Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

The differences between us are really surprising. For us the titan matching is definitively better than the 30 best teams. We loosed that one but because they played more than us, the matching itself was fair.
If I was able to explain why ! :slight_smile:

Ummm, I actually contribute plenty to my alliance…just cause I don’t like it doesn’t mean I don’t contribute, but thank you for assuming just cause I don’t like AW I’m not doing my part in my group…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

@Chuck

I can understand you very well indeed.

As a matter of fact, I left my - formerly beloved - alliance two weeks ago and joined another alliance. A very nice alliance where I am very happy. Happy and content, and evetything fits like a hand in a glove. :slight_smile:

Sometimes one has to take a decision if one is no longer happy. It is your life, your time, your happiness. That is what is most important. No use clinging to something that makes you unhappy.

If you wish, you can drop me a note in line. ID anja2017. I think that your problem with AW may be similar to the one which I had, and which was making me so unhappy that I was ready to quit the game. There is a solution. I found mine. Thankfully. Let us talk if you wish.

2 Likes

Enough said

• Titan Score
  • Total number of players
  • Top 5 Hero scores
  • Top 30 Hero scores

In addition to these previous methods of matchmaking (some of which may be retained), player Grizz of Freekshow suggested this supplemental idea:

A tier system taking into account players’ levels, so that newbies wouldn’t get slaughtered by more experienced ones.

The suggested (arbitrary) division was at lvl 25. Below this line, the game would match by the full 30 heroes. Above the line, it would match by top five heroes only.

What do you think?

1 Like

this is specifically a corner case scenario - you have a newly formed alliance with some veteran players whose titan score is WAAAAAY lower than what it will be in 2-3 weeks. That’s one of the areas that using titan score breaks down very badly.

1 Like

So far since the AW changes were made originally we have been horribly matched. We are pretty strong in wars but haven’t stood a chance. Our alliance has never even made it into the top 100 and that’s all we are being matched with, defense teams that are far higher than our own. I do hope this is fixed soon as it does take the fun out of the wars.

This one looks like it was a good fight - only a little over 500 points difference.

This was an odd war result for us.
The Titan score was an exact match and from looking at their def teams it should of been a good close fight.
The odd part of it was that most of our players had excellent boards even managing 1 hit clears down to their 4th teams. This resulted in a very unbalanced result with us resetting their teams twice.
They fought to the very end and didn’t give up which shows great team spirit and hopefully they see this

t

As can be seen the resulting score difference was large but I am putting this up so it can be used for data and no other reason

1 Like

…and every one else in your alliance has a rocket launcher I can see. 5 members of my alliance are fighting with plastic Halloween props.

Our war was very well balanced this time. We won, but was pretty close.

That‘s a war, we love to battle. Was fun for everyone and like a good thriller in the movies.

Wars are like a box of chocolates… We never know what we’re going to get!

You don’t get chocolate from a box of chocolate??

2 Likes

Forrest Gump… :grin::wink::blush::roll_eyes::sunglasses:

1 Like

Done playing game and spending moneybon game until you fix this bs. Current war matching. Please explain how it the world we are suspose to win or even put up a fight. Fourth straight war where we were beat as soon as match was set
Iineups: 4000-4100 teampower them 1 us 0, 3800-3900 them 1us 0, 3500-3600 them 2 us 0, 3400-3500 them 2 us 4, 3300-3400 them 3 us 3, 3200-3300 them 3 us 0, 3100-3200 them 4 us 2, 3000-3100 them 3 us 1, 2900-3000 them 4 us 3, 2800-2900 them 1 us 3, 2700-2800 them 1 us 1, 2600-2700 them 0 us 3, 2500-2600 them 1 us 0, 2400-2500 them 0 us 2, 2200-2300 them 1 us 1, 2100-2200 them 0 us 4, 1900-2000 them 0 us 1, 1500-1600 them 0 us 1

2 Likes

Wow talk about bs. we are so overmatched in every way in this war again. well at least we had a fair opponent last time. what happened to only fighting against alliances with even number of players? ive lost 3 players so far over this. This is just taking the fun outta the game. suspend wars till you get it right because having our butts handed to us twice a week is getting very old.

2 Likes

If we all stop fighting then they won’t have the data they need to fix it. We are also way overpowered this war but we’ll fight, do our best and give the devs more data in which to hopefully get it sorted out.

3 Likes

It should have been pretty obvious before they released Alliance Wars it had a flawed matchup system. Please don’t defend this level of incompetence, it hurts gaming if you let devs throw dung at the wall hoping it sticks.

4 Likes

Well we are going to get slaughtered this time based on Titan score and Avg. Player Level:

Trophy Count	Titan Score	Avg Level

HaxoAka -------52180 --------------49397 -------------------33.76
Us ---------------44823 ---------------45811 -------------------30.10

1 Like

I was told that someone from the game wanted people to post mismatches out here, and there are plenty posted, is anyone even reading them? As for my team, once again, we are mismatched. That’s 17 wars in a row, or however many wars there have been. If it’s 17 wars, then the odds of being the underdog 17 times in a row are 131,072 to 1. And yet here we are yet again. The enemy’s Alliance Score is 13,019 higher than ours. Their average level is 4.08 points higher than our average level. I can almost predict how much we will lose by. We are losing team members because they just can’t take it any more. What good is writing this? Who is reading it? Why isn’t something being done about it?

I see others out here who are mismatched way worse than my team, but it all comes out to the same thing, going into a competition where you know you are going to lose before the competition even starts. Where’s the fun in that?

Just wondering, our alliance is thinking about pulling all of our teams off the field, what happens then? I mean, we’re going to lose anyway, so why not?

5 Likes