Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

Originally matchups were based on alliance scores including cups and titans and that was even more unfair.

2 Likes

War score? Alliance score? Titan score? (I don’t want to assume here…)

5 Likes

This isnt a fair fight only our war score are in the same range look at the rest

It is the only one it matters…

5 Likes

Why do you Think have Way more trophees than us because they have better heroes better means higher level heroes and higher level members the same is the Titan scores

The war scores for both teams are 31,277 and 31,209.

It is correct:

3 Likes

Yes because they list alot of wars and we won more wars than Them not because their members are on the same level as us.
If you put 2-3 lower level and 12 higher level than most of us who Will win
You tell me. Like the winner already chosen

Please read the matchmaking list posted above. That is what matchmaking is based on, per SG.

EDIT: Wins/Losses currently goes back 20 wars, per SG, though this is subject to change.

I Think its ok to get us one who jas the same war scores but they are Way stronger than us.
Look at the members level

I guess he/she is referring their warscore doesn’t reflect the reality, since he/she said won “more wars”. Therefore their warscore is bigger than it should be (the eternal issue with those stupid additional points for victory). And if the opponents are a new alliance, you can imagine… He/she is right; is not war, is extermination. I know what I’m talking about, because I speak from my own experience, but with me on the other side. I am curious to see the level of his/her opponents. If they are 12 level higher like he/she says, then is obvious the opponents have much stronger rosters, being in the game for longer… Anyway, this is what I understood from his/her “english” :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is possible for a war matchup to work like this:

Team A and Team B are matched. Team A has won the last three wars, moving up in rankings and Team B has lost the last three wars, moving down. You may be right, saying Team B is traditionally stronger than your alliance, but you have fought your way up to their level (and they have lost their way down to yours).

The matchup is fair. Just like facing a stronger titan here and there. Your alliance may not like it—or be able to beat it—but it is your scores that have gained you that titan (or alliance) to fight.

7 Likes

You are right hope my team get the necessary ascending materials so that we Can beat stronger team :muscle::muscle::muscle::grin::grin:
Thanks Rook

1 Like

Not all alliances use all flags and a “weaker” alliance that does will often beat a “stronger” alliance that doesn’t.

3 Likes

My take is that matching works even at the one on one level.

So, i’m a one man band and my last matchup I was outclassed on war score by 6.7% and the opponents defence team was more than 10% superior just shy of 3800 points compared to my best attack of ~3500. I would have conceded defeat there and then as I could see no way around a seemingly insurmountable issue and it took me 6 flags to defeat him twice, whereas he flipped me once with one attack then almost again with the next two and despite opening a hole where my tank and flank was, just gave up and conceded defeat. The difference is that I can field more than 8 teams (six, colour stacked) albeit with lower strength and he had just 3.
Now, what I don’t understand is why a level 38 has no 3 star teams and can only field 3 attack teams. They are worthless as food as you lose so much invested resources.
Clearly a lot comes down to how you play your enemy and I have found that calculating to use at least 2 flags per flip allows me to target just the tank and a flank on the first and use a lesser team to finish of the wings and remaining flank. This last war was the most powerful defense I’ve yet been up against but I was still victorious and Russians are not generally quitters.

3 Likes

They also almost certainly have some that are not participating in the war since they have more members than you. War score takes that into account; trophy score and titan score do not.

3 Likes

A bit old, but there was some fracturing and restructuring of a few alliances with starting from scratch. It takes 5-10 wars before matchmaking finds a challenging opponent for an alliance averaging 15 maxxed 5* a player.

1 Like

Great War matchup. Scored 10 points with my best team, zero points with 4 teams. That’s even worse than the horrible raid matchups. Wish I could delete my account, as this game has become ridiculous.

Sure, it’s the game’s fault you scored 0 points with 4 attacks :man_facepalming:

P.S. You don’t have to delete the account. Just leave the current alliance and uninstall the game.

5 Likes

I swear, this is like reading my alliance chat literally every war :rofl:

4 Likes

What is your alliance name? I’m curious to see the problem with the war matchup…

1 Like