Alliance Wars "OPT OUT" button needed

I think an opt out switch, button, flag or whatever is needed so a player can opt out of AW.
It’s not good enough to simply say “just ignore it”

Because by ignoring it , you become a burden on the Team.

Your Team is matched against other teams during the matching process, but a percentage of players who will not be participating are still included in the matching process even though they will be doing NOTHING.

While the rest of the Team struggles to win, discussing & maneuvering, the non players become easy pickings for the Enemy team, scoring over and over causing high score losses for there own team.
They will also not be participating in additional combat to acquire extra points which could make all the difference.

If you can opt out prior to matching process then you can not be matched along with your non participants.

For all my fans out there… this is not a sook.
I am genuinely proposing an update possibility to make this aspect of the game more functional.

Oh… not to forget that revenge bar with the arrows!..GET RID OF IT.

*note there is a new revenge bar poll, link below.
NO MORE ARROWS PLEEEAAAAS!

7 Likes

I don’t think there should be an opt out button. Although I can understand that some players don’t like war, this would not be beneficial because YOU WILL STILL CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR ALLIANCE LOSING. Your alliance would then have less members and they will be weaker. Although I can understand that people would like to remain in alliance for Titan hits and loot I think those who do not want to partake in war can temporarily leave their alliance till the wars are over.

Another problem with the opt-out button would be that a scenario can be created where you can filter through alliances…if one looks to powerful you can simply opt out and wait for the next war to try and see if a weaker team is available to attack, thus ensuring that you always win.

We had a few guys in our alliances who did not want to partake in the war due to various reasons…they did initially and they all had the same response IT WAS FUN.

SG can definitely improve the loot…but I am happy with Alliance Wars at this point.

2 Likes

Ratface,
I get where you’re coming from but if I’m fighting trying to score 10 - 20 points for my team and then you see a non participant lose 60 - 70 points. It would drive you crazy.
Then you jump in using your extra flags only to see the non participant’s flags wasted because they are not playing. Just doesn’t really function to well.

If they leave the alliance, your team gets weaker, if they stay your team gets weaker again.

If they opt out, then their team power is not included in the match up.

2 Likes

Opt out button is very simple and makes perfect sense. I see absolutely no downside to this for alliance and it makes a member happy. Hopefully enough to continue the game and support his team in Titan fights.

4 Likes

yes but if someone from the outside don’t join your war you will not take 30 members to war…you will end up with lets say 22 members vs 30 members from the opponent which isn’t good either. Which then mean they have 8 x 6 = 48 attacks more than your alliance…that’s a lot of points.

2 Likes

I think what he’s saying is calculate the matchup after players have decided whether to opt in or out.
Thus, if 8 people decide not to take part the alliance will be matched up against another in a similar position.

6 Likes

As much as I dislike a lot of things the Developers have done to this game…
I don’t think they have put their brains in a jar mounted on a bookshelf.

Some suggestions from the player base like this one, could solve a lot of problems.
We may not have the solution as players, but they are the Devs with the know how, if they sit down & scratch their heads over it , I’m sure they’ll come up with a working solution.

1 Like

That’s exactly right.

1 Like

Okay here is the problem…what if players leave after the match up? There has to be another match up and that in turn may pose a logistical or technical problem.

How many match ups must there be for people to be happy once again… we are matched with 28 members. have a look at the opposing alliance…" damn they seem strong" then you let a member leave…now its 27 vs 28 so there is another automated match up…then with the other match up you view the opposing alliance which are 27 vs 27 …they look weaker and now you accept…

will say once again it will open up a way to filter opponents for easier targets.

1 Like

I think the point is that the match is only made after the prep time. So you get prep against “no one”. People set up their defense and opt out if they want. Then when the war starts you get matched and attacking starts immediately.
Or you have to decide if you want to opt out before the prep begins. If the prep begins and you have not checked the box that says “opt out of AW”, then you are in and you cannot chance that (or your opponent) until the war ends.

Edit: so either option does not make it possible to “reroll” your opponent by abusing the suggested opt out method.

6 Likes

That’s right EvilSmoothie,
You have to have switched the opt in or out button before anything takes place.
After it begins it’s too late, business as usual.

1 Like

Good idea! This subject has already been addressed here

4 Likes

Thanks AnjaValkyrie, Taking a look at it now.

2 Likes

There is already opt-out, don’t set your defense team. If you also want to have no impact on matching, drop cups to zero.

I don’t think you can lose any points, but anyway, it’s up to you and your tactic. If they have very strong team, that is almost never attacked, it’s better to keep them in. If they are among the weakest, you can either tell them to remove their defense team or use just lvl 1 Aife(4 points per kill).

2 Likes

Thanks AnjaValkrie, I read the post & it makes sense as well.
It does put pressure on those alliance members who have been getting along happily for a long time.
No need for a civil war within an alliance. Those who want to fight will be matched with an equal squad weather that be 10 - 15 or more.

3 Likes

All a level 1 Aife will be doing is eating a lot of arrows.

2 Likes

IF they don’t wish to partake they don’t have to setup defence and will be remove from the field thus not losing any points

2 Likes

Yes OptimusChan, But their Team power was included in the match up sequence, thus making the Enemy more powerful to begin with.

5 Likes

I had war yesterday, my alliance was match up with a stronger team. They had more cups then us with 27 members then we did with 30. They had 1800 more then us initially. I also had member leave that dropped us to 3000 cups behind and had 3 member not fight, or fielded a team… the only reason we were match was we had a really high titan score but at the end of the day with strategy and persistance we won by 60 points

4 Likes

@EvilSmoothie - matching after the prep time needs to happen regardless of this issue. That would fix the teams intentionally leaving members out to merc until after the matching and those that have more than one alliance switching people after matching to create an imbalance. I haven’t seen it yet, but many people are super-pissed about this already. It would be way easier to just match at start time after prep, and anyone that hasn’t set a defense team doesn’t get counted. No need for an opt-out button or any graphical change, which could be time consuming.

7 Likes