Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

My Allance would enjoy the competition of Wars, if teams were matched fairly. Our low level members hate the stress, because they have no one to attack without dying immediately. Maybe suspending the wars, until you can find a solution, might aide you in retaining players.

1 Like

So I didn’t want to bug anyone, but after a few weeks of good wars, we got really (and I mean, really) outmatched.

This is not a complaint, this is a post in order to help the Devs to improve their matchmaking.

So, this is us:

This is them:

They have a trophy differential of +5,670 on us, and their Titan Score Differential is +4,410, meaning they have an Alliance Score of +10,080 over us.

Top 5 players in our alliance and their current defense team in wars:

Average of 3245.8

Top 5 players in their alliance and their current defense team in wars:

Average of 3528.6

Bottom 5 players in War in our alliance

Average of 1750.6

Bottom 5 players in War in their alliance

Average of 1947.4

So, using trophies (not reliable, I know) as a measure, we have an almost 300 TP disadvantage in our top 5 against their top 5, and almost 200 TP disadvantage in our bottom 5 against theirs.

Again, I’m not using this to complain, just to help the devs, here represented by @mhalttu and @Petri, in order for them to give us fairer matchmakings. I’ll come back with infos on the next wars as well, even if we’re correctly matched. Maybe that’ll help as well.

1 Like

Thats The same here many don’t want to play the war like this hope it’s get’s better

Ask me please… were ballance is this? ))

1 Like

Idea…match the monster alliances so many of us are being matched against with each other. Match alliances of what looks like more “our” level with each other. BOOM…problem solved. On to finishing Season 2 before 50% of your paying customers find another game that knows how to develop a working system.

1 Like

Translated (Spanish): This would be for all the wars I do now in the next we could, fight and I already take the opportunity to complain about the pairings because we always have much stronger opponents and above that they receive more points than us, for example us defeating a team with a power of more than three thousand they give us 180 points and to us to defeat one of them who has less than three thousand give them more, I do not understand.

Maybe if the pairings were more equal people would not want to leave the wars.

@mhalttu @Petri

Alliance name: Seven Titans Departed. How is it that we are continually matched against overpowered Russian alliances? The results of our current war will be horrid, as individual members are sitting their defense out as protest.

For the last, we had more participation and were still trounced. Please check whatever grouping you have us in and take us out of it. Random matching would have much, much less focus on Russian alliances than our run of losses has shown. Thank you.

1 Like

We get Russians a lot. I thought it just meant there were a lot of Russian alliances playing (we’ve only had one duplicate in 30+ wars)…

1 Like

Been reading up this forum for a while and this alliance wars Matchmaking have always been a hot topic with many unhappy players.
So I decided to share my thoughts and hope that it will not offend anyone.

1. Many players been complaining been complaining and complaining for unfair pairing. But frankly speaking, this is a MMORPG and how to have a perfect pairing for every single alliances while there are so many considering factors.
    A) Rarity of Heores and usability of heroes. If they match fully trained Guardian Kong same as Ares or Elkanen 7 points difference with Alberich. The points system is bound to fail. But my point is: this is MMORPG and everyone is picking up different heroes along the path. It is really very tough to have perfect matching.
    B) Final results varies by a few hundreds to me is really fair. This can be due to bad luck on war boards or missing teammates or some random players just anyhow throw away their flags. If there are players that want the results to be always within 200points or less, does the devs need to control the boards that they give you during the wars to be identical for both side?
    C) Troops differences taken into consideration?
    D) Depth of each alliance teammates being used correctly?

Before I carry on, I must say that I am not siding SG or devs that they are doing a good job for the AW nor I am someone that is benefiting from this matchmaking system. I am pretty sure that I had lost about 10 consecutive past AW so please do not take me as siding SG. I just hope that the players can be more forgiving, give more constructive ideas and wait for devs to figure it out.

Of course at the same time, I am feeling sorry for my alliance and other alliances that were thrashed by opponents by over 1000/2000 or more points if devs are not able to do anything about it real soon.

__

Next, just a side track to the devs.
Why bother trying to make the AW to be most compatible opponents while it is actually so difficult?

If I can propose, just be clear and decisive on how you want to pair the AW.
Example:

1. Top 5~10 heroes/troops for each members.
  2. Alliance total trophies.
  3. Win / Loss Counter
    That’s it. Give a CLEAR POINTS INDICATION on the above by adding it into clan info/description and let the alliance know roughly what range of opponent they will be expecting.

Then do additional bonus for each range of trophies range.
Alliance with trophies range
70000: 1 additional Epic Hero summon token
60000: 1 additional Epic Troop summon token
50000: 1 additional Titan Flask
40000: 1 additional World Energy Flask
30000: 1 additional Raid Flask
<20000: 1 additional Sliver Summon Token

So if alliances want good freebies and move their trophies points high, stop complaining being bashed up.
If alliances want to purposely drop their trophies and be a bully at the lower tier. Let it be.
They will enjoy lesser freebies and raid chests.

Then to balance the frustration issue, all alliances have its own wins/losses counter.
Prioritize and within is own bracket of trophies range
Pair those that keep winning against each other.
Let the strong meet the stronger.
I am sure those alliance that keeps winning would like to find some challenges in AW.

Pair those that keep losing against each other.
So your opponent will be weaker and weaker and eventually will have a chance of winning after many losses.
And alliance will know that they are not suitable in that bracket?

Of course the above additional bonus prize structure etc or pairing system are just the surface thought and many things are be fine tune or adjusted.

Lastly, if the devs are not going to change anything.
I remember I read before an article saying that when devs change and take into consideration the 30 best heroes of each members destroyed the balance of the war.
I totally agree with this!

This is because many F2P players spend great effort to build up their depths to contribute to their alliances hoping to perform better. But when all heroes power were taken into consideration, it boost the alliance points by a lot and often being over paired.

What is the use of having 4* heroes depth while most of the opponent defenses are over 3900 team power while we know that 4* fully trained is only about 3400points and only varies by a bit for the troops as F2P players will not having level 23 troops.

Does Devs took into consideration that troops can be reuse 6times and all level 23 troops can be such a deciding factors as compared to all only level 5-11 troops?

If devs are going to take into accounts of all 30heroes, then maybe they should let each players have 6 line up of their defenses?
Maybe MUCH lesser regen time.
ONCE FIRST TEAM of defense is down,
2nd line up will appear after spawn time?
Follow by 3rd line up if being eliminate again?

At least all weaker players stand a chance against stronger opponent when top tier players took out their first line of defense.

Have input multiple suggestions and not saying all should be merge into one. It’s a string of suggestion and options that I think might helps the gameplay.

Please feel free to add on comments and hope that devs are reading too…

Thanks all.

4 Likes

I agree there no incentive for the teams in alliance’s to participate only a few bones thrown at us , winners deserve a winners prize! , but not just for the top player for the whole winning alliance as the war is team effort, give us an incentive to take part please developer as we are your bread and butter , I know this as I have invested quite a few quid in this game. I hope the developer gets to read this though maybe wasted breath

1 Like

So I’ve been playing this game for over a year and enjoy it. I’m thankful for the new missions/events/and even the alliance wars. However, the alliance wars are comically broken. The current system is just an extreme over/under trade off. We face 3 alliances in a row that are so far beyond our members it’s not at all worth participating. And the fact that they get counter attacks/heals just doubles down on their dominance. After we forefit 3 wars because there is literally no other options, we face off against 2 alliances that are so underpowered that it feels wrong going against them. The counter attack/heal is completely ineffective for them. Right now it just feels like the wars were thrown in as an afterthought, and the only publically visible attempt to even things out a little (counter attacks) has done the complete opposite. It’s become a frustration that no one in my alliance enjoys.

Sorry if this has already been discused, but after 40 minutes of loading 10 posts at a time trying to get to the bottom of the thread, I just gave up.

4 Likes

Translation (Dutch): How does it work? Does every team get support in the war? Otherwise it is not fair.

Translation (Dutch): The defendings teams get the support. So the enemy when you stike and you if the enemy strike.

My main problem with aw is that it is super sensitive for player count.

Suppose one player alliance with top notch 5 star team. Vs 30 player alliance with top notch 5 stars.

In this extreme case the 30p team will get 2000 points for each kill getting a theoretical max score of 6flags * 30players * 2000 points = 360.000 points.

The one player alliance can only score around 66 points per attack, giving him a theoretical max score of around 396.

Obviously this is much exaggerated but even a one player difference already results in a 7% ofsett in scoring potential for the bigger team (30 vs 29 players).

At the moment there is no correction in points for player count in relation to scoring potential. For a fair match the scoring potential should be at least equal.

1 Like

Currently there is some sort of numbers matching going on - I think it’s plus or minus 3 or 4 players or no match. This still breaks down with two or three against just one though.

Is possible to make different tiers of war while keeping the actual Matchmaking system based on player’s n° and team power? Maybe adding the option near the Opt Out button.
For Beginners the MM should only count the power of the best 5 for each player.

Target:
to give a full war experience even to low level or casual alliances. (and stop complains)

Tier Rules:
by changing the kind of war you want to play your war defensive will be removed and you will have to set it again, following the tier’s level cap. The tier prevent heroes and troops over the stated star level to be setted in attacking and defending teams.

Tiers levels:

• Beginners:
    • You will only get matched with alliances who have selected Beginners tier
    • Your heroes will be able to attack again in the same war
    • <= 2 :star: Heroes
    • = 1 :star: Troops
  • Rare:
    • You will only get matched with alliances who have selected Rare tier
    • <= 3 :star: Heroes
    • <= 2 :star: Troops
  • Epic
    • You will only get matched with alliances who have selected Epic tier
    • <= 4 :star: Heroes
    • <= 3 :star: Troops
  • Legendary
    • You will only get matched with alliances who have selected Legendary tier
    • <= 5 :star: Heroes
    • <= 4 :star: Troops
4 Likes

Hello. This is 7 wars we lose because our opponents are much stronger so we boycott our first war. We made an effort and we fought to help the developers to collect good data. But it’s good, nothing changes and wars are no longer fun. However thanks to them for the anti war button. Best regards

1 Like

Hii there,
You’r right wars are unfair. In the last war we will be 21 memebrs against 25. Obviously it’s a mismatch. In my alliance after a point we started seen wars as a good way to practice. If we win, that’s great. If not, well no big deal. Rewards anyway are not that rewarding. Enjoy the game!

1 Like

Please, don’t change anything! We win every war. What we need is war points like trophy or titan points :smirk::+1:

21 vs 25 should never happen because the max gap they have coded is 3. but even 3 is a lot often times, although we won wars 27 vs 29 already but with 100% participation

1 Like