Alliance wars Player amounts vs Ascension items?

have you watched the video and read this thread. It may help understand the wars better

1 Like

Thanks peanutz. Appreciate it. Whatever I can do to prep for this is a big help.

If you are in a top alliance as a newer player then you may struggle a little more but as far as i have seen the individual performance does not get better loot. if your alliance wins you all get the same loot

Not so much concerned about the loot I’m sure it will be hit or miss like usual, just want to do my alliance proud we are so close to reaching the top 100 I don’t want to be the weak link, so iv been researching everywhere I can find and asking all the questions I can in hopes of understanding the best I can.

Let’s try to remember that the 30 hero use is probably to give people a good reason to keep leveling (and playing and grinding and spending) once they get a core team of 5-8 good heroes. That was a commonly felt theme among long-time players, and a long-term issue that needed and likely will still need to be addressed further in the future, of “why should I keep grinding and playing and leveling when I have a core of 5-8 strong level 80 heroes”. This type of content gives the game much more longevity (though content for the medium to longer term player is what will keep this game going strong).

6 Likes

That in itself is doing right by your alliance. Personnel growth is all your alliance hopefully asks of you.

1 Like

In beta testing I mixed and matched my teams a LOT between 3, 4 and 5* based on target and trying, in most cases, to field a . Always had at least on healer, sometimes two. Just remember a 3/60 4* with a maxed special is still pretty hefty.

2 Likes

This.

I know literally nobody in game had 30 maxed heroes when AW landed, I don’t even think Chaosphere did as the longest player I’m personally aware of in game.

I spent the last month and change leveling 4*'s to 3/60 and I’m closing in on having 30 heroes of that level or better… probably will make it before AW lands on live, though I got sidetracked by Guin and now Goremek of all things.

Anyway unless the match making is horrendously stupid it really should be fine; the design will appeal to everyone from the new player to the high end and they are going to slow roll it out on live apparently which is probably smart for a number of different reasons, and as Dante does correctly state it bandaids the hero stagnation issue.

Between AW, S2, and if SG finally institutes 11-15* titans, I suspect we’ll be fine for another six or more months from a progression and features standpoint while they work on whatever their next trick is.

2 Likes

I’m hopeful to have 24/30 at either 2/60 (5*) or 3/60 4* and above - I may not make it with a few 4* but they should be well into their 3rd ascension. I have enough 3/50 3* I think to fill it in around those folks.

All depends on when we get the rollout, I guess. We aren’t top 100 so who knows.

1 Like

Hah well top 100 is apparently getting it this week so I may not make 30 heroes either :slight_smile:

1 Like

It surely has given me pause on those duplicate 4*. I am leveling a 2nd Boldtusk (well, I was, before I got Gormek), and now hold a duplicate LJ, Kiril, Sabina, Sonya and Scarlett in my roster. I had a 3rd Kiril but fed him to Grimm. That seemed excessive (to have 3 :))

1 Like

No doubt; I’m not expecting to pull much the next two months and I haven’t run any TC20 yet, but like you I’m already looking at choice 4* dupes to level.

I’m literally out of blue 4*'s to level for example though Boril got fed away; actually that’s true on my alt as well. When I take a hard look at my heroes I’m pretty lackluster in most of the colors for war and that’s even having had the last month to level: red’s really the only color where I’m swimming in useful 4*'s, everywhere else some dupes are likely appropriate.

On the plus side I have a bunch of some of the 3* rare ascension mats (helps being on 10*'s for an absurdly long time in that regard at least) so I can get that fixed up hopefully fairly quickly with TC19; beta helped a lot having a slew of 5* 4/80’s dropped on us for testing, too bad that doesn’t carry over to live haha.

1 Like

I of course with elementary chests like this I do not have that problem, I will level my heroes thanks to these covers … I hope that the irony is understood, it is pathetic that with what it costs to get an elementary chest give me this, tremendous face of foolish I stay…

The nerfing of these chests is a sore spot for even the most supportive of us.

1 Like