Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

Matching system seems to be corrupted anyway. 2 wars ago we had a top 30 alliance to fight with ours being like 300th. We lost by nearly 2000 points. Next time our opponents were far weaker and we won by over 1000 points. This time again we had a very strong opponent and lost by over 1200 points with no chance to turn the tide. None of these wars was fun. Either because of a sure loss or a sure win result which is evident from the start (I have immense experience as I’ve participated in every war since they started and can tell the odds well enough from after the preparation phase ends).
Wars are no fun any more. They are even more dumb and stupid considering the loot one gets for either winning or losing

This is exactly right…it’s all out of whack. Our previous two matches we had to face two top-10 alliances in a row and were crushed by 800 points and 1,000 points respectively. Then this past war we were paired against an opponent who gave a really good fight, but had hardly any Guin tanks…we won by 560 points. Before this new matchmaking system, pretty much all of our wars were within a couple hundred points…our best war being won by 1 point with under 15 seconds left on the clock!

we were defeated by serious differences in recent wars

as 1000 and 800.

pairing CAN BE LIKE TITAN ?

your winning opponent gets stronger

the opponent weakens when he loses

As I complained a lot about the previous matchmaking, as we were loosing every war, I have to put a few words about the new one.

1. Using the individual opt-out, we have wars with the same number of players and all of them participate
  2. The matching is quite fair, we won 3 wars and lost one, every time for a good reason
  3. The last one was “unfair” their defense teams were 10.000 over us (4 level 50+ and we have 1). I hope that this is the consequence of the ELO system and that the next ones will be better
  4. We have seen a few alliances with 2* teams at the beginning of the preparation time becoming 5* in the few mn after, that does not seem to have any impact (I will not give the nationality but it is always the same :grin:)

VCZ

This war posted was supposed to be better after 4 straight losses, yet we were not just close, some players had given up on participating ,
Check the war chest , the first 5 point was before the update , after the update it has been sequential 5 straight losses , if SG have a way to check Dominion Elders past 5 matching since the update , please do.

If the comparison for matching were done using 30 best heroes and troops of each player in both alliances , then the comparison is flawed in a way, because on physical check, opponents have cummulatively much more higher numbers of well leveled , 4* & 5*, example in the previous war we had total 7 average lvl2 5* heroes compared to the opponent’s 15 fully level 5* heroes in their defense, not mentioning the 4*.

I supposed the matching should be at most either +/-2 or worst case +/- 4 in might , capacity and capability. But it’s not, the range is like +/-10 most cases.

I was on the other end this week. We beat a team by nearly 1000. Our alliance score (since people like to refer to this even though it’s not in the matchmaking) was 125k to theirs 121k. The difference? We used 180/180 flags and they did not. Their average hit was higher than ours. I can easily see someone from that team complaining in here that we were too tough (not saying they are). Rather, I’d say there’s more to the story. I’m happy with status quo personllay.

So it’s only fair to update that I was wrong, and we did not lose, we won by a hair (2789-2746) due to flags used.

I continue to be impressed with the closeness of matches we have had since the last update.

2 Likes

@ElectroStalin, your comments are a real head scrather. Our last war…

Purely overpowered, not sure why. We won 4 in a row before, oh well. Here’s an obligatory couple pics of beating a 3900 team with a 2800 team.

Gameplay huh? I’m not even the best player in our alliance.

Whatever the reason was we were out matched this round, oh well, whatever. We’ll give it another shot tomorrow.

2 Likes

Are you guys really hopping they will fix this matchmaking one day? Personally I don’t. This wars are here for a long time enough to fine tune things.They definitely didn’t have a clue to make that working. This feature have a lot of potential but for that we need good devs. So ,forget about that

We’ve had 5 opponents in a row now where their strength have been between 9 to 12k more than ours. Our alliance has around 65k points. We lost all 5 with several 100 points, even though we fight rather well. I would get it if the difference decreased for each loss, but it doesn’t.
Even more boring is that the current opponent, we also met 2 wars ago. This war match making must start working soon or we will loose players getting bored of an unintelligent game algorithm.

So you lost against alliances which had between 10 - 20 % more alliance score.
Which unfortunately says absolutely nothing about the relative strength of the 2 alliances.

You lost with several hundred points.
This is still an interesting match that could have gone both ways.

Please dont take it personal but on what do you base your statement that you fought rather well ?

Information that would be helpfull.

Not used flags at the end of the war from both sides.

Defense Team strength. Unfortunately only an unprecise measurement of the true strength but better than nothing.

Participating number of players on both sides.

Did you / they use a certain strategy ?

Good luck with yor next war.

I want to say “touch wood” but I agree that since the last update our matches have been more evenly balanced.

One of our players was incensed that his beloved Gravemaker appeared weakened (the adjustment the devs made in power score). Now we thank him for each good match up for the “blood sacrifice of Gravemaker to the game gods” that allows us better war games.

Our last opponent was surely thinking they were outmatched by us when they lost, but we won because our defense strategy was excellent while theirs was non-existent. I studied in advance the teams they used to protect their stronghold (granted they could field different teams but that is rarely the case I’ve found). They had multiple teams with NO healers at all.

Sure enough, those teams were fielded and it was a healing war. I almost felt sorry for them :yum:

I don’t know how we’ll do in this current war (we are ahead by 400 points so far), but I did the same exercise before the start of the war and found they had 9 teams with NO healers, 9 teams with 1 healer (not in tank position) and the remaining teams with either 1 healer as tank or two healers at most.

Sure enough, those teams are currently sitting on the field!

1 Like

So you’re saying using healers is a good idea? :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

I gave the the wars the nickname “HEALER WARS” a long time ago :wink:

Last war I had an opponent with four healers and Elena as tank. Three flags, three wipes and I gave up shooting fish in a barrel. Both were alliances of one member and I’d completely crushed the other player already.

sigh of Course you got stuck on the Only subjective info I gave.
Sorry for being subjective.
All our latest opponents have had all players active in the war, so have we. But Why is the matching so wrong to start with? Opponents have had several def trams with power 3500 or more. Our strongest is about 3000. Several of their players is on lvl 35-45, our highest are at lvl 30. If alliance points have nothing to do with war matching why is it Always around 10k higher than ours? It could as well be WE that have 10k more…but it has not happened yet. And why do we meet THE SAME OPPONENT as we did 2 wars ago when there should be thousands to choose from. Nothing seems right in this and if Im wrong please explain EXACTLY how war matching i done. Thanks

2 days of war , this match up so close its unreal , never been more than a 200 point split , most of time about 50 between the alliances … gonna go to the last hr , i suspect we will lose if they use full depth as timers show they are more active than we are.

Well I guess that’s what we all want. Tight and exciting war games. Obviously hard for dev team to get i right through the whole line of alliances though

im hopefull the new ladder system will work , for some it may take time . Prior to the changes our outfit lost every single war after the first code tinkering… even when ranked 5500 we got matched with crystal pallace(2) then ranked 3.
since the change ,
lost one very close war , won a couple easily & prob will lose this by a whisker , or win by a whisker.
yes some will still lose but i suspect the frequency for many has already changed as the game levels people into closer matches

Let us give to Cesar what is Cesar. I expressed my dissatisfaction during the month of August 2018 regarding matchmaching. So today, I congratulate the devellopeurs for this new matchmaching. That does not mean that now we win all our wars. (2 won and 2 lost). But our opponents are equal in power, teams and depths. Which makes the wars fun and thrilling.

1 Like