Am I the only one losing steam and interest?

You are definitely not on that Isle alone , I haven’t even started it , and doubt i will be … They have negatively impacted the interests level of plenty with all their Shenanigans.

3 Likes

Great word.

20 Capers & Antics

2 Likes

I’m just about to the point of finally quitting for good. Raids have become unplayable. The boards across every event have become progressively more trash. Watch the opening board have no moves, reshuffle to give me no moves again, then reshuffle a second time to give me endless single moves without combos. Pulls are nothing but season 1 three and four stars consistently. Events give nothing for chests but always require burning through battle items at the higher levels. I’ve gone through a few one or two week breaks, but over the past couple weeks I’ve almost decided to just delete the app and move on with life and find something else to play.

3 Likes

I think this is the primary problem. It’s not that we want the game to be easier, it’s that we want it to stop actively screwing us over with garbage boards, pulls, and rewards so often. If you’re going to ramp up the difficulty, cool! Compensate accordingly and actually give us more than a snowball’s chance in hell of being successful.

7 Likes

yes, 100% :slight_smile: could not have said it better myself!

1 Like

We have 128 messages since May 3rd about losing interest. :thinking:

It’s a fun game of tile matching and of the magnification or the lessening of effects. I’m enjoying it. I don’t spend a penny but I’m enjoying it. :partying_face:

3 Likes

The post wasn’t to see who was enjoying the game, but rather who felt like I feel. Refresher in very first post if needed. If not, I’m glad you are still enjoying the game. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’m enjoying it less and less. I rather come to the forums and talk about the game rather than actually play the game. I don’t like fighting my way through the pop-ups just to collect my food and iron. I don’t like trying to complete the path objectives anymore when my heroes won’t stand up to the new ones I matched against.

I’m simply enjoying the game less and less overall

4 Likes

I play Puzzle Combat, and these games both have the same issue. It’s not u, it’s thr gameplay. They come up with new heroes, but not with new ways to PLAY them.
Lazy coding. So as gamers, we have to create fun ways within our alliance to make it fun.

3 Likes

Biggest problem is loot. Ballooons are a joke, watching ads sucks, titan loot is just titan parts, it’s all mundane. No interest in untold tales.

I like Giants simply for the new & different loot. Not sure why it has to run concurrent with PoV, but I’ll get over it. Been playing for 3.5 years and interest level has been on a steep decline since the Xnol nerf. Only playing for Aethers at this point. (And I’m only still playing because I recently switched alliances.)

1 Like

The current meta… id rather pleasure myself with sandpaper

4 Likes

Towers? Forget the game, even the offers have become so much boilerplate. The whole game is just becoming a monotonous endless cycle.

Untold tales - what’s new? Just set on autoplay and watch a movie. It’s so boring of a season. What tale is untold - that this game continues to suck?

The devs are focused on how many offers they can spin out in a day and how many new heroes they can breed every single day. When all else fails, just get the hero a costume with same stats (±10% coz - creativity!) and boom you go.

Aethers - alpha beta gamma and the cycle never ends…

So yeah, everyone’s lost steam, including SGG. Just squeezing the last drops while it lasts…

6 Likes

I feel you, i went F2P over the SE selections and i am enjoying the game more when i do play now, but i do play much much less. If you are spending still, try going F2P for a bit, or vice versa if budget allows.

Mix it up is what im trying to say. I changed alliances a while back too. That rejuvenated me up until recently.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fun and friendships made along the way, but it’s a wrap for me

10 Likes

Just out of curiosity are you talking about normal or impossible Ninjatower?

I can relate to the reasonable part but which challenges are impossible for you without spending?

And I am not sure if I have asked before but hiw long have you been playing?

I’m talking about the Towers as a whole. Normal up to Impossible.

at the moment none, but before I got Celidana I would never have been able to finish Ninja/Styx Impossible due to not having enough overhealers (last round, I only had Celidana left uncursed, which left precious little room for error).

I already know and acknowledge the argument, that almost anything in this game is possible to complete without spending (with enough patience and luck and skill). That’s why I said REASONABLE and POSSIBLE in combination. (I guess it depends too, if one thinks that a 5-year active player may not be able to finish an event because of lack of heroes lol)

I have been playing almost 5 years now (I will reach 5 years in 2 months). My only overhealers are Celidana, 2x C-Kashhrek, 2x Azmia and Ptolemy - and those last two only overheal with a small % chance. Oh there’s also Faiez.

I require overheal because some of those bosses can one-shot my heroes at normal health with their specials, even if defensive buffs are applied. And my only resurrectors are Anton and Gramps. Heck, I’ve even had heroes get one-shotted by some bosses with MAX overheal and defensive buffs in place :slight_smile: my poor Amethyst died and had to be resurrected… for sure, this was in Styx as well, Erebus for example hits amazingly hard.

There was one Styx Tower I didn’t even bother trying the last few floors, with the class restrictions then not a single one of my available overhealers could be used (I didn’t have Celidana yet, I recall).

how to get around that?

a) get a better roster such that I do not have to rely on overheal/riposte - possible with patience, sped up with spending. but how much time/patience would I need without spending?

b) summon a lot to get a lot of heroes with required skills. not one of these overheal or resurrect heroes is available in Training Camps…

In any case, without my lucky pulls of Celidana and all those other overhealers I listed, plus having enough riposters and reflectors, I WOULD NOT be able to finish Ninja Tower Impossible. I didn’t spend to get those, sure. But if I had even one fewer overhealer in my roster, I would likely not have finished the Tower.

So basically, after about 5 years of playing, I have just barely enough roster depth to be able to finish Ninja and Styx Impossible (without spending).

3 Likes

Hey…you got a 5* overthealer! :+1:
I am turning slightly green out of envy but good for you. :slight_smile:

Concerning the towers I mostly agree with you. I barely finshed the Ninja tower once and since then I just do enough to place in top 50-100k. It is such a slog and soo boreing.
The interesting thing is that since I use Ludwig ( no emblems or LB ) Ninjatower is still a slog but actually quite easy. Somewhere around level 35-40 Ludwig finally got his second curse but I was out of energy anyways. :slightly_smiling_face:
I lost no other hero to curses.
I have to admit I couldent be bothered to finish styx though.

Unfortunately you are soooooo spot on with this!
But you could have goten M.N. , Alberich or Heimdall from SE or fate.
Unfortunately I could only get Heimdall since I dint have the becessary souls to exchange for the other two.

2 Likes

That is true. But I opted not to - this last SE was the first I had enough dupes for, went with Guan Yu instead. Alby would have been nice, but I don’t want a resurrector that badly . For FS, my choices so far have been Mitsuko (blue reflect) and Grazul (ailment block) - both offered skills that I was missing too :wink:

My next FS target is Lord Loki because he is so unique. If I manage another FS pull this round, it will be Heimdall… if :slight_smile: ah well, maybe Christmas will be lucky for me and I can get Mom North

With limited chances to partake in SE or FS, it becomes a matter of prioritisation. While I want to finish Ninja / Styx impossible (not Magic, too many floors!), it’s not my biggest priority. So I opted for other skills that can round out my team more.

Resurrection is nice, but I can use Miracle Scrolls anyway :wink:

Thank you, and hope you get one soon too :slight_smile: Celidana is quite good at what she does… many times she was my last hero standing, and I was able to Miracle scroll my team to come back for a win. She’s extremely sturdy!

1 Like

Am sorry to see this but what is best for you must come first.
Be safe
Be well
Always be free.

3 Likes