Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

Kayo, I don’t know what you wrote. I wasn’t going to read a book plus last time all did was address one thing that had nothing to do with my complaint which is why is their defense teams so much stronger than my alliance how that already gives them the advantage in the war. Please can someone else comment

TLDR: you and your alliance aren’t very good.

We offer help in the forum, but is too long for you to read. Thus, your “unfair” cycle will always continue.

You don’t want to improve, you want to complain.

Good luck.

Your not trying to help, all you want is to criticize. I remember what u wrote last time that my alliance just may suck how is that constructive help? When we are matched against people with higher power defense it takes 2 of our war energy to beat one person where they only need one war energy to beat one of our teams. I’m not here to complain but address an issue that a lot of people have in this game

1 Like

We have lost NINE TIMES IN A ROW and yet we still getting matched with opponents whose war defense team about 100-200 point higher than us on average, their number of players whose defense are above 3000 is twice than ours. In the last war, they have 3 team above 3600 while our highest team is only 3400.

I really want to know the formula of war score.

Look,

Mismatches do happen. Not as often as they did before but still they do.

Now to know if you have a mismatch or not it is not sufficent to look at numbers only because there are that many numbers that you dont see.

Kayo gave you a few examples of that.

I have no idea how good your alliance is at war and if you had a mismatch or not.

It seems their defence teams were a lot better than yours through all alliance membrs.

Thats bad news but does not guarantee them the win.

If they also have deeper benches than you, play a good war strategy and have enough participation then it will become a mismatch.

I dont know how flag use is in your alliance, how able in combat your members are and how good your strategy is.

As an alliance leader of an not to competitive alliance I can tell you the following.

If someone has a team on the battlefield and does not use a flag and delivers no excuse and explenation, he/she will be booted.

Menbers should use all flags even if their last 3 teams consist of unleveled 2* heroes.
Failing this to often will lead to a warning and can be a reason to be booted.
Of course real life comes before war so we have a certain tolerance there.

We try to have the same tank color in the whole alliance.
Because I have many newer players that is not always possible.

We ask the higher level players to attack every target only once so the weaker players have argets to.

We have about 12 members active in war right now and many of them are quite new.
Then we have me alone at the top.
This is not the best alliance composition so we have our hopless wars from time to time. I did a lot better when I was a single player alliance. :smile:

But over all the last 6 wars were pretty close ( with one exception ) and we won 50 % of them.

1 Like

I love math, I want to see those numbers.

Until you can look at the benches and troops of your opponents ( even your alliance ) you wont. :smile:

Even if I can spy on them…

I once opt out from war to see how much point my team contribute, I know the full composition of my best heroes, bench heroes, and troops. But don’t know the formula…

And until you can see more matches you won’t know if your claim is true about less mismatches, happening now.

In fact one might suggest that a system that allows the types of mismatches displayed in this thread is excessive.

Especially if you are expecting people to believe that this is the results after countless attempts at a fix.

My mismatch this war, is what I wouid call unacceptable, by even a stretch of the imagination…

In fact I’d fire or hire different staff, if this was the results I was handed after numerous attempts.

The flaw is identifiable, and can be corrected within a far better margin.

@Jrock143
@yelnats_24

WAYS TO WIN WAR:

1. Use all flags (all of them)!

2. All players should have 30 leveled 4*/5* heroes in a variety of colors, types. Use what you have; level it to make it stronger.

3. Use mono-color tanks. Test and find the color that suits you best; what is your collective best defense?

4. Use high (4*/5*) defense teams that compliment your tanks.

5. Know your strength! High level players should one-shot other high teams. Mid-range teams can kill tanks. Clean-up can sweep the rest.

6. Know how to fight an opponent team! (Raid is good training!)

7. Use appropriate attacks vs the war specials:

• Arrows
  • Atk boost
  • Field aid (health)
  1. KEEP LEVELING HEROES BETWEEN WARS!!!

You can do all this and still lose, but you will lose less if you fight your heart out knowledgeably and keep practicing, getting better and better at war.

2 Likes

Good insight @rook and always nice to see a positive reply in this sometimes depressing thread!

Like rook said raid is a great way to practice. If your bench is not completely leveled, you can practice mixing and matching your 3-60 with some fully ascended to see how they work together. Punching up in weight class raiding has Heelped me with war big time.

Used to despise wars but with time, practice and more heroes. It is now my favorite part! Hang in there.

1 Like

After the last updated, the war matching are worse. How it is possible that in three wars (including the one right now), the opponent alliance have more than 10 players over 4000 power and we have only 1. Something is wrong, not?

2 Likes

Thank you for tips I really appreciate someone actually like u who is trying to help compare to someone that just thinks they are smarter than everyone and over thinks the situation. I know how to win battles or I wouldn’t have over 2000 trophies and I’m always usually in top 3 attackers in wars, […] over thought it and didn’t understand the point…the alliance that we go against will have an advantage cause the way the war is set up with field aids the defense team already has an edge so when their defense teams are a lot stronger than u add the field aid they will have the upper hand but what […] also missed is how come my alliance isn’t getting that time for time where we are facing an alliance that has weaker defenses power points. Again I know how to battle for example I have beat 3100 team with my 2800 team and so on. I get all that but that doesn’t always work depending on tiles and what hero’s they have. Again just want it to be even playing field

[edited by Rook]

1 Like

Guys, since update 18.0.0 you can leave your alliance and your war chest is not going to reset until you fight for another alliance. My question is, can i leave my alliance during the war and come back and still be able to fight in that same war?

This is a little off- topic for this thread. However:

I’m 95% certain the answer is yes. There’s a thread in the last week where someone describes leaving during the 24 hours prior to battle starting, then coming back and being able to still participate. I don’t know if this has changed in the very latest rev though.

I wouldn’t recommend trying it, but if someone already dropped and is now wanting to come back, they’ll probably be ok.

ETA: I have no idea if joining another alliance after dropping changes the answer at all. I really wouldn’t recommend trying that.

Hey Rook,

I noted I am not good enough for your alliance. ( TP smaller 3500 ) :smile:

Luckyly we win our wars even though nobody has a maxed 5* yet. :smile: :smile:

Looks like you are advancing well in the world of E&P.

Good luck and keep going.

1 Like

A few points:

• BOTH sides get field aid or arrows or boost. Neither is advantaged over the other in this regard.

• Improvise, overcome, and adapt. You fight the best war you can. At the end, analyze what you did. Did you use all flags? Wisely? Were you defeated by the boards (chance/luck), or inexperience/bad choices?

If the first, rejoice whether you won or lost! You are getting stronger! (No one can defeat a bad board, though you can learn to play better against one.)

And at the end, be sure to encourage your teammates. No one likes losing. Under the old algorithm, we lost 23 times in a row, so I feel your pain. The important thing is to be positive, keep trying, and improve your War game. Maybe take some collective time off War if you are getting too dispirited. The TEAM is the important thing.

5 Likes

I know both sides get the field aid, my point was when u are the attacker it’s hard enough beating a stronger opponent plus the field aid. Right now for example they have a 3800 defense opponent team member and our strongest is 3400, if I attack 3800 opponent with my 3400 team im already at a disadvantage now throw in the field aid the 3800 opponent gets in the field aid well than it just becomes almost unfair. Now on the flip side if my opponent attacks my 3400 team even with my field aid they probably are going to win regardless of me getting the field aid. I don’t know how much more I can make that clear that is not an even playing field

2 Likes

Perhaps its better to say that you feel it is too hard than that it’s not an even playing field. The semantics undermine your complaint. Fairness is an important standard in games like this. In this case, fairness is hopefully achieved by applying the same rules to everyone. Of course fairness is also a nebulous concept so there’s plenty of room for disagreement here.

All that said, a big element missing from your argument is that the field aid is in fact intended to BALANCE the playing field between attack and defense. In an average raid/war hit, the attacking team has a huge advantage. This advantage has been outlined in the numerous raid threads, but the main crux of it is that the attacker gets to use their skill (team selection, special coordination, tile targeting) and the defense gets a relatively clunky AI. The higher your skill level, the larger your advantage.

It is certainly true that if you have a much weaker attacking team going against a strong defense, that advantage is largely (or entirely) wiped out. But isn’t that how it should be? Would a level playing field allow for frequent wins by much weaker teams? I would posit that that would be less fair (again, room for disagreement).

The key thing to keep in mind is that your attacking advantage grows with each game skill you add/improve. So take the suggestions in the thread and try to apply them. Keep the mindset that the rules are the rules and that you can always improve how you operate within them. You WILL improve over time. I hope you will find that gratifying and that the frustration will lessen.

Edit: @Rook This may have veered off topic. Sorry.

3 Likes

Ok somehow people are reading the last comment and not seeing how the conversation started in the 1st place. My complaint isn’t about the field aid. Sheesh. It’s about frequently getting matched against a stronger alliance. The field aid was just a point about the overall picture. I give up I don’t even care that much to keep trying to explain myself