Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

@thundaluvin - In addition to what @AndyBSG and @Kerridoc have said, you might also try a different approach on your posting style. All caps and !!! does you no favors to get you noticed by the devs.

Also, using the return key to break up your post into bullet points/numbers makes it much easier to read. You may get better feedback as other users will read through the entire post (I know I had to stop reading…). :slightly_smiling_face:

AW was not meant to be part of the game? I while heartedly disagree with this statement. We don’t have wars by accident. It was because the feature was planned. The term I think you’re searching for is evolution. AW are part of the evolution of the game.

That statement is like saying events or HOTM were not meant to be part of the game. Evolution!

If it is planned then why are there so much problems with matching . This game have been around more than 12 months. Don’t you think AW biggest problem should have been sorted.

I actually don’t think there are a lot of problems with matching. The algorithm isn’t down yet, but I haven’t experienced much issues. Recently, we’ve been in close wars and our record since the war chest tracker is 4-3 (23 points).

I agree. It’s very hard to read all caps. First thing you learn in speechwriting, all caps takes your brain longer to decifer.

I too had to stop reading the post.

Well I do not find all cap difficult to read, but my thought is that , for top alliances using 30 heroes of each players in match making might be straight forward and easy , because most of the top alliances have their heroes pretty alike and are leveled up alike.

But for middle and lower alliances , where several heroes are yet to be fully leveled up, arbitrarily using just their best 30 heroes would be a problem, if the heroes level status were not taken into consideration. Imagine having a mix of 4* and 5* all at average 1/40 and match against average 3/60.

The bulk of the mismatch and complaints thereof are coming from middle and lower level alliances. I played within this class and often compare at least the defense heroes of both opponents , this disparity is much, irrespective of flag usage .

This is what SG should consider.

The level status of each 30 heroes should be taken into consideration in alliace match making.

I’m not sure what you mean here. They look at the power of the hero, which takes into account their level. Top 30 + more weight added to top 6. There are other things they look at as well, like past performance, best troops, number of team members opted in, etc. But Hero level is taken into account.

Well if it is taken into account then I didnt see it trully reflect on what I could see in the last 4 wars or so with my Alliance. Although my analysis may not be comprehensive but it accounted for a good estimate.

In the last war we had only 2 players with all their defense heroes fully leveled against opponent 5 players with all their defense heroes fully level this is comparing players whose team powers are 3k+.

I may not have visibility of their attack team or their bench , but I could easily tell because at the end of the first round the two top teams from my alliace as mentioned , were totally vanquished , whereas even at the end of second round , 3 of those opponents top teams as counted were sitting there , no one in our alliance could muster enough team to attack not counting those who scored zero in attempts .

I hope this explains what I mean , I know as you mentioned other factors were taken into consideration like troops etc, in terms of troop , yes we were fairly matched but surely not in terms of heroes.

Yeah, we know a lot of the inputs to their formula, but we don’t know how it is constructed, including the weighting of the different elements.

Something like past performance might very well be weighted high in general, with even more emphasis on the most recent results. And if so, then the more recently you have won multiple times, the better the odds to face someone much stronger than you. Not saying this is true, just saying we don’t know…

Idea. Sum The total power of your top 30 heros. Sum for all alliance members. Find an alliance that matches.

Thanks @mhalttu for the:

1. War points as asked
  2. War matchmaking timer as asked

Cant wait to see:
The other changes in action … job welldone!

I’m still trying to figure out this war matching…and yeah I know what the devs say iare the criteria for matching, but I am failing to see how today’s match up where our opponent’s lowest defense is 3200 and we have 10 players with defenses below 3000. I honestly do not understand how this match up is even remotely fair.

1 Like

Once again I did my pre-war exercise of studying what our opponent uses in their profile to defend their stronghold (their healers). Again, on paper, they’re overall team powers look strong (but with few healers, and even fewer as tanks). Three teams have ALBRICH and our alliance has quite a few lower teams.

Much to my surprise, only one team fielded their ALBRICH and one team of 3300 only fielded a team of 2300.

We are currently ahead so we’ll see what happens.

What is the difference in your war scores @Chuck ?

I don’t care what these numbers are…there is no way this is a fair match up…probably just pulled these numbers out of their ■■■. Our group is pleasure dungeon…

Its dang almost identical … ?

@mhalttu

Personally thanks from me.

I made 3 suggestions and all three were implemented in the War. Thanks for listening to silly old me, I am sure I speak on behalf of many when I say the below adages are awesome:

1. War matchup points to show that its closer than what cup counts and Titan scores reflect
  2. Timer to indicate when prep starts
  3. Remaining war flags/energy

If I may put something out there that will also enhance war stats even further.

Add Average per flag achieved.

Currently and since forever we and Im sure many others take the score and devide it by the used war flags to give us an average per flag. This way you always have a metric that indicates leading or being behind. This will be a great add.

Peace and million thanks again for above 3 changes.

1 Like

</start sarcasm>What?! That would make the majority of information on my spreadsheet obsolete.</end sarcasm>

This would be amazing to have :smile:

1 Like

I don’t care if the magical SG formula is almost identical or not…10 defenses below 3000 vs al teams 3200 defense or above is just ■■■■■■■■…but that’s ok, as long as the top 100 alliances are happy that is all SG gives a crap about