Alliance wars - matching manipulation

What’s unsportsmanlike about this? I don’t get it…seems legit to me if they want to go through the effort.

@Winters1, if you don’t feel comfortable here, I’ve got line.

How about “Sandbaggers”?

This exploit is like cup dropping on an alliance scale. We need @Brobb to come up with a suitably derogatory description for them.

2 Likes

It would seem that they are subverting the intent of the mechanics. Sort of like an Athlete doping with some substance that hasn’t been specifically banned, but that still gives an advantage.

I see it as a bigger reason to join an established alliance over making a new one. If players just joined already succesful alliances, then the players using this tactic would just end up going against each other and win/win for all

But how? Isn’t the matchmaking looking at all participating players heroes and matching up teams of similar talent? Where is the advantage?

The turning a win of 5 wars to a loss of 5 wars (or more) in the calculation.

War score takes into account wins and losses as well

So players think other players are taking advantage of that small part of the war algorithm by starting at 0 wins 0 losses after each war chest

1 Like

Oh, I see…that’s possible. But still, seems like a lot of effort for such a small advantage.

Or even negative loss if they join an alliance that has been losing.

Small advantage, but how many close wars have you won or lost by a few hundred points

The smaller the alliance the bigger the advantage, as win/loss becomes a greater part of the score.

1 Like

It tracks the past 10 wars, surely no alliance loses 10 in a row

Believe they would gain more of a matchup advantage by starting at 0/0 but i could be wrong

A lot lately…won today by about 70 points!

There is a theory that these alliances are populated by alts and that they throw the wars. I think we are getting ever more into the realm of speculation here, but that is what has been said.

2 Likes

But if players then join with their mains, it increases the war score by a lot more than wins/losses does. Which i guess would still give them an easier matchup than staying at their current main alliance war level

yes, agreed. But would still take a +5 to a -10, and if there are say 10-12 players in the alliance that could make a difference.

Again, that’s a crazy amount of effort for such a small advantage. If they have the time in their lives to burn for this I say let them have at it.

2 Likes

What devs could do to stop this or make it less appealing, is increase the odds for 4* mats and more emblems with every chest you open within the same alliance. Up to a certain percentage of course, because we all know they ain’t handing that stuff out for free!:joy:

2 Likes

This was the layout i originally figured people would use to mess with the war matchups. Little different now since mercing is back in full swing but most of it would still apply

1 Like