Alliance wars still unfair

Trophies are not used for matching. What is your complaint based on? The fact that you lose a lot of wars? Why does that mean that you are mismatched?

Do you need glasses my issue is the matching system is fatally flawed. I arent robin carusoe here many arent happy. So how about you and the developers fix up the mess you call a war system. Get back to me when you have done some constructive changes that actually match teams fairly. A clue here matches over 10k difference are a MISMATCH! I am sick and tired of you trying to justify this war system and blame the players. In the end I will start to not participate in your wars and I encourage every other player to do the same until this is fixed!

1 Like
  1. You get loot from wars, win or lose. It costs nothing but a few minutes of your time to participate in wars. So why would you not participate? Boycotting does nothing except deny your allies and the opposing alliance a good fight.

2. Trophies are not used in matching, so people who drop cups are doing so to easily fill their hero wanted chests, not manipulate war matching.

3. Alliances COULD manipulate matching by deleting second-tier heroes, weakening their bench. Personally I can’t imagine doing that.

4. It’s perfectly reasonable to flag bad matches so the devs know they have work to do. I’m puzzled about why such mismatches are occurring, given the current matching algorithm, but it might be that the opposing team had, basically, one good team but no depth, while your alliance had depth but poorer top heroes.

3 Likes

Well, we won the last AW we were in. The war started out with our alliance at 5 players and our opponents at 7 players. We had decided to post for any new members we were not participating in the war seeing that the best team we had was a bit over 2800 and our opponents lowest defense team was a bit over 3300. Do to some encouragement from a few of the forum posters we revamped how we looked at war. We were encouraged to change our alliance name, our defense tactics, etc., etc., etc.

So we did all that was suggested including posting in Alliance Description that we will be attacking. We looked at the troop levels for each hero that our opponents had, we analyzed everything we could.

We won war with a 3500+ point lead. We didn’t give up, we fought back. We may not get much for loot, we are not playing for the loot.

We have changed how we look at Alliance Wars, Titans, Raids, Revenge, teaching new players to E&P, learning what we can. The loot is free supplies earned for participation win or lose.

The Developers have done a great job on the game.

2 Likes

So here is my complaint about AW. Every team we are matched against, yes every team, is 10k to 20k points higher. In addition they have member powers over 3k, where our members are all under 3k. These wars are so far mismatched that we only defeat 2 or 3 of their members, while they defeat nearly our entire roster. We have no chance at winning. The arrows and other help make it even more impossible. I understand the way that teams are “matched” but this is not working. I don’t have an answer to solve the problem, but I do know that my members are very discouraged by the uneveness of the wars. Please do something to make the matching more even.
Thank you.

1 Like

A few minutes of something hateful for you is a very long time. Try sitting in a hot plate and staying there a minute and you get my drift. Sg is forcing me to do something I do not want. Only alternative would be leaving my friends and joining a non war alliance, or quiting the gsame, throwing away my investmnt in it. I joined this game and decided to stay based on maps, titans and friendship. And invested time and money for 8 months, then they come upmwith something I loathe and only give me the alternative to lose all I care about. I am not asking to stop wars, only that I be allowed to opt out of it. And I know I am not alone in it. Many many others want it too.

2 Likes

I tried to cheer myself up about our obvious mis-match and obvious loss, but consoling myself with the thought of a wooden sword reward. Nope, didn’t get a wooden sword :disappointed_relieved:

A mi me toca la guerra con una alianza de poder de 60k y yo solo tengo 52k asi no se gana ni de broma,y ya es la segunda vez

@Branwen

I could not have said it better myself. Thank you for putting it so well.

Now, with the changes in the war mechanism (it is more like raiding now, and not like bullsh… ) and in a new alliance that does not attach much importance to the wars, I am slowly but steadily losing my absolute hatred of the wars.

I wish for you that you can also experience relief :hugs:

I did have to leave my formerly beloved alliance, though. When everybody is enthusiastic about the wars - and you are not - and when everybody fills the chat with lines upon lines of war strategy - and that bores you to death - then that alliance is no longer a good fit.

Thankfully, I have found a wonderful new home, which is a perfect fit. For everything :hugs:

2 Likes

My team are getting dismayed at the wars are going this new match up is making it worse and with the aid we are getting no chance ,why is it not more like raids ,if it continues this way I might have to opt out the team

1 Like

It may not be FUN to lose badly, but you earn a consolation prize with no cost other than a few minutes making futile attacks. Why opt out?

In my experience, matching has been very good. I wonder if they need to rework the system for the lower power teams. If you have one player with a bunch of leveled up 5*, with the rest of the alliance with lower level teams, that could skew your average quite a bit. It’s just not exactly clear how to make matches more fair at this point. SG seems to be trying multiple systems in order to improve the experience, but it really feels like there is no perfect system and a lot of people will have a bad experience with it.

At least your alliance now has the opt out box.

That issue could easily be fixed by making the war-score a player-based score. Add aal the scores of the players in an alliance and you have the alliance score that can be used for matchmaking. If a strong player leaves, the alliance score would be lower because the strong players point are not used for your alliances score anymore.

Problem solved.

1 Like

I have been saying or a long time that I think constructing a war-score would solve most problems. Loads of people have tried to tell me what the problems would be but I could counter all of them. Still, the dev’s are continuing their chosen path which is still giving us crappy match-ups.

Why opt out? … because I play this game to have fun.
And that consolation price is more like an insult, really.

2 Likes

Until you get a hidden blade from it…not kidding.

1 Like

Language, buddy. Some folks have their kids watching them play.

1 Like

The war is still a bit f-ed up. My alliance get matched with alliances that are between 5 and 15k stronger, my members with weaker heroes is unhappy, they get to face ppl with 1 up to 2k stronger teams, and dont see how this can be fair for anyone? Shure our opponents get a easy win, but a fev of my members even talking about quit the game due they have no chanse in the wars. So i hope for a fix where they can match alliances so no one is much stronger then the other, last war we got matched with a allians with allot of 5-star heroes, and 10 of my members dont have more then 5-6 4-star heroes, this mean they have to attack way stronger teams with 3* heroes and lose the fight with maybe 2 points at best…

Talking about stuffed up what is the go with a timer on battles in Alliance wars? It gets more absurd by the update not enough that we endure mismatches and various aid features for our opponents now we have to beat a clock timer? Seriously are you lot ( Developers) taking the ■■■■? Please hear this we dont need a timer on our battles should be like raids if battle goes pass 5 minutes the damage multipler increases until theres a result of total elimination or fleeing. This has now occurred twice to myself where i had 4 n 3 heroes left n my opponent had a single healer yet i am defeated? Not only do rob the player of points ( the attacker) you rob the alliance of valuable attacks that could be used elsewhere. So i gather now the new tactic is load your defence with healers and last five minutes what a joke! This needs immediate action to fixed this absurd situation!

4 Likes

I completely agree. There should be an inactivity timer—take no moves in 60 seconds, you’re done. But if you are actively playing the boards, why time out? I’ve had two-healer teams squaring off that were grindingly slow.

2 Likes