Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

Not permanently. We are working on a new version that gives more weight to the top five heroes, which are most likely to be used as the defense team.

4 Likes

I was responding to myself when you wrote this realizing my mistake too.

That said, you can clearly look at our match-up and see that it will be a very unfair match-up for our opponent. We will win and it won’t be fun. It certainly won’t be fun for the other side. They will go into it knowing they don’t have a chance.

I’m not convinced of the 5 strongest hero rating system with weighting them differently. I get it’s not simple otherwise we wouldn’t be having this discussion, but it’s not super complicated either. An alliance war score that takes into account multiple factors, which could include past battles, seems to be the best approach.

1 Like

Perhaps you could also consider giving less weight to 5 star pure defence hero’s as f.i. Owl who if there are enough attacking 4 star hero’s will never be used for war. Off course same goes for 4 star defence hero’s in that matter.

Same with titan score, that did not work for my alliance, and members come and go regularly. Thanks for the reply.

I think it’s best to have a new alliance war score based on past battles. It may be very rough at first, but it’ll fix itself in the long run.

@mhalttu Zeke here from 7 Days Ascending - we are the newest 7 Days alliance but I think the new system has grossly mismatched us.

The new matchmaking algorithm favors strong defence teams. Now that you know this, use it to your advantage. ps. While you can…

That makes a lot of sense, but please don’t overshoot.

What would also help is if the players got better insight on the metric on which they have been matched. Yes, some UI work. Because right now players are still comparing based on titan score and that’s counterintuitive/mistaken.

The system doesn’t work correctly

1 Like

Yep, the Titan Score has the same problem a history based war score would have. Anyway, we’ll check the results of this war to confirm that even the current team power based matchmaking works slightly better than the old titan score based matchmaking.

Hopefully next week we’ll already have iteration number 4 (or what ever it is by now).

7 Likes

Thanks @mhalttu understand it’s a lot more complicated than how it looks on the surface and appreciate what your team puts into trying to enhance this game we all enjoy :pray:

3 Likes

I would prefer if you guys worked on a war-score, which would give everybody worthy opponents in their battles in the end. Thank you for the update though.

Please consider the idea about NOT REPEATING defense teams!
That’s one of the best ideas that came up for a while. As long as our attack power decreases per flag as we use our strongest heroes first, the same hard defense keeps popping up, so it’s fair that the defense changes too.
Each player “pre locks” 6 defense teams and they pop up after the first gets killed (after the proper respawn time too, not immediately after the kill)

1 Like

@Quazyx
It should be bounded to players to make it work, like a personal win rate, 'cause players could change alliance at will and trick the war-score if it’ll be bounded on alliances only.

My thoughts:
Player’s team power is a good thing, it actually measure what makes you fight better: heroes.
Then is up to players how to make the most out of their rooster & developing winning tactics.

Weighing more n° strongest heroes (for every player) is a good choice, it could help alliances with few strong players and many weak ones to find similar alliances to fight, avoiding “balanced alliances” who could avoid the strong ones and scoring at will on the weaks.

Titans score lead to great mismatch from mid to low level alliances: someone goes up, someone goes down, its like making find to a newbie only cup dropper players in the province’s outposts:
you can’t progress with that.

An addition that could help players to monitoring how balanced wars really are could be to add a way to see attacker’s heroes on the war scoreboar and/or have aa alliance team power counter who increase with attacks done (to see how good attackers heroes were), be it based on actual team’s power or team’s hero cost, and a flag counter near player’s names.

To collect correct statistic

I myself had the luck to didn’t get such an unfair opponent. Of course we also lost, but that’ s part of it.

But what I am wondering, however, why must matchmaking take place BEFORE the preparation phase?
Do you really change your team based on your opponents?
As can be read here, the team that is set up for defense naturally plays a central role.

However, only on this basis that matchmaking cannot be carried out.
But why can this not be combined?
So the defending team and then the 30 strongest heroes.

So the avg of the defending Team have to match and the avg of the roaster (30) too - don’t mix them to one “stat”.

However, this would mean that the entire process would have to change:

1. preparatory phase
  2. Matchmaking
  3. if necessary still another “here you see your opponent” phase?
  4. war
1 Like

It was posted earlier on this thread if you scroll up:

1 Like

Are you kidding me again with a team that’s over 20000 alliance points ahead of us this new system blows donkey nuts. 3rd time in a row the opposing team had over 20000 points more than. Officially done with war I won’t be a much stronger teams punching bag over and over and over. I’ll be telling the alliance to boycott it as well screw that.

2 Likes