Alliance wars - matching manipulation

Yes. So swingers join another week alliance before another war.

1 Like

But it was mentioned above that none who joins after matching will be able to fight in that particular war.

4 Likes

Before it means just before matching. I think they join different week alliance each time.

1 Like

If they join before matching, then they should be being matched with a similar strength alliance. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok. So they can’t escape the “top 30 heroes plus troops” part of the war score. But you’re saying you think they just always go to an alliance that has lost its last 5 wars so they can get easier match-ups due to the “past performance” part of the war score?

1 Like

How do you know that some join right before matching?

You mean they leave and know exactly when the match will be done and rejoin just a minute before?

@all: Would that be possible?

1 Like

No I didn’t say they join losers. They join alliances with members 1,5-2k*,

1 Like

You can click on them and see their number of days in alliance. That’s straightforward.

1 Like

They have the same information as we that the war is coming. Then they choose the alliance the will join this time and about a day before the war, week alliance of 1,5-2k players has got 6-7 super heroes. It is the structure of that kind of alliances (very week vs very strong) is the point of this trick.

2 Likes

Interesting. So it’s effectively a high-variance strategy. If they hit an alliance with all members at about the same level, they can reset the board 2 times, plus their own very weak alliance members can get some extra kills added to that total.

SG actually added in something to the points to reduce the benefit of such a strategy, though.

In the war itself, all teams together are worth 1500 points total, with 500 points being divided between all members equally, and the other 1000 points divided proportional to the total health of each team.

So if an alliance has some teams much weaker than average, and some teams much stronger, you will do best by just repeatedly killing the weak teams,
waiting for them to reset, then killing them again. And again.

If you want to beat swinger teams, here’s what to do:

War start: kill all the weakest teams. Wait 6 hours for them to reset
War start +6 hours: kill all the weakest teams again. Wait 8 hours for them to reset
War start +14 hours: kill all the enemy teams. This will instantly reset the whole board. You will have to use multiple flags and color stacking on the strong enemies.
After the reset: kill all the weak enemy teams one more time

You will get more points than they do if you follow this strategy.

EDIT: This link looks like it provides an alternative that may work too. I’m worried about the early resets being too hard, though.

7 Likes

All of that strategy makes total sense, just one small tweak: the respawn times are 6 hours, 8 hours, 10 hours, as a team is successively killed repeatedly.

So it should be:

War start: kill all the weakest teams. Wait 6 hours for them to reset
War start +6 hours: kill all the weakest teams again. Wait for them to reset
War start +14 hours: kill all the enemy teams. This will instantly reset the whole board. You will have to use multiple flags and color stacking on the strong enemies.
After the reset: kill all the weak enemy teams one more time

4 Likes

Got it! Updated the post to reflect the correct delays. Thanks for the catch!

3 Likes

Theory is good, but as I said the swingers are usually to strong for us to even scratch them, kill group of 6 or 7 swingers is quite impossible. That is why the are just keep winning.

2 Likes

Kill all the enemies is probably easier said than done :wink:

2 Likes

Even if you don’t get the board clear, that’s a good approach. And with good coordination you can take out the huge teams. It helps to have some people plan to bust the tanks so other follow-up hits can chip away. It may take several flags, but it’s worth it once you’ve killed the weaker teams repeatedly.

For what it’s worth, my alliance has won Wars with similar matchups to what you’re describing by following that approach.

The War we just won today was somewhat similar to that. They had a huge gap between their strongest players and the rest of the alliance. And their strongest players were all stronger than anyone in our alliance.

4 Likes

So, it doesn’t impact the matching, as has already been pointed out. Those players could have been there 300 days or 1 minute before match making. The match would be the same.

It also would be an insane strategy for the players. They would never open a war chest. The second you fight a war in another players alliance, then the participation gets reset.

If they are doing this, they would have to be pretty stupid. It doesn’t help the match making and takes valuable mats out of the players pockets.

5 Likes

What do your rosters look like? I’m level 30, and I’ve been playing for about 4 months. I color stack 3/2, and I have about a 70% win rate against teams with 500+ TP above me. I believe you really could learn to do it…

That said, I agree with you that this high variance “swinging” strategy is probably a weakness in the current matching algorithm. And it’s definitely something that’s worth getting SG to look at fixing.

Thank you very much for bringing this up, and in sticking with it long enough to help us understand what the real problem is! Now let’s see if we can get Small Giant to see it as a problem too.

2 Likes

I still don’t understand it. There is a core problem with matching, where teams with power concentration in higher TP teams somehow match with teams that don’t have the same shape. That has been discussed a lot of time, and this appears to be just another instance.

The swinging aspect is just a red herring…it holds no water.

1 Like

If you stay in a single alliance, the gap is transitory, because weak teams strengthen differentially fast vs. strong teams. Eventually, your alliance will compress out the gap in the average strength.

If you keep hopping alliances, you can maintain an enormous gap vs the average team strength forever. There’s also a turning aspect to their strategy. If you focus carefully on the number of strong versus weak in the alliance, you can maximize the difficulty of your opponents’ job.

2 Likes

Yes, but to what advantage? Your strong players will never open a chest. The match making is the same as if they were there forever.

If anyone is doing this they are just stupid. And the core problem still resolves itself to be power concentration and outliers. Which is a know problem that once addressed will fix this “issue” which I don’t even think is really a “thing”.

2 Likes