Alpha Aethers - An attempt for a reasonable approach

Yeah, I am not familiar with who is a mod but it would be nice if we could keep this civil and on topic

1 Like

Not for long if you continue like this

Sorry about this Its_Sherlock. People are mad and they lash out at everyone and everything. I personally appreciated you posting how the industry works. Why you are getting any heat is just the nature of forums where everyone thinks their opinion is the most important of them all.

6 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Seems like youā€™ve taken my words out of context , for your leisure read my entire text instead of jumping on someone elses bandwagon

I like that one! :rofl: I gotta say, payā€™s better for the rate while the heart is resting between the beats. :wink:

Yeah both of you ā€¦ YOU Know who im reffing too :wink:

Can you both bascially pack it in :+1: you both have different views and can not agree so let it be chappeech :green_heart::ok_hand:

14 Likes

You made a claim M&M was nerfed and made useless 2 weeks (then not exactly 2 weeks) after release. Which is false as she continued to be a top rated tank from her release - beginning of October into February. Thatā€™s a lot longer than 2-3 weeks.

Kaloā€™s nerf was expected by literally everyone. He still is one of the most widely used heroes in rush tourneys/wars.

Incorrect. Ferrantā€™s only nerf was to his counterattack and mana cut. Not stats. His states were never changed nor are they on a 5* level.

Telluria remains the same, but Vela was restored to her former self.

???

Yea, when most of them are from non-spenders who expect to keep up with the joneses while not spending. Expected nor an actual representation of anything.

Yep, misinformation.

Probably. Stock values tend to do that.

Agree with both bullets!

I would add that the previous "roster enhancements" increased grind and narrowed variety in my roster. So I find the new amplified material to lack creativity and reduce fun of utilizing my entire roster in order to continue with implementing something that has a monetary value just days after its releaseā€¦

To quote one of my favorites:

@Petri give :point_up_2: guy only 12 more likes for a nice round number!

2 Likes

Hey dude.

I plead guilty as an off-topic offender.
Will work on it! :wink: and accept my punishment!

Check out the edits there where a period is deleted. Thus circumnavigating what others foundā€¦what I imagine to be off-topic.
Or perhaps inappropriate.

Whatā€™s your thoughts on this regarding forum rules?

I keep to it that M&m is useless now after being one of most desired heroes. And I keep to it that first nerf was December already and lets say Haloween to December and be nice that is 1 to 2 month. Pulling a hero at 1 % gamble due to being amazing should be rewarding and not result in a useless hero. I keep saying this was also known to be op at release from beta and it is my whole debate that I believe this behavior is what is driving people away. Am I happy m&m was nerfed yes as it was in litterally every raid, do I believe nerf should have been neccessary no. If zynga listened to the beta testers and didnt release to bait people then no nerf was needed and there is not only 1 example of this.

Do I agree it is a good nerf once again yes for state of game but once again should never have been necessary and anyone playing game knew it is op for average. Yet released so servers same as above to bait people into buying then nerfing and this was same week or next week.

I never said his stats was nerfed. I said they released it with stats matching 5 stars then nerfed it. Once again same arguement as above . The tank stats +counter +mana reduction we all knew it is a premium 4 and why we pulled for it same arguement as above.

Honestly didnt know they restored vela will need to check. Did not see her bonus damage to fire back but will go have a look.

My arguement remains regarding telll and gew others though.

Compare Jove to Joon, Poseidon, odin, not sure what s4 yellow would be. Recent year power crept way more severe. Can you honestly tell me raiding with joon or poseidon or even raiding them does bot have severe power crept? Previous seasons never felt as bad as last.

There are many that seems to be long time players posting. And are there bias yes there is, does not change the facts that most recent reviews are negative where in past most were positive.

Yeah I agree and I understand what they are doing, just dont condone it and think that if someone was to seriously take this issue to arbitration this would be considered unethical,however noone would go that far as does not make scense to and it is why I stopped playing as of release of aethers like someone else said the aethers was my last straw but the state of game and practises is the poison for me that is something I do not want to support

My intention was to provide some insight into how gacha game companies think and what motivates them in their decision making.

I have seen some of you have posted longer replies and I will try my best to find time and answer your questions :slight_smile:

However, this ā€žbig heistā€œ narrative really tired me out.

No, nerfs are never pre planned

No, nobody releases OP (!) heroes intentional. Yes, some heroes are intended to be very strong and thatā€™s fine but it would be super dumb to intentionally release OP heroes for a cash grab then nerf them. You could do this once or twice then your game is dead.

No, itā€™s not wrong that a 6 year old hero isnā€™t meta anymore, no itā€™s not ā€žpredatoryā€œ to release new strong heroes instead of bugging the old stuff.

No, buffing all the old stuff isnā€™t a great idea. It actually kills your game. I actually witnessed this with the first company I worked for.

If you claim that heroes get outdated within two weeks because newer op heroes make them obsolete you should be able to provide at least 1 example. A hero that got nerfed obviously didnā€™t get bad because newer heroes got released.

Simply saying you provided evidence doesnā€™t actually make the statement instantly true. As much as me claiming that Iā€˜m a billionaire doesnā€™t make me a billionaire.

What I really would be interested in: If you dislike LB2 and the constant release of new heroes: What should Zynga sell to their whales in your opinion?

10 Likes

I disagree with pretty much all of the OP.

I was a big spender and still am on other games, the more EP squeezed the more I retracted.
Now Iā€™m FTP purely because I donā€™t like the way they treat their customers.

Canā€™t pay salaries on c2p? , thatā€™s not the issue , the issue is they make 200 million profit and then try to squeeze more. Thatā€™s greed.
Other games I play , they give a lot more back to the player, much more rewarding, much better value for moneyā€¦ Less greed! I donā€™t feel resentful spending on others games liked I do on EPā€¦

This game has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

They could choose to refund all resources when nerfing but they donā€™tā€¦greed! Yukā€¦

6 Likes

And the they are doing nothing wrong tires us out.

When you ignore all beta testers saying this breaks the game and releases it then nerf it after events in latest case 2 months(even if not weeks same feel) this is exactly what is happening. Feel free to view the currwnt discussion on does waterpipe deserve a nerf to see what i mean.

If stuck on 2 weeks please read up on kalo. Please tell me average to very slow is not a fundamental change. Another exqmple people got ignored.

If take month or 2 I provided more examples

Do you honestly thinking alienating your non whale player base also leads to sustainability? When there arent enough players then your wales will also leave

1 Like

She passed away a few months ago.
I disagree that conflict is on my pay scale.
I would prefer something more balanced that playerā€™s can enjoy for longer periods of time. Especially for the cost it is being leveraged at!
And donā€™t mind speaking up for folks that are getting belittled for your amusement and self-described laughs.

Much of this criticism is NOT just negative foaming at the mouth.
Thoā€¦ some of itā€¦ is that.
Even trolling those voices, only continues on and amplifies the horrible back-and-forths that no one wants to endureā€¦

Everyone is going to have a different experience. For example, in my alliance, no one really cares. There are only a few who actually spend much money on the game, so it doesnā€™t really affect most of the alliance.

My view is that the ones who are quitting are those who feel they have to keep up with the Joneses to have fun in the game and with all the power creep/LB2/etc. their patience is wearing thin.

OTOH, I can finish all the events (not the towers since they made them more difficult and pay-walled, but with an overhealer, Iā€™ll give it another go). I raid comfortably in the Diamond-tier, although I do re-roll more often. Wars are hit and miss, but heavily dependent on tiles anyway. So, all these changes donā€™t really mean much to me.

I see people complaining about how heroes are being made obsolete, but considering that my raid teams are usually a mixture of the following heroes: Rigard, cSabina, Ana-belle, Domitia, ccObakan, Arco, The Hatter, Almur, Lord Loki, Athena, Magni, Devana, Malosi, Drake Fong, cMarjana, Zagrog, and Gormek, I donā€™t have too many issues. And really, I do not have one of the latest OP heroes (heck, I think my most newest released hero is Balur). Yeah, I donā€™t have some insane win rate that others seem to have, but itā€™s enough that I can usually fill my raid chest twice in a day without using a flask.

It seems to be more of a war issue where people in higher alliances are meeting the meta defenses where this power creep becomes a concern. I would say the simple solution is just drop out of the alliance and pick something more casual, but thatā€™s me. Itā€™s not like this is Starcraft or Overwatch where there are tournaments for moneyā€¦ itā€™s just a match-3 mobile game.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear that, genuinely. I retract that pun and have edited it out.

Youre making a giant assumption here. Iā€™ve said it in the past and Iā€™ll say it again. I react to the way Iā€™m interacted with. And Iā€™ll respond to a comment the way itā€™s put up. Thatā€™s just me. And having a differing opinion that isnā€™t the same those with grievances isnā€™t for my ā€œamusementā€ and me stating ā€œfor the lolsā€ in a singular comment/thread/once is what you do very well to try to make a point by taking that singular instance and applying it across the board.

This is you doing your work again. No one here was ā€œtrollingā€ until Pillage came and made childish comment about being being paid by SG because someone else has a differing point of view/opinion. At which point you came in and threw in a typical Pompy jab. If you think everyone you donā€™tā€™ get along with is to blame, you need to reevaluate. If i cared to actually sit and find them, I could link you plenty of instances where youā€™ve taken jabs/shots at people you donā€™t agree with/get along with. Itā€™s not worth it. So, lets do everyone on the forum a favor and you back off and Iā€™ll back off and interact in a civil manner. This is for all to see.

Say the forum King of Carnage and Chaos .

Keep me out of this debacle thank you !

Actually whereā€™s that BLOCK button

Why would any block anyone here? LMAO

I get that different folks have different opinions about raids. Personally, I donā€™t like raids, and Iā€™ve liked them less over the last year or so.

But it really, really isnā€™t just about raids, itā€™s also about

• wars
  • W3K
  • tournaments
  • challenge events
  • alliance quests
  • monster island
  • tower events
  • mythic titans

and while some of those have rewards accessible regardless of ranking (challenge, tower), they are all competitive in nature, with your ranking determining your end reward (or often, ā€œrewardā€).

Not to mention non-competitive events that are nonetheless seeminglyā€¦balancedā€¦toward those with more competitive rosters (covenant, elemental quests) or re-balanced in that direction (costume chamber, even being able to complete some challenge events for some players).

Game balance affects all players, and in nearly every aspect of the game.

Itā€™s not just ā€œoh you can reroll more raids.ā€ yes I am already doing that thank you If the gameā€™s rush to chase big spenders makes smaller spenders and non-spenders feel like they canā€™t play as much of the game, either enjoyably or at all, then players will spend less, play less, or outright quit. And thatā€™s not a win for anyone.

This. There certainly appear to have been any number of heroes and game features (including, notably, LB2) that have drawn strong-to-near-unanimous negative feedback from Beta, only to be released without addressing Beta concerns, and only adjusted later with the non-explanation of ā€œmetrics.ā€

It seems disingenuous to claim that ā€œSG doesnā€™t release OP contentā€ when they have taken content to Beta, been warned in clear terms that the content is problematic, released it anyway, and then (sometimes) only ā€œrebalancedā€ the content once it has been monetized.

2 Likes