Alliance Wars -->> Share your teams, strategy & discuss

Of course is different for bigger alliances. And no, I have just one alt. The 3rd member is a friend of mine, trained by me since I met him last year in an alliance and I saw something in him. Talent and determination :slight_smile:

1 Like

First war with new alliance, quite satisfied: not very coordinated attacks, but most of team flags used.

I was the only one online at the start, so I took over the weakest and kill him/her with a not much stronger team. My 2 next flags were not very succesful. I split my strongest heroes and decimated them heavily. (Damm heal)

2nd turn I had not very good teams so I focused on finishing 2 weakened opponents. And killing again the weakest enemy. I am below the average strenght of the guild.

Many low scores. Specially on 2nd round. 3349 vs 3279 was the final score. 208 points earned 195 given.

Did anyone encounter such a dumb strategy before? It is the preparation phase and they think it matters if they hide their teams. Like I would play different tomorrow :rofl: This is a nonsense and I will crush these guys in such a way, they will weep blood. Figuratively, of course.

2 Likes

Well, they’ve hidden the fact they run blue tanks and have almost 4200 TP. LOL. We crushed them in such a way, they won’t forget this beat as long as they will play this game. We won absolutely all attacks, 18/18. Didn’t succeed this since spring.

2 Likes

After 4 victories in a row in this alliance, another tough war. Much stronger opponents than us, 4300+. Oh, well… A nice challenge for the warchest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tough challenges is the way to keep the pace forward. Enjoy!

1 Like

Sorry for late reply.

In that case, when there are no “janitors” left for cleanups, I check the points available for each team.

If for example I have a war team available with TP of 3200 and there is a weakened “mop up” team worth 50 points, I know I could definitely take out that team and pocket 50 points… but there’s another team on the board with say 3400 TP worth 120 points… hmmm… I could get 70 more points if the board cooperates… even if the board doesn’t cooperate, I could still take out half the team and potentially still pocket at least 50 points… hummm…. is there Field Aid? Who is their tank? What healers do they have? Calculating, calculating, calculating… risk vs. reward. Also depends on “if I feel lucky”.

Long story short, I look at the points available. If I believe I can get more points from attacking a full team than I can from doing a cleanup, I’ll skip the cleanup and go for the full team. But it’s very situational. There are a bunch of factors I take into consideration. How many flags do we have left, am I doing mono color attacks, is the opponent doing mono tanks, is it arrows or field aid or attack boost, etc. In the end, it all comes down to maximizing points… I’ll take a risk if I think I can potentially get more points from a full team, but if I’m not feeling particularly confident with what I have vs. the opponent, I’m not above doing a cleanup myself (even though I’m my alliance’s leader and have the strongest overall war bench… points are points… I’m not above janitorial duty when the situation calls for it).

2 Likes

We did as usually when we meet such strong teams, but the opponents only 3 times they succeed 1-shot win. Not so many emblems like I had the last time, but that scope is what I needed.

1 Like

I have an AW defense question. I should have taken notice but do regular 4* healers like Sabina and Rigard have any attack capacity as part of the defense team or are they purely passive and just debuff, cleanse and heal? I really should have noticed by now, but call me an idiot. I can find no answer except a vague reference to slash attacks from early 2018. Clearly on offence they just do their advertised thing.

They have - like all other heroes on defense - the “normal” slash attacks, so (a single) healer/s could possibly kill you.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I had an idea they did as I vaguely recall Rigard counterattacking (or trying to) as one side of a perfect riposte (seeing the counter attack stat showing) and then a reference to healers having a slash attack in AW but everyone seems hell bent on talking attacks only and then most discussions here addressing defence involve 5*s which I know very little about.

Oh noooo…we lost by 69 points, because on of our members was stuck in a meeting that should have ended at 9:30 and ended over an hour later…meetings suck :smiley: now he’s really upset :confused:

I’m still proud that we have the top 5 scorers and almost everyone managed to find appropriate opponents.

So I think, next time we’ll win :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
First time we had a spy from the other alliance. Must be a very bad one when they need that kind of fun :crazy_face:

1 Like

Btw, my opponents are from Germany this war :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: All three 4200+, levels 55, 55, 56. One year more than us in this game (almost 800 days). But this is encouraging for me, also lvl 56. The players like them should have at least 70. That means are lazy. Anyhow… they will be crushed, nonetheless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have the luck the be the leader of a quite active alliance. People are motivated, and out of the 30 members, 28 participate to the war. The last two wars, we finished with 0 flags left, and the one before, with 1 flag. I can’t be happier with the participation.

However, we don’t win as much wars as I would hope - and I think we are doing things wrongs, but not sure to know what…

For most of our last wars, we have been against stronger opponents (if we just compare TP of all players on the field). 2 of our 3 last wars, we were against teams with a similar war score but who had 5000 more score in raid score. Needless to say we lost these, they were too strong for us.

Our current strategy is quite basic : we kill the weakest opponents 3 times and then reset the board for a last wave with our remaining attacks.

I know we could improve our score, because we have too much flags remains after the reset, meaning most of the opponents are quickly defeated then and people queue up to use their flags on the remaining 4000s doing very low scores.

How can you manage to reset twice? Once our stronger players used their flags, theses teams with 4000+ TP are almost invincible because we lack of strong heroes.

I know that most of our players use rainbow team, unless they do an attack just on the tank with 3-4 of the strong color.

I advised people to use more of their flags in the earlier phases before the reset, but most of them still keep too many flags for the reset (thinking all their attacks will be necessary). I don’t want to enforce people to attack, and then be blamed because we lack of power for the reset.

As a leader, you also have to deal with people schedule, and the right players are not connected when you need them during the war.

I still try to teach people to manage their teams to use more flags earlier. I think there are more points to gain from an opponent with 3500 TP in the midlle of the war, than having to attack a team with 4000 TP at the end because there is no other target.

This. Your alliance cannot expect to win if your teammates attack rainbow. This is an obsolete strategy which is viable no more. Advise your teammates to go 3-2. Tell them to watch videos on YouTube (I recommend Zero’s videos). They will learn how it works eventually. Regarding the second reset, always you can divide the attackers. In tank busters and cleaners. Many mid alliances use this strategy.

2 Likes

I improved great thank to this color stacking advise. Not only in AW but also in raids. But a poweful and wide bench with all the attacking needs covered is also mandatory. I still feel that I can make 4 balamced teams, but the other 2 are made from scraps.

I am now in the 3rd brand of an alliance. We have won all wars since I am in and most of them were thanks to use most of our flags.

Excited to the upcoming war because is against another spanish guild.

Last year I was in a similar situation. I had 3-4 strong attacks. But with those unlevelled heroes I used to be a tank buster. To ease the job for a teammate. Leaderboard in AW is meaningless. Only working together as a team an alliance may succeed. I saw a thread few days ago. One member was speaking of this. He was looking for an idea as the tank busters to not feel unappreciated. Because they are the true heroes in AW, not the upper side of leaderboard :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OMFG…we are behind, I hope we can change that.

But…spy, okay, mentioned that…and 'till now they rearranged the war board at least for 3 times. I know the reason behind, but for me that’s only…silly. I hope our next opponents don’t behave so childish… :roll_eyes:
Another case of “get a life” :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought I could work off my anger about making the lantern for my child, but I lost my match and was angrier than before, lol…

They set 3 different colours for tanks (Kage, Delilah and Elena), so I won 6/6 too easy with my main, having 3 heroes of tank’s opposite colour at each attack. This is why unique tanks colour strategy is so important.

1 Like