady Locke, and was upset by it, as the lady is no use with the queue waiting for tonics). One of the things I still enjoyed was going to help other alliances needing help with their titan, when I had spare flags (did not stay for loot) but even that was taken away, first by being stuck with darned war for 4 days a week, and now with that idiotic loot nerfing.I feel like SG is puting halters and blinkers on so as to direct us like a workhorse. Super titans did not add anything new, as 90% of us won’t ever see one. All in all, it is becoming a drudge.

4 Likes

Wow that seems low to me. Bad luck indeed! :confused:

I seem to have no problem getting 3* ascension materials (capes, blades, orbs, etc), but 4* are much harder (tonics, darts, etc). I love Rare Quests for this reason; always one of each. :wink:

I totally agree. The raids system suck the Alliance Wars suck…and their loot. I only have 3* coming out of my Tc20’s almost all of the time too. I have noticed that we are now regularly seeing offers where we can buy ascension items, i have told my alliance members not to purchase these offers because if Small Giant sees how desperate players are to get ascension matts, the less we will get from drops. It will become the big money cow that SG will Milk and Milk and Milk.

I fully agree that SG should make money but the problem is HOW they will make it…THERE ARE TWO (2) BIG MISTAKES A GAME CAN MAKE (SG can do research on this, as i have and i have experienced it first hand).

The first mistake is to BREAK A PLAYERS GROWTH so much that his game play becomes stagnant or slows down to a creep. Companies do this to FORCE players to purchase items. A few will purchase because they love spending…a few will purchase against their will untill they get tired and discouraged and a few more will leave the game and simply wont play again.

My advice to SG is to get a model where you can entice players to spend money…not to make them feel FORCED to spend…if they feel forced they will stop sooner or later.

The second biggest mistake any game company can make is to JUMP when TOP PLAYERS snap their fingers. SG had a profit of $50 million in their first year since the release, advertisements aside…SG did not make let say $45 million form the top 100 players(spenders) in the game…they made it from EVERYONE WHO PURCHASED SOMETHING.

Jumping to the demands of top players is a recipe for disaster…one good example is GAME OF WAR…that game is so ridiculed and flawed…that it lost MILLIONS OF PLAYERS…because they kept changing the game to how the big spenders wanted it…i still get emails two years later inviting me back with loads of gifts …that was the most addictive game but luckily it was destoyed. I never unsubscribed from their emails because they remind me of a lesson learnt.

The lesson for Small Giant is simple…if you ignore the little guys and only listen to the top spenders you will end up with a game where there is only top spenders left…they wont be enough to run an expensive server and platform and of course if you only have top spenders left…GOODLUCK on keeping al of them happy.

I do spend every now and then but its not worth it anymore. This past war i did not want to partake but used my flags because i was bored…as soon as we have an opt-out option i will not do wars again.

I agree with tHe loot tickets too…it is TOTALLY UNNECESSARY… we have to farm daily so we asked you to make it easier …and you give it out as loot? The loot suck and the ticket doesnt make it suck less.

I have noticed an INCREASED AMOUNT of “match three game” releases in the app store…some of them seems really great…the only reason i am still here is because i have faith in SG and i have been here for a while.

I BEG you SG…dont destroy a good game!!!

5 Likes

Hello concerning AW staff confirmed they take the 30 top heros of each player in the team which seems fair to me

My loot for being A+ on a 9* titan, and multiple raid/monster chests have been on par with this raid chest just now. Been terrible since 1.12 update. :frowning:

https://streamable.com/m3zup

I did have a holy chest which had a sturdy shield yesteday. Everything else was crap