Alliance Wars. Stars leagues and Defense teams

The alliance wars is very good feature, but also this feature has big problem: for small alliances the results of war is known right after the start.

Here are 2 examples of duels (strength):

Team A: 3399
Team B: 2737

Team A: 2417; 3501; 1946; 2566 (average value: 2607)
Team B: 2153; 1487; 2737; 2074 (average value: 2112)

There is no chance for Team B in both cases. And there is no interest for both sides, easy win is also bored as no chance to win.
I know the formula (Best 30 Heroes of each opted in Alliance member… and so on), but, seems, it doesn’t work good.
And I understand that it’s hard to find such formula to make really equal enemies.

So, I have two ideas how to do the wars interested without changing current formula of selection.

1. Create stars leagues.
Let the alliance leader choose in which league will his alliance take a part. And the players can’t use heroes, which are higher than league status.

2-stars league: only 1 and 2 stars heroes;
3-stars league: only 1, 2 and 3 stars heroes;
4-stars – the same;
and Champions League – any heroes.

And there is a space for different special tournaments. Game can offer from time to time the color battle or magical battle, and alliances, which sign up in this kind of tournament will have to use only that heroes. For example: Green month (only nature heroes) or Magic month (only druids, mages and sorcerers).
But because it’s to hard to have 30 green heroes, this special battles may have special rules, for example, 2-3 times for attack by one hero.

2. Three defense teams.
Why one hero can’t attack twice, but can defense 3 and more times?
Let each player collect 3 teams before battle, and if his first team will be defeated, the second one will appear after time-out. And only if all 3 teams will be defeated then start the circle.

In this case even one player has very strong 5 heroes, and if other team will have good luck and defeat this team, then there will be a chance to a win. Otherwise even with lucky, when you’ve spent 15 strongest heroes to one win you will again face to face with very strong enemy and now no lucky can help again.

Existing threads: