Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

Ok, we find the clue: the match team is chosen accordig to the team score? Because our enemies always got our score (+/-). This explain why we find so strong enemies: our enemies got 2k more than our total hero Point. So we are always weaker than them and for us it’s impossible to win.
I don’t want to complain, I’m only telling that maybe this new upgrade is not Very efficient.

Final update

According to the sheer amount of QQ since the last update we didn’t have a chance and shouldn’t have even tried but alas numbers aren’t everything it was a close match.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity……how does a fair matching sytem according to you work ?

A lot of people seem to forget the win/loss ratio might even out by 50/50 at a certain point in your ( your alliances ) career when you stop improving.

Meanwhile if you win you will be paired against a stronger team and if you are good enough and progress fast enough you might loose some but you will still win the majority of your fights.

When you dont progress/improve anymore you will be paired against alliances on the way up or the way down the ladder and you can expect a 50/50 win loss ratio since you are now in a certain strength class, for example 2. league, 1. league, national league…whatever.

When you start geting better again you will rise and win the majority of your fights again and on so until you are at the top where you will win most of your fights until someone comes around who is better than you.

So keep playing and progressing as good/fast as you can/want and you will find your place on the ladder.

Hopefully one day in the future it is the top spot.

Good luck

Elayanith

4 Likes

No the matchup takes into account top 30 heroes of each Player ( opted in for the war ) weigthing top 5 a little more.
Plus top troop of every color.
Number of opted in members.
Plus win/loss ratio. ( weighting unknown )

After producing an alliance strength number you will be matched with another alliance of a similar number.

I have fought wars with 6000 against 9000 team score and won.

So keep playing, improve your teams, learn as much as much as possible from the “free” training until the system has adjusted itself and your team finds ist place on the ladder.

Best of luck.

Elayanith

1 Like

No there is nothing wrong here.

The Finns try to improve wars as fast and good as possible.

If you want to stop AW do that but it might be better to opt out for a couple of wars and then come back.

Of course if you had a long winning streak before the changes you will still be paired up since the system does not forget. :wink:

If you had a balanced win/loss ratio the parings should be better because the System needs some time to adjust.

Best of luck to you

Elayanith

1 Like

Read back through my posts to see what I call fair. This matchmaking like telling Duke Basketball that they win too much so they need to play the New England Patriots in football.

What this comes down to is that SG has invented an artificial 50% win rate for all of us. That’s not fun.

Have you played any other video games before with a matchmaking system? If so, can you give an example of a video game with fair matchmaking where the vast majority of players don’t have a 50% win rate?

@KingArchur I think the maddening thing here is that the game pairs you against teams who have different tools at their disposal…better tools. In almost every multiplayer game I’ve played, you have access to all the same weapons, equipment, tools, resources as your opponent. In this game, when you get paired up, they have access to heroes your alliance doesn’t have…at least in that quantity.

Agreed. But those tools are impossible to rate accurately, so matchmaking based on any kind of numbers (e.g. hero power) will never be very fair. As can be observed in this thread and based on stats the devs gathered, without taking into account war performance, matchmaking for a huge number of alliances was extremely lopsided.

2 Likes

very true elias, this past war we went up against an alliance that had a team power almost 20k above our team power, thats totally unfair, and im in protest now, my alliance is opting out of wars until the matchups are resolved.

Look back at my screenshots, they outmatched us by farther than 20k lol. Check it out.

Seems like bench depth has finally been properly weighted.

1 Like

well the matchups are done by taking each teams 30 top heroes including epics and legendaries, but i and only one other member have 30+ heroes, so how is the matchup being done? it doest make sense to me not one bit.

What is your alliance name and who was your opponents? Can you provide screenshots please?

sure i can hold on a few minutes

Screenshot_20181007-224253

at the start of the war we were at 42k and they were at 61k, and im the guinea pigs alliance

they have 3 members that have 3k+ and some of there 2k members have heroes that i would be skepitical of attacking

so if u ever go up against them watch out, hope your alliance has at least 3 teams that are 3k+

Do this war seems a good matchmaking? Why fight to win if the game will force you to loose. We expect good fights with similar alliances so we can fight to have a better result than 50/50. The last 2 wars were totally unbalanced. One was too weak and this was too strong. No fun. @petri

we lost 3 in a row so my alliance is opting out of the wars until something is done differently with the match making.

1 Like

so what do you think?