Alliance Wars -->> Share your teams, strategy & discuss

Well, I think you should really record at least a few of your war hits, especially your 4th and 5th war. It will really help players who struggle in wars. :slight_smile:

If you watched Zeroā€™s video, is like you would watch mine. I learned only from him. The difference is the roster. I wonā€™t have one as he has, not even in 10 years. First of all heā€™s p2w and I am very c2p. Thatā€™s why I always recommend to the new players to watch his videos.

2 Likes

Yes, when I started playing I used to watch all his videos. But as you said, my roster is even worse than yours because I am F2P, but yes I did learn a lot from him and very thankful for that. Anyway, thanks and all the best for war. I know you will kill it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it always the blue unicorn first?

So in a nutshell your strategy is:

1. Create an alliance
  2. Join alliance with your alt and co-leader.
  3. Beat everyone you face in alliance wars to fill the chest
  4. Kill all titans (skipping first 4* that appears)
  5. Bounce after war chest and rare titan & repeat

Iā€™m genuinely curious about the material rewards. Would you mind tracking the ascention materials you get in one cycle for comparison?

Tracking mats could be interesting, but I guess winning so many wars is rewarding by itself, even without considering the lootā€¦ you need loot to be able to win battles and by winning battles you win more lootā€¦ like a neverending spiralā€¦ but if youā€™re already winning most battles, do you really need the loot? I think in this case, loot is regarded more like a by-product of winning, not as a goalā€¦

This is probably because the rotation of the rare titans is fixed and always starts with a blue unicorn, at least from what I observed. Following is the order in which they appear - Thunder Unicorn (blue), Dragon Rooster (green), Alpha Gryphon (yellow), Queen Harpy (purple), Ancient Tiger (red).

3 Likes

Yeah, knew the order they follow was just curious if it was always blue that started the rotation

Yes, only blue Unicorn, nothing else. There is always the same; three of 3*, two of 4* and Unicorn. And only once I got the scope this year, though I beat two of them at every five weeks.

I donā€™t keep tracking rare AM; itā€™s pointless. There are a lots of them and useless for me. I donā€™t need over 30 orbs anymore, nor gloves/compasses. I get a rare AM even in the war loot, almost every time (there are some ss in this thread showing this). For me this is not important. Iā€™m chasing warchests, the best source for 4* AM and emblems at the same time. Together with an even better frequency of elemental chests, I have plenty of everything (items + emblems). I have most legendaries +10, but of the same classes I have epic +11 and all my 3* heroes +6. The only problem I have, like I mentioned above, D blades and tomes came very unbalanced.

The ugly truth is not this the reason for Iā€™m doing this. I can win 6 attacks at war in any alliance. I can get a lots of items from other sources, like 10+ titans. But the truth is I cannot work with the others, though I tried last year. I resisted no more than a month in an alliance. I am a perfectionist. I am aware the others cannot or donā€™t want to be like me, so I decided to not stress myself anymore. Fortunately, a guy like me (my actual co-leader), wanted to follow me. And now is the perfect formula for our system. Only with two accounts, the blue Unicorn cannot be reached, obviously.

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s fair :slight_smile:

I was just curious was all :slight_smile: presently I get a titan rate mat every 1.73 days based on loot tracking since January this year so was looking t compare.

Might give your strategy a whirl and see what happens

My alt account is still pretty weak for the opponents Iā€™m facing and gets hammered every war. I have only 3 maxed legendaries and I use them all in my defense. But this war is the first time when I will use a yellow hero, because I was lucky to pull Li Xiu costume. I canā€™t wait to see how the defense will do this time. I hope 3 talented rogue will prove to be a nightmare for the attacker:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t post about my wars, because they are not literally warsā€¦ Btw, I really hope for a D blade in warchest, in a week from now.

4 Likes

:open_mouth: Heā€™s gone public!! What is this?

4 Likes

Just one mistake and its public!
@Scarecrow

It is since the last tournament, when I finished on leaderboard :slight_smile: No mistake, most members already knewā€¦

P.S. Besides, some members should have known for months, because of my videos at events. I usually finish legendary first and I still appear on leaderboard in the first 2 days. Anyone could have seen my score in the beginning of the video and check the leaderboard after ā†’ šŸµ New Riddles of Wonderland Challenge Event ā€“ FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results - #117 by Scarecrow

1 Like

Last war we won easily and the chest was full. We had to winā€¦
The 2 wars before ā€œweā€ messed up.
First one: 126 more TP in average, dunno what happened, I think bad choices.
Next war then: everything was a mess. No one stuck to our plan, 3 flags remained from one of our strongest members (okay, sometimes sh* happens in real life, but he could have been the game changer - to be honest, it was lost before, so I wonā€™t blame himā€¦) - I was so angry. If that happens again, Iā€™m out of that alliance.

So the third war was an easy one to win. AND the alliance worked well, very coordinated, chose good matches and so on, a perfect war. Everything else would have been a huge disappointment.

So: if you have a plan and that plan works good, STICK TO IT!

I donā€™t remember an opponent of mine to ever succeed against me 6 of 6 attacks. But this one is 10 levels above me and I guess is here since 2017 and has a much greater roster than mine. Almost got me at individual scoresā€¦ So, warchest this Sunday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is clearing all ennemies (forcing them to repaswn) the best strategy to win for middle level alliances? Our alliance (and the one we usually fight) are those typically alliances with 3-4 members over 4000 TP, a few under 3000 TP and the majority in between.

We just won a war with a good score without clearing the whole field as we usually did. What we did was to avoid these 3-4 ā€œhard to killā€ ennemies and killed all others as much as we could.

We found out we had less wasted attacks with too few points than we trying absolutely to get down these top players and sometimes struggle.

Good and obvious strategy, indeed. The best thing to do: let the weaker teammates to defeat the weaker defenses. Your strongest teammates to defeat the strongest defenses. Therefore, reset them as soon as possible. After reset and respawning, the weaker defenses will be available again for your weaker teammates. This is for the first 12 hours. After the second part begins, wait for those weaker defenses to respawn (if you reset the enemy early in the beginning of the war, they are already on the battlefield). And repeat the operation. And now analyse what actually happened:

1. You were forced to take out their strongest defenses only twice during the war; therefore less wasted attacks and points.
  2. Your weaker teammates had a substantial contribution to alliance score.

P.S. There is no better strategy at war, for such alliances. The alliances donā€™t have to use this strategy, are only the very strong alliances (top 1-300), where the teammates are mostly even and most of these alliances actually use the opposite of this strategy ā†’ sandbagging.

1 Like

I see, thanks for the input.

Yes, we try to maximize everyoneā€™s score by targeting the most adapted enemies. But the main problem is that the weaker teammates are usually also the least connected membersā€¦ They have a reduced play time and are almost never there when the weakest enemies are available.

1 Like

The warchest on my main was almost a joke. The difference between the loot I got for victory and the warchest (therefore, 5 victories), is 1 EHT for 20 emblems.

IMG_20191201_220656

At least I got a nice one on my alt.

IMG_20191201_220824

3 Likes