Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

What alliance are you in?

There are many experienced players that join struggling alliances either directly or through an Alt. Account to help those that are having difficulties with game play and don’t know how to beat stronger players.

Perhaps someone could join yours to coach your team through their inexperience.

Another option would be for you or a teammate to temporarily join an experienced alliance, pick up some tips, and return home with their newfound education.

Ok, but you were quoted as previously saying this:

“I do not understand how in wars and raids we can lose badly to people that have 200 to 400 less power points than your team. It’s not fair it happens too often. It’s like u have to have 500 point higher to have a chance makes no sense. I just fought some one that had 2805 against my team of 3195 and was only able to kill 3 guys??”

If you’re matched up with people higher, it’s not fair. If you’re matched up with people lower, it’s not fair. When do you accept responsibility for User Error?

1 Like

Kayo no idea why u still write to me. I never complained about getting lower opponents. Learn how to read correctly than come talk to me

Here’s the actual quote he’s citing, and it was from you, although it was a little while ago:

Many people are able, fairly reliably, to beat a team 300-500 pts stronger than their offense when raiding. So when I read someone talking about having trouble even with lower TP teams, I start wondering about things like color mix, too many healers/not enough damage dealers, not matching offense specials to counter defense specials, and the like.

In war, if the defenses are within a few hundred points of each other, I generally consider it a fair war. My alliance has a 50/50 chance of winning a fight like that. These matchups seem to be really troubling your alliance, though, and I think that’s why Kayo was talking about maybe pulling in the alt of a top player to help you all. We had one join my old alliance when I was a fairly new player, and it helped us amazingly.

3 Likes

Yup again nothing to do with this complaint. That was after I lost in couple battles and I was frustrated but since than I’ve figured out a few things and I now rarely lose to lower opponents. Again that quote was from a while ago and I was referring to mainly raids and few war battles. That was a different subject nothing to do with overall alliance wars but my individual battle again I’ve since figured out. That old complaint had nothing to do with how many opponents they had stronger than ours but the people I chose to attack was weaker and lost but that was my fault not knowing what hero’s to use and such. Why is subject getting changed all I’m asking is why is my alliance getting matched up against a lot more powerful opponents and how come we never get matched up with weaker opponents every once in a while. Does that make sense to u KAYO or did I wanna find another quote from long time ago that has nothing to do with what I and others are complaining about in this thread

I would guess there’s a random element to the pairing, and your alliance just seems to be coming out on the losing side of the imbalance equation fairly often recently. SG has been following the trends in overall consecutive losses:

So it’s probably not a systemic thing. That said, it might be a good idea to change the matchmaking algorithm to forcibly reduce the probability of team power imbalances when an alliance has been on a losing streak.

2 Likes

Ah, sorry. I confused your previous complaint of raids and wars being unfair because you and your alliance couldn’t beat people with lower power to your totally unrelated complaint of Wars being unfair because you and your alliance can’t beat people with more power.

Sounds like you figured out your last unfair moment so it’s not unfair anymore by getting better at the game, but this totally different unfair scenario can’t be figured out by getting better, and it’s the system keeping you down.

I wish you had just explained it like that, and I now understand.

That one’s on me.

3 Likes

You will figure out that the ones responding such things not addressing what you said or claiming that despite the same thing happening 10-15 times in a row it’s “not systemic” are trolls. They point to how fair the system is in the face of this thread being over 2k post long.

Most of them asking the same question as you. The power match does not account for even the simplest of such things as levels you put into the actual account of power being assessed.
It has no floor or ceiling in which to guide the actual match.

Beware of trolls… They only see bliss, bliss, bliss.

1 Like

They have to have 300 defense points than the team u attack with. Just wanted clarify that since u get confused

Does it have to be him or will a video of anybody doing it work? How about this? 2.6k vs 4k

I used to get 1 shots by stacking 4 unleveled heroes with a single maxed 4* or 5* by going mono…

6 Likes

Mods, can we use this video to address and close all complaints on both unfair match ups and Field Aid being unfair?

1 Like

What’re the odds he comes back with:

“No, I said it had to be 300. On the dot. Troll someone else.”

Or

“I wasn’t talking to you.”

@Jrock143

When I first encountered your complaint, I asked if there was a possibility that your alliance is not that good. That wasn’t a bash. Everyone starts from somewhere. I came to the forum for experience from players better than I, and I continue to come here to grow.

You’ve dug your heels in the dirt that the system is entirely against you, rather than maybe you guys just lack experienced players. You’ve clung so dearly into a broken system that you’re not able to see opportunities to overcome your challenges.

Open your mind to the idea of having an experienced player come to your alliance to help guide, or for you (or an alliance mate) to go to an experienced alliance and return with knowledge of improvement.

I think, like your previous complaint in November of unfairness, you will find that with increased knowledge and game play experience, you won’t find things so “unfair.”

Troll, out.

It’s not unfairness, as much as a miss-matchmaking system. This war 10 teams of level 40 the rest 30’s matched against out team of, 2 teams of 40 the rest 30’s and many 20’s.

That is a mismatch.
I did not take photos this time, as I think I’ve posted enough to clearly show the systems flaw.

King above gives a stack example above, as if it proves some point. Like it in some way suggests that the team faced with a higher power team wins a match. Yet it fails to realize the more powerful team could then turn around and apply the same strategy, yet to higher power teams… increasing the advantage… This is common sense.

It’s laughable some of the things people are trying to give as an example as to what people are expressing as a clear flaw in the match system.

1 Like

Ultimately, all of this back-and-forth isn’t getting us anywhere I think. I can’t imagine SG is reading this thread that carefully any more. It is amazingly long.

So what I’d recommend is this: mhalttu has been the one tracking and posting about alliance war mismatches. You have a lot of data collected at this point representing repeated imbalance in matches. If I were you, I’d tag him directly and ask him to look into the problem, and offer to provide your data. Unlike all of us debating this topic, he might actually be able to do something about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The way war is setup, the one defense team is a constant…while our attackers may be used only once each war. For almost all of us, our attack team strength will decrease from say our top team to our last 5.

So with practice you will have to learn how to kill opponents with TP of 300 more than yours. It takes a decent board but you have to develop into being able to get in more than a single one shot with your top team.

Example your attacking player A whose war defense TP is 3500. Mix of 4 and 5*. Your top attack team vs him is 3600. But, say you have used 8 out of your top 10 heroes in 1st round and you now face him with 4th lineup. Your TP might now be down to 3100, and you have to learn how to win some of these. They will happen on a regular basis because you cannot attack with your top heroes each time.

Not trying to argue at all, hoping it helps shed light on the way wars will be.

1 Like

That’s a great concept unless as I’m pointing out 24 of 24 at time are a-300 mismatch at the start of the game.

How do you suggest we get that flaw in the mis-matchmaking system fixed. Clearly your suggestion is worthless in the mismatches we’re describing.

Us 3 energy remaining, them 36…

Adding photo showing how the level mismatch caused the consolidation of power reflected in the scores shown.

Not interested king your video, just kayos

I’m not interested in your video king, only if kayo does it* for all I know that was done a while ago and could’ve took u many tries before putting the one u finally got successful on YouTube. Again either way only interested in seeing kayo do it

Last thing than I’m done with this subject, I never said u couldn’t beat people higher points than u. I know it can be done but odds are against u. You’re more likely to lose more than u win when going against 300 points higher team but again it can be done and last thing I don’t understand why u guys are even writing to me and I never should’ve responded to people like kayo. I m only interested in telling people at E&P how I and many others feel. U guys like the way the wars are set up that’s your opinion but some of us don’t and that’s our opinion. I didn’t even start this thread lol. Anyways I’m done Ive said my peace

1 Like