Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

You should definitely be able to do at least one reset, even if you have fairly low bench depth across the alliance. This is a strategy and tactics question. Use one or two weak 3/2, 4/1 or 5/0 color stacked teams to kill an opposing tank, then use your strong team to clean up what’s left. Even if it takes you two flags on average to kill the tank, plus 2 flags to kill the remaining heroes, that will leave you with a full reset and 2 flags in hand per player.

You should be able to get at least 2 kills on each of the weaker enemy teams, then at least one full reset, if you coordinate your attacks like this. This is why I say that actual bench depth and flag use are so important. The deeper your benches, the fewer flags per kill you’ll need.

First, I really appreciate your making an argument from the underlying math of the game! That’s a smart way to try to get at what’s happening. And the equation you’re looking at is still the best we have (although there appears to have been some linerazation of the damage curve at the high end a few updates back).

I would say, though, that the scaling you’re talking about is true but misleading. The engagement isn’t symmetric, since the defense is run by the computer and doesn’t use tiles. And the AI is bad. Game-wide, attackers have about a 70% win rate against equal cups defenders.

But the real killer is that you can color stack, allowing you to aggregate your attack stats. If you take a rainbow team against a defense, then having comparatively low dmg output is going to hurt. But you should, at a minimum, be color stacking 2/2/1 or 3/2 if you’re taking on a stronger team. Most tanks die within the first 6 tiles if you stack against them. The aggregate attack stats of the color-stacked attackers are just overwhelming vs the tank’s defense and health.

I’ll refer you to this excellent post by Kerridoc on the subject. My hope is you’ll find it interesting and useful :slight_smile:

CP Calculation

2 Likes

Flag usage was about the same for both alliances. No alliance caused a reset. Both alliances had great issues killing the 3.3k+ so that is why it is freshly highlighted for me and possibly biased atleast. I personally use various element stacking and do suggest it to my alliance regularly. You have given me a lot of food for thought and thank you for the post on CP. I will totally digest it.

1 Like

I am an ftp player for about 10 month and have a good dozen maxed 4* available and no 5* over 2/60.
My best team strength is around 3450.

I am leading an alliance with 21 members and of these 14 participate in war.

Although we lost the last war by 44 points I was very happy because we did reset our opponents for the first time. In the end our 4 weakest players ( TS under 2000 ) had together 6 flags left.
The opponent had 11 flags left.

Their top 3 players had a defense strength of 3570, 3540 and 3480.

I one shoted all 3 of them.
My nr.2 had a bad board against their 3 and I wanted to break the tank but got lucky and one shoted.

From what I see of your numbers you had a more or less even fight at your hands.
You should have been able to reset them once but that depends on play style in your alliance.

How did your war turn out ?

This is exactly what I was pointing at above, asking if they had tried a match to the show defense only, and see how the games play out, across an entire match.

O think it clearly shows what will play out of the entire games, as those teams showing have the most influence in the score, as they repeatedly roll over.

While much of what you’re pointing to is true and can clearly stand up given a level playing field…

Things in war are not linear.
As we know only damage above shields is seen as actual damage to the hero.
This makes shield arguably the most important attribute, when facing a team of 5.
As the shield # is fixed at a minimum per hero.

As we see, once multipliers are added, again only damage above is seen.
So arguably defense boost is also the most valuable skill in relation to damage, across a team of 5.

Now we go into a real war, where an advantage is seen in power.
Say I pull from my 3* pool, who offers the best defensive boost? Nobody…
The defense team now also sees far better offense multiplayer, as all damage runs far above, the individual hero defensive shield…suddenly the offensive multiplayer hits at 100% success, up from whatever the % would be in an even match, such as in raids.

You see that defense buff increase in access/availability as hero level rises.
Not available at 3*
2 available in the 4*?
I’m not sure about in the 5* or the newest characters.

But truly the point is. In a mismatch, it’s inherent in every player, ascross the entire team, for the entire match… as it’s part of their fixed attribute, in relation to the multipliers.
They don’t even need the skill, it’s embedded in the mismatch.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say here. Are you saying you think the defense stat actually directly subtracts from the damage done? If that’s what you’re trying to say, that’s not actually how the damage equation works.

You can also tell intuitively that it doesn’t work that way, because if it did, you’d never do any damage taking a rainbow team against a stronger opponent. But every actual hit always does damage, even if it isn’t much damage.

I don’t fully understand your post either with regards to defence shields but you do raise a valid point that the specials of heroes do dramatically improve as you go up the star rank. There are some exceptions but I can agree there. I don’t know if the power of a special is calculated in terms of card power or how they balance it but it does add to my theory that lower levels will have a tougher time translating an advantage to higher power teams.

The specials’ percentages increase with special level, up to their maximum at 8/8. This is why 5* healers and debuffer are so useful even at 3/70. They generally have a full strength special long before their stats mature.

The damage output of specials scales via the damage equation, through the attack stat. But the card power reflects this scaling increase. In general, the damage output goes up pretty slowly as a 5* hero levels. They get much better as they go through their last level.

Card power is only a so-so measure of capability of heroes not at max ascension, and even at max ascension, there are some weaknesses. Way up thread here, you’ll find some ideas for ways to improve this.

I’m not saying it is a direct + -… Yet the post you pointed to, is exactly what I’m saying happens, in that, it’s the direct # damage is tossed against…

Clearly the equation shows it to be higher damage than a straight + -, so it’s actually higher, that what you originally thought I was saying. As you see the 1.3 multiplier…
Which is actually the post I would have directed you to as well. So you could see the advantage at work.

Yes true but the advantage is also seen early on the 5* across the board, as the offense set sees a higher start health pool. See as that heal is delivered by % of total… They too see an early maturation in most situations, at the 3-70.

The attributes climb rate is also heath point heavy.

I’m not sure how to reconcile this statement with this one:

What is “damage above shields?” Why is only “damage above shields” seen as actual damage to the hero?

1 Like

Hi! At the last wars, we had stronger opponents than we, we defeated some of them, some not. But now the disproportion is huge, although the score is equal - 272k. We are 26 (Legiunea-IX), they are 29 (Gunners Norway). The strongest team we have is below 3700. They have 8 teams over 3700, 6 of which are over 3900. We have 2 players with a level over 40, they have 11 players with a level over 40. In general, a player with level over 40 has at least 3 teams with 3000+ power. What strategy can we have, than to pray for them to have a bad puzzel !!! :joy::joy::joy:

I know it’s frustrating when you have a problem you’re trying to get help for, but posting the same issue to multiple threads isn’t the right way to go about getting help.

@Rook, @Kerridoc, @Coppersky, this is a duplicate of this thread

1 Like

War maching stop work

The match was jammed. 2 hours we are in the process of matching. What are we supposed to do ?

@rock can you help us ?

I think you want @Rook, but there’s nothing that the moderators are going to be able to do, since they’re just players like we are.

If you haven’t done so yet, I’d recommend you submit a support ticket through the online support ticket system. That’s almost assuredly the fastest way to get help.

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Thank You bery much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Merged. :slight_smile:

1 Like

War back . We don’t need help any more . Thank you :))

1 Like