Am I the only one? - Alliance Members Not Using Flags

You are not the only one at all :slight_smile: I don´t mind losing wars. But losing because half the team is not participating, even though they signed up for it is very discouraging. It´s similar to Titans. They keep getting away, because only 10 of us hit them.

I am not one to be too harsh on people and decide what they spend their time on, naturally :slight_smile: But as a poster above me said; How much time does it take to use 6 War Flags? 3 Titan Hits? You signed up for it, after all.

Edit: Just to clarify: On average, the alliance I am in have around 40-50 flags unused. I wish it was not like that though, of course :slight_smile: But even the leader is absent from time to time. I wish there were alliances for those who are dedicated and active, yet still new to the game.

2 Likes

Exactly because you do use all your flags :smile:

We also seldom have all used all war flags, usually around 6 unused. But its not repeat offenders. Seems to me that as we are on a ladder in wars if I had zero tolerance for unused hits we would just move up the ladder a bit and then average out on the same win/lose ratio anyway?

3 Likes

LOL

I don’t know what the secret is. We typically leave around 16 flags unused. RL and all that. I once missed a war myself entirely accidentally by forgetting which day was Wednesday. They all blur into one sometimes.

We win about half our wars. Going by the war scores they are usually very close match-ups. Sometimes we win or lose close, sometimes we win by 1000 points or lose by 2000. Many (most?) of our opponents like to wait until the end to use their flags. Sometimes they come up short. We have been matched against opponents who use all their flags (usually in the last two hours) and wipe us out comprehensively.

We have a wide range of experience and level. Some of our defenses are very tough, others not so much. I suspect some of our wins are the result of opponents needing too many flags to flip us. Last war my defense took four flags to be defeated on the second flip attempt (and two on the first). One time our leader’s defense racked up eleven for one kill (and that was pre-Telly).

In total I think we have 5 Telly’s. Rest of us mostly use red tanks. Mine is Costumed Elena. We typically have around 20 opted in.

Sometimes members will comment about people not using all their flags and we stress that we are laid-back and don’t really care, if that’s their thing there are other alliances. They then just keep on playing and don’t leave so something must be working.

Worst thing is to stress out about it IMHO. This is a game I play to reduce my stress (although often RNGesus conspires against that), not to add to it.

2 Likes

If your alliance rules/conventions include using all flags then you are NOT the bad guys at all. They are the bad guys for not following the rules.

2 Likes

The top alliances usually have associated training alliances for just such a player.

3 Likes

In Crew we even expect all the flags to be used in our Training alliance.

No one expects you in opt in every single war but if you do then use your flags. It’s not hard.

Now on occasion RL does get in the way. We had a member miss some flags because they were up in Canada visiting family and the place he was staying said it had WiFi…when he got there it didn’t and he couldn’t find WiFi before the war ended.

Now that’s an excusable reason. Plus he was mortified.

Our last war was 25 v 25 as 5 had opted out. No flags left. Which is how we are in every war bar the anomaly one.

The worst sin missing the flags and not even saying sorry. That gets you kicked in most alliances tbh.

2 Likes

Slightly off-topic,

but there really are active alliances who use all their war flags. Check out the alliance recruitment section. GL :wink:

My alt account toured many alliances looking for just that : an alliance of people who used all their flags because they were considerate of others. Sadly, there weren’t many, even though they advertised themselves as being active. One piece of advice… Always check individual player activity on the member list before joining.

7 Likes

All you have to do is post “I’m looking for an alliance” and boom the floodgates will open.

But it’s why I jumped…unused flags were becoming a tiresome issue and I couldn’t be bothered with it anymore.

Life is much happier when you are in an active alliance

4 Likes

This. I have always used my flags, even when I get pounded with bad boards and I am over matched. Because in the land of rngesus, you just never know. And it could make the difference.

Many of my current alliance mates are real casual about war and titans. They don’t fully participate and then complain afterward when we lose or the titan kicks our asses. Last war we lost by 23 points which may have turned into a win if all flags were used. Leadership thought we did great. Two people left in 2 days because they were disgusted. Would love to exit myself but don’t think I am very good.

Joining an alliance to me means making a commitment, just like joining any team. Of course life happens, no worries. But if you want to grow and improve as a group, it takes everyone to do so. Put in some effort. Read and learn. Ask experienced players.

TRY.

Time to get off the soapbox and see if rngesus will give me a few decent raid boards…

4 Likes

Well, you’d be welcome to join my alt alliance if you grow tired of leading and unused flags.

RL does happen, and there are sometimes legitimate reasons players couldn’t find time in the day to use all their war flags. BUT, I can never understand people NOT opting out if they have no intention of using war flags :dizzy_face::sweat:. Maybe they are not used to team activities? Idk :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess it probably is my fault that my alliance keeps getting tough opponents. Because my first alliance was a training alliance and rule #1 was USE YOUR FLAGS.

Same rule applied to every player who opted in, from level 15 to 50 and beyond. If you opt into war, use all of your flags. Simple.

My current alliance? Of course RL comes first! I don’t even give people slack for missing titans entirely (not even when I see them logging on and not hitting the titan). I figure, if they don’t want the titan loot? Okie dokie. Suit yourself. The rest of us will try to take it ourselves. If we can’t? We drop down a level to something more manageable for us without your help, because we have to assume that you might not show up. :man_shrugging:

Totally fine with that.

Wars, however. You opt in? You’re putting up a target defense team that the opponents can kill to score points against us. You’re giving the opponent 6 extra flags to use against us. If you don’t use your 6 flags? You are automatically putting my entire war team at a disadvantage.

If you want to throw away your own chances at titan loot, that’s fine. But if you voluntarily opt into war, please don’t screw over the rest of us. That’s all I ask.

Again. Opting into war in my alliance is 100% voluntary. Anyone who doesn’t want to use 6 war flags is always free to opt out.

And of course I do give passes to people who have emergencies and such. I don’t think I’d ever actually kick someone out for missing war hits, unless they did it like… every single freaking time even after being reminded of the expectations over and over and over again. That would annoy me (and probably several others) and eventually I would be forced to take action (be the bad guy).

ADDED:

I suppose I could always do like a FAQ for my alliance… something like…

Q: I want to opt into war, but I only have 15 heroes. Should I?

A: No.

Q: I won’t be able to use my flags in the first half of war because I’ll be busy, but I can use all 6 in the second half. Should I opt in?

A: Yes!

Q: I’ll be able to use my first 3 flags, but I’ll be busy for the second half. Should I opt in?

A: No.

Q: My wife is 9 months pregnant and could go into labor any day now. Should I opt in?

A: NOOOO!!!

Q: My dad is in the hospital with a critical illness. There is no wifi in the hospital. Should I opt in? I could always step out to the parking lot and try to find a signal.

A: Are you kidding, dude? No. Opt out and spend time with your father. And send him our blessings.

4 Likes

Some extras for your FAQ…

Q - I’m currently studying an active volcano, it could erupt any time and if it does I’ll probably not get out alive. But in the name of science I’m prepared to take these risks. Should I opt in wars?

A - No. Whilst the risk to your life is important, dying horribly in liquid Magma would disadvantage the team so opt out

Q - I’m on a Nokia 3310 and playing snake, should I opt in to the war?

A - You need to opt into 2020 and buy a smart phone first. I appreciate the 3310 will survive the Apocalypse and the 90’s has a cool Friends vibe to them but currently I’d opt out of the war. And by War I mean the upcoming 2nd Conflict in Iraq that you probably don’t know about yet since I now believe you are a time traveller.

Q - I believe in some random waffle posted to Reddit and consider it to be a secret code that only I can understand and that 5G is really an alien invention being brought in to turn us all into mindless zombies. Should I opt into the war?

A - You need to opt into wearing a tinfoil hat and go and live in a cabin in the woods and cut yourself off from the world and live a peaceful life away from technology and people. However if you can get 6 hits in before you lose signal please do and then opt out of future wars so I don’t need to kick you later. And good luck with your new off-grid life of self sufficiency.

7 Likes

In my Alliance there are rules for full flags, if not rank is demoted or kick, sometimes because someone is not a full flag it can cause defeat by a thin score at Alliance war

It’s kind of sad… my first alliance, we had a member who was a firefighter. An actual real life hero kind of guy. Or at least so he claimed, shame on him if he was lying, but I took him at his word.

He missed a few war and titan hits. His explanation? He had been up for over 24 hours, flew to another state to help them fight the out of control wildfires, was too busy and exhausted to remember the alliance war.

My take was… holy :poop: man, don’t worry about it, you’re literally saving lives, that is way more important than this stupid game.

Incredibly, at least one of my fellow leaders disagreed and wanted to kick him out. For missing a few war flags. So that he could fight fires that were killing people and animals and devastating millions of acres of property and forestland.

I won’t ever be “that guy”.

Now, on the other hand, if someone in my alliance ever says “I didn’t use all my war flags because I didn’t feel like it, who cares?” I will politely ask them to opt out of wars going forward. If they refuse?

I’m usually a pretty nice and fair guy, those who know me can attest to that. But I politely ask that other people do not try to test my patience, because it is not without limits. If I ever suspected that anyone in my alliance was sabotaging us on purpose, that is something I cannot and will not tolerate.

2 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

I have the same issue with my alliance. I also have the issue of having members not participating in Titan battles. Very frustrating. It is an ALLIANCE based game afterall.

1 Like

I left my first alliance because of that, and formed my own with two others. It got so annoying doing our best every War and Titan… and the leader then did nothing, either.

1 Like

We have two rules in our alliance (Here to Have Fun) plug, plug.

1. You must hit every titan
  2. Wars are not compulsory, but if you participate you must use all your flags.

Obviously real life can and should get in the way of a game. But if you are having problems, are going to be away or simply can’t be bothered, post a message or opt out. Two unannounced misses lead to you being booted.

That’s it. It’s simple to understand, and it gets people using chat more often!

3 Likes

Hi, VeryQuietly! I’ve got 2 “players”. 1900 & 2400 trophies. How do I, um, apply to an invite only alliance? Like yours!

2 Likes