Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

This is what I wrote to the Finns.
We had about 10 victories in a row, and now only defeats. Because your system gives opponents much stronger than us.
For some stupid rule, she considers an alliance with
4 teams above 4000 and 12 teams below 3800
equal to alliance with
17 teams above 4000 and 3 teams below 3800.

Do you think that 17 is about the same as 4, and 12 is the same as 3 !?
And it’s not necessary to explain that the selection takes three hours, about its advantages …
Schoolboy 3 class for a second will see the differences

I do not want to fight and fill the chest of war for three months because I have been attacked by opponents with whom I will obviously lose.
Set your alliance against mine and as long as your defense team

1. consist of the strongest heroes
  2. The average strength of teams is 200 points lower than mine.

I will easily win you. How easy it is to win me, because it is much stronger.

I am now in a different alliance. In today’s war, they have given an adversary who has an average command strength 150 higher than ours. In particular, he has 13 teams with a power above 3600, and we have 2. A stupid and dishonest selection system continues to work …

1 Like

At the expense of experience, skill, organization, you can beat opponents of a team whose average is 50-70 stronger. But when the difference is 150-250 points, it is unreal. And your ••• system of selection of opponents can not understand this. More precisely not the system, but those who developed it.

[edited by Rook]

1 Like

How comes I have beaten an alliance which had 9000 Team strength to my 6000 and whos top ( only) team was 300 points stronger than my strongest team ?

1 Like

we were winning before the new update it seems as though the matchups became fairer for some and unfair for others, why would so many people be complaining in here if each alliances matchups became fair? a topic would never have been created, and there wouldnt be 1771 messeges in here, arent i correct?

I think I just flagged your post by accident. My apologies if I did.

not to respond to an old post but losing by 200 is basically 1.1 point per flag difference (assuming 180 flags used). that’s not a huge loss or mismatch.

1 Like

How do you expect to get match making correct when you give a team such a strong advantage as healing aid it only benefits the team with the strongest healer’s the other two aids aren’t bad but field aid I don’t know who thought that was a great idea but it was far from it so you get a miss match to start then you said hey let’s make it an even bigger mismatch

AW still isn’t fun. And based on the loot thread, it’s still not worth it.

1 Like

The satisfaction of winning against another alliance makes him worth the “effort” to me.

This thread began when they changed the matchmaking to match hero powers without adjusting the hero powers. There have been one hundred posts or so since the new update. Half of those new posts either love the update or are trying to explain it.

2 Likes

So - as long as you win, everything is fine? Doesn’t matter what the matches for others look like?
Well, before the recent change, my alliance was losing most wars, due to uneven (note that I do not say unfair) matchmaking. It is better now. Will probably even still improve. So please don’t contradict me - this is MY reality.

4 Likes

I believe @SirDestroyer is a part of a very vocal minority as I have only seen about a half dozen people post this problem, a few of those in the same alliance and all that have this problem miss the fact they won nearly every war until the new change. I feel his pain, but if the changes are good for everyone as a whole which it seems they are then those that are facing other former faceroll victory alliances it’s time for them to face the music.

It perplexes me, the most common problem I see is just not understanding how the game works. Every day I raid diamond players that have a red tank and blue flank or green tank with red flank and it makes me wonder why on Earth would they set that defense. People replace max 4 stars with 3 50 5 stars because the power rating is higher. People set war defenses with no healers. Any of those actions contribute to losing wars and raids.

A much better strategy would be to ask some people for advice through line, discord or either to possibly visit their alliance for a while to help with strategy, team placement and timing. Being an effective team is about working together and teamwork.

And of course there are endless threads with immensely valuable information here written by such great players as NPKY, members of 7dd and members of crystal palace. War strategy and raid defense are easy to learn once you understand all the mechanics behind them and there are plenty of people willing to use their valuable time to help others improve their performance in this game.

4 Likes

Gosh sometimes reading through this is brutal. I am happy with the direction they are going and also happy they have seen the mismatch issues and are continuing to refine and improve it.

Those who won most in 10 to 15 wars before update, don’t use the 3 war sample size since to say it’s broken!! Give it some time and realize the last update hardly revamped the system, slight team power adjustments and of course adding the alliance record as a new variable.

I know it was said after the first war that it may be dialed down a bit. @mhalttu can you tell us how far back the War record metric looked when the update happened. Also wondered if it is say 10 wars if that is revolving such as each new war result knocks off the earliest? Hope that made sense. Thank you for all your continued efforts

1 Like

I think that those who came up with new wrong and dishonest rules for choosing opponents in a war do not play this game themselves. Otherwise they did not appoint a boxer weighing 60 kg of an opponent weighing 90 on the grounds that the light boxer used to win often and the heavy one often lost.

Have you red any of my posts? Before the update we were like a baby boxing with Mike Tyson in his hey day. Now we are getting fair matches even when it looks uneven. I can definitely feel the roster depth being considered now.

1 Like

Just sit back and wait.
After your timer runs to 00;00 the other alliance will be there to battle.

Good luck in your fight!

The problem is that there are 21 of them in the alliance and they are all active, and 12 of us went to war. And now we don’t know what to do.

You can’t know up front how many have opted out of the war. Maybe they only have 9 people in the field when war starts maybe 15 will be there.
There is no way you can know this before war starts.

Only thing you can do is put in the best defence teams you all have and attack opponents that you can kill. If not possible to kill, try to kill tank in 1 team and let other players from your alliance kill rest of team.
Use all your flags (72 in your case) and see what this will bring.

It’s a certainty that a number of the opposing alliances teams have opted out of war. The matching algorithm will allow a maximum of 3 teams difference, so if you have 12 teams participating in the war, your opponent will have between 9 and 15. So a minimum of 6 of them will have opted out.

A difference of 3 is still going to be really significant against 12, so hopefully your opponent will also have 12 participating, or very close to it… best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the explanation. I will try to take a screenshot when the field Wars is filled.

2 Likes