Alternative

Can anyone recommend an RPG game that works well? Id like to compare an alternative game… one that does Not support gambling… and takes responsibility for issues, ( before i ditch this one )…

1 Like

Unfortunately this seems to be the way most ‘good’ mobile games are going. The big focus is squeezing the bucks from the whales with little regard for longevity. I was playing War Robots for over a year, and about 8 months ago they went down the same whaling path, introducing several different currencies, components, gambling, and blatant P2W tactics, though they continue to deny that to the death. New robots and weapons that just destroyed any semblance of balance in the game. It’s not as bad for noobs to these games who don’t know how they’ve changed for the worse over time, but long-time players feel it badly, many taking offense and feeling betrayed for being crapped on after supporting the game for so long.

My suggestion is to go surfing through the app store and try different games til you find one that appeals to you. I’ve lost count of all the ones I’ve tried and deleted since War Robots before landing on this one (for now). I’ve dropped a few $$$ on gem special offers, but that’s as far as I’ll go. When I see that a few $$$ here and there is useless and I’m no longer enjoying the game, I’ll be on to something else. Again. But be warned, there are a lot worse out there than E&P as far as relying to separate you from your money. Like just about anything from EA. Seems that nobody cares about good, long-term gaming any more, only about how much more money they can wring out of the 4% big-spenders. Truly a shame.

4 Likes

Heroes of Steel. Mobile, turn-based strategy/RPG game. 100s of hours of fun. A few things you can buy but they are all one-time permanent expansions to the game. If you buy everything you would spend ~$20. Developers actively respond to questions/comments on forums.

4 Likes

Honesty at last… thank you Danny…
I dont mind spending a few £££s on any game… I used my 3day allowance of 200 gems for 99p in a few hours… i love it for that… but even that is a subject… why is this option limited?
Really appreciate the reply
Enjoy while it lasts eh

Thanks Sam
Im off for a wander lol.

OK, now this kind of arrangement I like. Free demo, $1 each per subsequent chapter to continue. That’s more than fair – devs get paid commensurate with how many players are playing, and players don’t have to pledge vital organs to be competitive. I just downloaded and will give it a shot!

1 Like

Puzzle Quest, the original puzzle RPG game. 9.99 on Steam.

1 Like

Cookie Settings