ALLIANCE WARS....... Frustrating, Boring & definately unrewarding

I am a level 30 player with only 15 usable heroes. Low level alliance that takes on brand new players all the time. which get wiped pretty easy on the 6* titans we take down. I realize we will probably struggle in alliance wars. But we as a group encourage each other to grow and give suggestions for new upcoming event and features. If your alliance is not wanting to participate and have talked about it then yes you should find one like mine that wants to play the game and participate and grow with you. I know we wont win every time and will probably get crappy loot most of the time, but i like the game and have found a group that does too.

edit for clarification by usable i don’t mean fully leveled only 5 4*maxed.

13 Likes

I think this is still the best one, darn it:

5 Likes

SG: “Here, we brought some free candy for you. Enjoy!”

Community: “W T F Strawberry flavor?!”

18 Likes

Elpis - this is something that alliances will have to figure out, just like “how competitive do we want to be with the titan?”. alliances that have people who want to compete and move up and people who don’t and just want to hang out, they have different goals and eventually split apart.

5 Likes

So far it seems to me that Alliance Wars have definitely strengthened alliance bonds - alliances seem to lean strongly pro or con, with few divided. But I doubt that it was supposed to have any impact whatsoever on intra-alliance relationships.

Pretty clearly, the intention was to satisfy mid-game players who complained about constantly pulling 3* and 4* heroes for whom they had no use. Now those heroes are valuable and there is an incentive to level them.

Problem solved, huh? I can’t wait to read all the delighted posts from the level 20-30 players that have been so happy to complain, up till now.

3 Likes

SG: “Here, we brought some free candy for you. Enjoy!”

Community: “Wait, some receive candy and some receive socks. How is that?”

Dante, it’s just too early to say it now but we really have a different view of this event.
I’m afraid it’s not a matter of finding the appropriate alliance, but a feature that only high level players can really enjoy.

Not fun throw 15 not levelled heroes on a massacre, no matter your alliance is.

5 Likes

So you dislike that sg has given you something to grow towards?

3 Likes

I dislike that SG has made something to hate before enjoing, while with some easy changes all people can enjoy right from the beginning.
And as i already said, i’m not talking for myself.

As it is i can literally fly from wars to wars and be some kind of god.

7 Likes

I just tell my members that if it frustrates them too much they can just leave it at 3 or 4 attacks, also depending on their day/time or the opponents. Right now we have only (almost) full opponents standing, so I can understand if they don’t want to go in with unleveled 2*s. I leave it up to them. I would just commit suicide with such a team and hope to score a point, but not everyone is the same.
But still, the fact that you get 6 attacks doesn’t mean you absolutely have to use them all or can’t have fun on the first half of the war and be done after that.
I see it as a glass half full or glass half empty viewpoint.

3 Likes

Most games i have played have had content that i could not enjoy in the beginning because i had growing to do. And as i stated before it is impossible to make everyone happy. There will always be someone who doesn’t like it

2 Likes

It seems SG has given the community grounds for a divorce. Not kidding.

And passive/aggressive family counselors will not bring them closer.

This is about one family. Many are taking sides. I suggest rather than discussing it on this forum where nothing will be done, alliance leaders need to step up and lead.

SG needs to talk with those leaders to get a real sense of things.

2 Likes

Yep, there’s some problems even now and you are in a pretty high alliance if you already tested it.
Now try to imagine medium and low level, many of them not so kind hearted to tell you “ooooh, don’t worry over it! Do your best!”

I simply want a feature meant for all, and this is not right now.

8 Likes

On the feedback topic I already explained it, but I do have people who are between lvl 20-30. So, I am in such an alliance and that is what I tell my members.
But thank you for calling me kind-hearted, we do have a great group of people and I want us to have fun first and compete next.
We are not in the top 100, we are part of the second batch that is currently having their first war.

1 Like

I agree, this is an addition that suits the players who have no problems paying cash for a larger stronger teams.
while the rest of us are just target practice.

I can’t imagine anyone enjoying the game, by placing a whole heap of useless heroes just to watch them get cut down by arrows and no real battle taking place. And it’s over so quickly, you wonder why you even bothered.

6 Likes

I’m not a high level player. At all. I have three four star heroes and some three stars and a bunch of unleveled twos. I had fun and scored twenty some points for my alliance. I don’t think it’s about “high level” or “low level” players. I think there is just some new strategies involved in this and it may take awhile to get the hang of it. Yes, sometimes you will fight a battle that you just can’t win and other times your alliance will easily skate to victory… kind of like everything in life. Yes, SG probably is getting some complaints and they will probably tweak it. I encourage you and your alliance to try some new tactics during your next war and not give up so easily :slight_smile:

Good Luck!

10 Likes

Quite sure of it either, but it’s not a good reason to just give up on the majority of players.

If there’s no other way to make alliance war come true i can even agree with you, but there are many ways to make it fun for both elders and newbies.

We are just saying right now “We are having fun, if others have no fun is their fault!”
Not true, not always.

7 Likes

This is my opinion… the meaning of this battles are only to spend real money… use only once our heroes? Waiting too many time for nothing? Poor people can’t ever be on top… for god sake… this is a joke and a sarcasm right to our faces… and i belong in a very very strong and good alliance… i want to demand that it will be us to choose our adversaries… not the administrators… and change something to give us more motif to fight against… blah

3 Likes

If you cant find the fun in the game they put out they should change it for those that complain? I guess i don’t agree with that. I believe there will certainly be a need for different strategies in alliance wars. And not all will prosper. So we should change for those who do not want to work to be better and find a strategy to win?

4 Likes

If you’re in a low level team then you’ll be matched against a low level team. There’s no problem there.

If you lack a team of levelled mid-grade heroes, then you can grow one. You don’t need to pay a cent to do that.

And if you really hate alliance wars despite all the opportunities for fun involved, you can join with others who also hate them and not play.

8 Likes

It’s not a matter to win or lose, thats not the problem here.
You talk about strategies. And you have the right to talk about it, when you can put up differents levelled heroes fighting against the TOP opponents team every round with a devastating revenge bar.

What is the strategy of a player with only one good team? Yeah, the opponent is in the same situation. Only 1 or 2 good attacks and just some suicidal raids with whatever you farm on maps.

It’s not a win or lose matter.
Is that elders enjoy the wars much longer.

3 Likes