Alpha Aethers made the game frustrating

You think I never auto farmed before?
I personally didn’t like it. But my style wasn’t…
:v: Battle of attrition :v:
Where a surprising amount of matches go the full 10 minutes, and most have the timer ticking in the upper left hand corner.

Meaning…
I did auto farm! Especially with laundry.
But…
I preferred to just finish PvE myself in 10 minutes so I could “proceed with my activities” without being pestered by my phone.

Really… please share that screenshot of your screen time! :partying_face:

Otherwise…

3648 x .15 losses = 4,195 raids in 200 days.
21 per day…

Looks like I did factor in some time for rerolls and “strategizing” your attack squads after all for 3 hours of daily raiding every day.

That alone is likely more time than a great number of folks have to spend on a connect-3

Yawp.

But when you can’t…
Not so auto auto farm for hours on end.
Then why spam every 2 weeks how old the F2P account is? If not to prove folks wrong?

But by SG’s own admission. Gems only give "short cuts".
So… again…

A f2p that spends 8 hours a day for 6 months
Can accomplish the same thing as…
A f2p that spends 2 hours a day for 2 years!

Ergo…
why many are confused by blanket statement of your… accomplishment

Without reference to how much time is involved.

I really don’t care if you have found a new angle to prove folks wrong. I’m happy for you.
But leaving out all the time involved is a bit disingenuous

Well this is a great thing about Fated Summons as we now have an easy way to track our summons.

FS came out on October 24, 2022. Today is April 21, 2023 so let’s round and say it’s been out for 6 months. I’ve done two FS and I’m at 65 ont eh counter currently. So 265 pulls (not counting five stars I received) in 6 months. 265/6 = ~44

I’m an active player who fills four chests a day, in an alliance that chains 14 star titans, and does okay in challenge events (top 10K). I’m not always on top of mystic vision, but I watch it.

So 25-35 is a low estimate to me.

As for time, I fill my raid chest as I walk the dog. That probably takes 15 minutes? In most cases I am autofarming to fill the monster chest as I do other things. That can certainly take longer, but I’m guessing I actively play for less than an hour a day. But if you count autofarming, I certainly play more. So my total play time is partially high because I’m rarely actively paying attention.

During AR I can use ~7 flasks with my 68 energy. Not counting the timed refill, I am doing 150+ runs a day during AR. Fairly easy as I work from home. Hardest part is actually feeding away feeder heroes. When I work in the office more, I expect my autofarming to take a hit.

But to Pompitous’s point, using time played in this game as a complaint is often done by low active players. Ever see those posts from people who haven’t gotten a dblade is 6 months? It’s so obvious they’re missing basic parts of the game. They use 6 months because it helps enhance their “argument”.

2 Likes

Haha, a two-way street! :wink:

In between the “arguments”, amounts of screen time are a hidden factor. One that matters!
And…
One that I believe most… have no actual clue how much they endure!

However… we don’t need fated summons.
Your device tracks screen time…!

What’s your device say the daily average for EnP @Ruskin505 ?

1 Like

Screentime says 3 hours 14 minutes
Between 7-8 am when I was doing my raid chest it says 16 minutes. 7-8 pm while I was cooking it was 18 minutes. The rest is autofarming (I used flasks today).

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Ruskin505

Only four minutes for the week but …
My weekend is just starting!
I’ll flog the brain a little this weekend.
Maybe…

Winter is over. It’s getting nice!
I got the motorcycle all tuned up.
And a boy anxious to ride up to our fishing hole.
So… maybe not…

Just for perspective!
I’m sure there are others with families and jobs that give it the ol’ college try. And no 5* with 180 pulls after 6 months who feel frustrated when they see someone who has much more free time than is being disclosed.

1 Like

FYI I would estimate my overall winning percentage to be closer to 70%

Because when I see people spam “I can’t” I want to show them and others that “I can/you can/everyone can”

So… again… if you read what I am saying properly… in terms of getting a good number of pulls per month (which is what this conversation was about) the time required in the game is somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour of actively doing key PVE content.

I am confused. Who are these “many”?

Firstly, I have had many accomplishments. This was not one of them. This was just a statement of fact. It is not an accomplishments to have x pulls per month as a FTP.

Secondly, do you notice that I have not been derogatory to you the whole conversation we have had? But you just can’t help yourself can you?

I have said exactly how much time you need to invest to make that number of pulls

When have I ever said how much or how little free time I have? And again, my “free time” doesn’t translate into many more pulls at all beyond those given by doing the right PVE stuff. And who exactly is getting frustrated? And is it now a requirement in the forum to disclose how much time we spend on the game before making a post? You should probably hope that nobody asks you to disclose how much time you spend on the forum chopping up peoples’ posts to suit your narrative.

2 Likes

3 hours and 1 minute for the week.
Up 23% from last week… lame…
I blame this conversation!

Chopping up huh? I dunno about that homa.
My narrative is simply…

No reason to chop anything. It’s very simple.
And very true.
Claiming that any player whether they spend or not should all have YOUR experience is false.

Let’s see your forum screen time :smirk::+1:
Put some screenshots up here.
Must be some reason why you won’t? :man_shrugging:t2:

Wait for it…
Happy Gaming!

You are right homa, 40 pulls a month is manageable, I collected 45 costumes key before the event started slone. Add 10 keys from the event and divide it by two, because the event is bimonthly, you have 5 summons from costume chamber every month. Add three to four from free gems, 4-5 from challenge events (3-4 from challenge coins and 1-3 from rewarded EHT), two from towers and one from gifted tokens from the webshop.
I finished s5 hardmode in February, so I only get S5 tokens in chests and S2-S4 tokens from the seadragons , gnomes or bats. Add an sverage of two more summons every month. Then we have a seasonal event nearly every month, you can get two EHTs from every event, the Valentines event gave three. With EHT from MV and chests you can get at least an average of 5 additional EHTs every month. Alliance quest, ToL, Covenant portal, W3K or Superelemental quest will add at least 5 additional summons every month.
Thats arround thirty and the list is not complete.
And the display time is of no concern for many: its no tedious work or very distracting looking at MV or autofarming while watching television…

This time discussion is useless: you like the game and like to spend some time or not.
And sadly while I liked @Pompitous post two years ago, they got ever more bitter and biased. IMO he is not arguing in „good faith“ anymore, he tries to twist every argument you give to give it a negative touch or spin.
Because there seems to be no intention to reflect about his own viewpoint, arguing with him is nowadays fruitless.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

I explained my viewpoint very plainly.
And asked a simple question that was answered by one. No screenshot.

So I ask you too. What does your device say of screen time @Gimliv so others can determine and weigh their progress objectively.
Without bias or spin.

A screenshot ensures no… twisting!
As I have done when bitterness was just aimed at me. Go look and see where I bad mouth anyone as you have just done.

Happy gaming!

1 Like

I have my last war on Mrs.Jekyllandhyde, i think she is more amateur in a casual/ retired alliances, but she has no more concentrate into 4* as earlier.

My online time is not of your concern, and a screenshot proves nothing.
First, autofarming is not really „quality“ time consuming.
2nd, I have the game/account on two devices, a phone and a tablet and could send you a misleading screenshot.

3rd, what do you want next, publishing our bank account data to proof we are really f2p?

I share what I want to share, nothing more.

End of discussion.

2 Likes
  • You like new project with Alpha aethers
  • You don’t like new Alpha aethers because defences are too strong! (& other reason)
  • You have 50/50% rating

0 voters

We check the level of dissatisfaction with aethers

Literally the easiest treasure hunt ever

LB2 will change the gameplay, players will try the best way to beat the enemies, meanwhile i believe

1 farm and event will be more easier
2 when all players have fielded in complete LB2 heroes, the game will not be depend to the board only.
3 there will be selective to healer, either boosted health or healing. Regeneration healer will be used only with their great skill
4 dispeller will be widely used by the attack

So, why should i frustrated by raid, tournament and war at the moment.

1 Like

I myself raid a total of a bit more than 1 hour on my secondary F2P main account, if there is a tournament. If there is none, less than 1 hour (average 2 minute per fight). That however depends on a F2P’s roster. If it consists of mainly survival type, support and healer heroes, then of course every raid could take way more. Cup dropping also helps a lot of getting quicker raid matches.

A F2P that logs for only 1-2 hours daily will make generally a very very slow progress. Those that log for 1-2 hours daily and still manage to play somewhat competitively have invested some $ in the game at one point or another. It’s either time or money invested that pays off, of course the smarter those resources are invested the better progress they give.

If you mean his F2P account, the progress and pulls definitely match a hard-working time-investing F2P 7-month account. My F2P secondary main, although only 5-month old, is comparable (you may check @Homaclese s topic where we all recently posted screenshots to see for yourself).

Many F2P players deditcate a lot of time in the game and thus are rewarded with a faster and much more competitive progress. Many F2P play way more casually and as a result have way slower progress, mainly including hero upgrades (troops, emblems, limit break materials) or 4* hero quality and quantity (which IMO should be the strength and focus for all F2P players because quality 5* are unreliable to get).

From my own 5 month F2P secondary main, got 1FS hero, have 73/100 FS meter. However that doesn’t represent pulls exactly since we already saw that costumes are also added. But what @Homaclese said is true - what a F2P early on gets as free coins from simply passing S2-S5 maps dries out at the expense of more free summons obtained from events and quests. I’d say the realistic number is 20-25 hero summons and 12-15 troop summons for a hard-working F2P monthly on average.

Judging from his level, I’d say he’s not autofarming or rather very seldom autofarming to this point (probably excluding Monster and Elemental chests) but rather invests every WE he can spare in progressing further into Easy and Hard mode of any season in order to get more coins. Those fights probably take an average of 5 minutes each if we focus on conserving items, but at the same time use up a lot of energy (unless it’s that time of the month which is only for a couple days - AR, VF, TU). So, a 5-minute fight for an average of 1.5 hours energy assembling makes… 16 x5= 90 minutes PvE content daily. That’s an hour and a half…

That concurs with my own experience and with the calculations above. That being said, if you are an xp-farming maniac and focus on resources (crafting mats, xp, feeder heroes, feeder troops, backpacks) primarily then you are looking indeed at at least 3.5-4 hours of daily farming. Fortunately, loot tickets help early on with that in order not to wake up in the middle of the night during VF and have to burn 30 WE at 8-2 or 9-7 N for about 50 minites… you just use up 10 Loot Tickets (gained mostly via free ViP) and go back to sleep immediately…thus keeping up your progress at a minimal amount of time and effort (works also if you are at work).

Agreed, especially true about MV, watching those regularly counts for a lot (by that I mean an average of 9 daily MV at least, preferably more)

Not quite, since there are things which are not possible to do in such a short amount. For example, base building, troop and hero training…in short all processes you turn on auto and then you have to wait for x days to be completed…

There are priorities in life. E&P is just a silly, easy, non-competitive game. There are those of us that have more free time on our hands which we are willing to invest in it. Time invested (as well as money invested) will always make a difference, if you invest them wisely, no matter in what field of your everyday life (family, hobbies, games, etc). Your choice will pull you ahead in real life issues, but not so much in the game progress.

That’s a very logical argument, and yes, I’ve met numerous people telling me that “this or that in the game simply can’t be done” even after proving them wrong. Up to this very day. Most of the time the “can’t be done” argument simply shows a person’s limitations when at the same time it’s actually “can be done with the correct effort and in-game resources invested, including time”.

I’d only add that many things in this game can be done, certainly not everything, but for the “can” part it requires smarts and time. If one is lacking in either category, their progress will slow down. If one is lacking in both, then usually we have the “this game is so unfair, I can’t stand it anymore” argument…

2 Likes

I have never suspect @Homaclese capability of f2p plays, because he has spoken the facts.

However, he has taken benefit of master playing strategy before his 2nd account.

I have about reaching level 29 as well around that period, but was play blindly and wasted at that earlier.stage.

I bless him enjoys and successful in f2p account as well

3 Likes

Yes.
Thank you Saros. This is all I’m saying.

Except "It’s either time or money"
I disagree there.

I would say, It’s either time or time and money.
Even @JekylandHyde mentioned he no longer had time for the game and he afforded himself nearly every “short cut”

Most homa’s videos have the timer in the upper left hand corner. So… average 2 minutes is not possible for him. It’s one of his regular talking points how many times his slow heroes fire during his matches. In fact… quite a number of his matches go down to the 10 minute wire. Which is fine… we all don’t experience the same thing. Which is why most don’t make that claim.

We still have no screenshots of screen time.
Only an admission that 1 to 2 hours daily will take much longer to progress. As compared to… 4 hours. 6 hours. And 8 hours, daily!

It’s a personal choice how much we all donate to this connect-3. But that choice… clearly…

Yields Results!

So… 1 to 2 hours DAILY actually sounds like a lot to me! Doubt I’m alone. But… 1-2 hours daily, used to be plenty of time to complete necessary tasks a few years ago…

So… the effect of adding more grind to the game within an imbalanced vehicle is being found distasteful to those who don’t have 4-8 hours to spare on a connect-3?

Who woulda thunk it

1 Like

So I’d promised myself I’d stay out of argument on here in my return, however, who finds it distasteful and what right do those people have to disapprove of how people spend their time and lives?

People have hobbies and past-times some like to work on model cars, some play sports, some go hiking in the hills and some play computer games of varying descriptions of someone wanted to spend all day apart from when they were asleep on the game it doesn’t and should not matter. People have individual freedoms and in general the rest of the world should ■■■■ off and not comment on things that have no material impact on their lives. Homaclese is not telling anyone that they need to play certain amounts or do certain things, what he is showing is that it is possible as a FTP to advance in the game.

I’m seriously thinking my boredom previously was not with the game but with the forum…

6 Likes

Hey… I would find that distasteful!

Nowhere… not once, do I disapprove…

Time is a factor

And when there are “disagreements”
That factor is left out! But I don’t really see you @Kilted making value comparisons, claiming “my experience is different therefore, you are wrong.” again… with a critical value missing from the comparison the value is disingenuous

And when someone asks "how…"
Which is where I entered this.
Again… that factor previously, remained hidden.
It’s an appropriate talking point for them wondering why they are behind.

Some folks have been honest on the forum with how much money they have spent.
A very good characteristic!
Money affects gameplay. All the way down to board management. If someone is struggling to understand why their their F2P account is so far behind. The reason is hushed.
Why? What’s the shame on how much time you give to your hobby???

Well, let’s see…
January: 59 pulls (OK, much more, but I did a 30-pull for gems I needed almost a year to collect)
February: 46 pulls (OK, still eating up hoarded resources, this time keys from 4 months)
March: 30 pulls
April: 14 pulls done and still 25 to do (CF and gold tokens) sums up to 39 (and maybe I will gain some coins more).
So myth busted :wink:
btw, I probably spend around 3hrs/day playing.

1 Like