Allience war has stopped till next update. Anyone who knows what will be the changes?

Bud - not sure who you’re referring to, you should probably be more specific. If you’re referring to “well-known posters who are in top 10 alliances”, we pretty much all like AW and it’s been really fun for us. We don’t see crap one-star defense teams and the matchups are not anything to complain about since it’s all top 10 alliances facing each other.

The gist of the scoring/hero changes will be that there are no more one-hero defenses allowed and there will be a minimum amount of points per player, regardless if they throw out 5 crappy heroes or not. Matchups changes include: they will take into account number of players in each alliance and strongest heroes as well.

6 Likes

Well, there is this rule about names…course, I got response I wanted.

Now, there is something more than vague rumor.

If people have publicly said things on the forums, that is fair game to discuss. What previous rules violations were about were accusing specific people of in-game cheating or innuendo. Two different things completely.

5 Likes

Sorry. What you have here is 2+2=5.

I have been accused as a namer in a different thread.

I am not saying anything more in this thread than that people from top 50 alliances have cried about fun being lost. No names were used.

@Elpis I agree, the loot has to be tweeked way back. The war loot is too extravagant, there’s too many leaves & rocks being handed out.

Maybe winners get 1 gem.
Loosers get half a gem.

3 Likes

I must have missed said crying. Since naming and shaming are not permitted due to forum rules, we’ll chalk this up to Forum innuendo.

Seriously, what do we know?

The list of items given to the Beta testers isn’t in stone until Beta is over (and sometimes not even then)…

1 Like

Rook - are you telling me that if someone makes a post in the forum, other people cannot quote said post and discuss? I’m 97% sure that’s what Bud is talking about, not some in-game behavior he wants to report. Bud, correct me if I’m wrong on that. But I don’t believe there are any rules about quoting someone’s forum posts to discuss, considering there’s a quote function and all…

I always found the loot was a bit ‘Meh’ in AW, we won all of ours and I was MVP once and I think there was only 1 time we got accession items.

We’re nowhere near the top alliances, we’re ~ 6* titan mark.

Do loot scale the higher your Alliance score?

You can absolutely quote and discuss…right up until you get to “player So and So is bad because he/she does x”

As it has been explained to me, that’s naming and shaming. Which is why perhaps names aren’t being listed.

It’s the name coupled with judgement (which is reserved for staff, and you’ll see they don’t do that much either, if at all.)

1 Like

Going back to August 2017, you may find this interesting and useful:

i actually got an orb last alliance war & i came in 2nd in my alliance, wonder what my leader got.

sorry if off topic a bit. wat bout e ver 1.2 any idea what will be the changes?

Rook https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/u/rook Moderator
May 4

I must have missed said crying. Since naming and shaming are not permitted
due to forum rules, we’ll chalk this up to Forum innuendo.

Seriously, what do we know?

The list of items given to the Beta testers isn’t in stone until Beta is
over (and sometimes not even then)…

Visit Topic
https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/allience-war-has-stopped-till-next-update-anyone-who-knows-what-will-be-the-changes/25889/12
or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To
Bud https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/u/bud
May 3
Sorry. What you have here is 2+2=5. I have been accused as a namer in a
different thread. I am not saying anything more in this thread than that
people from top 50 alliances have cried about fun being lost. No names were
used.

Visit Topic
https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/allience-war-has-stopped-till-next-update-anyone-who-knows-what-will-be-the-changes/25889/12
or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/email/unsubscribe/ad542eb71db433dc35295e3df6e870ed9f97906a00aae54fe9358b9d0a8dc64e

I know what I HOPE some of the changes will be…

• more yummy items (don’t we always want that?) :grin:

• more uniformity in how the games are played

1 Like

What I see in beta info was related to matchmaking system, which is an improvement. Titan score have nothing to do with wars. But the big problem with wars is the purpose of them. No logs, no leaderboards, no rewards for the amount of time and work you have to do. The format is also way so boring. Make a league format or something to fight for.

7 Likes

I’ve been on the top often, or near top, and all that I ever have received since the very beginning of Alliance Wars… was farmable mats. Not once even an ascension item, or non-farmable, and non-craftable item. How is this fair? We work hard and get rewarded junk! Always! I’ve lost interest in AW, and I probably won’t be participating in Alliance Wars much anymore If any unless things changes! I can’t be bothered wasting my valuable time involving myself in non-lucrative parts of this game. I have much better things to be doing like getting fresh air and enjoying life.

3 Likes

I think they can do away with the beta testers, the public have become the new beta testers now.

I’m assuming people are seeing what they expect to see but can we have the title fixed. Certainly wouldn’t find this thread if I searched for it…

And this is really a wish that I can’t understand. And I mean that I honestly don’t understand it.
If I would want uniformity in play, I’d play chess against myself.

1 Like

Not true: The Beta testers actually test new game elements. Regular gamers do not do that.

@LarryLaffer I simply meant that the game goes forward with rules we all more or less agree to (referencing disagreement about the 1 Hero Defense).

1 Like