ALLIANCE WARS....... Frustrating, Boring & definately unrewarding

I wasn’t implying that p2w meant you actually did win just by buying heroes; this game doesn’t work that way, and I know it all too well that no matter what you buy, you still have to grind a lot to level up heroes. (In our alliance we have quite a few active players who paid for a good roster early in the game; players who don’t know what to do with their team tend to get an education; if they are utterly incapable of learning they are likely to get kicked…)

I’m drawing attention to a systemic AW matching flaw: Teams with many 5* and 4* but unleveled or started heroes look much stronger than they actually are, making for bad war matches.

2 Likes

Sorry then, I misunderstood and we still are in agreement…lol. We had the same thing when our alliance first started. We avised not to waste a lot of money going for a bunch of 5* since it would do no good due to items etc. Some listened and are progressing well. Those who didn’t tend to struggle.

Why not titan score vs. Alliance score (in number 1) to eliminate any cup dropping risk and mismatches that may result? Just curious.

Titan score gives the highest missmatches because it needs weeks/months to settle after a new ally is founded. You can‘t take it as good measurement

@mhalttu

Poorly missmatched by SG… okay we get it.

Blaming us, before the war starts on the alliance description…

Not a fair sportsmanship at all…

1 Like

We are a starting ally. Just did our first 1 star in 2 minutes…

We 3 starting in war are grunnenstrikesback db and Jarno. All 3500…

Sorry to our enemies…
If someone knows HOW we got sorted out against such an enemy

1 Like

The Dutch team we are fighting has a titan score of 1790? Do they not fight titans or a major glitch?

We just started today @princess1 , and we just crushed a 1 star titan :slight_smile:

If you see our scores, the combined score (we started war when just 4 people had left our former (still existing, but becoming growing and developing ally to our new) ) is far higher, but we just had 1 titan …

I think alliances with 4 weak players can‘t expect good wars and fights. Think the missmatch results because there was no other ally to match with so few members

1 Like

THANK YOU. It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out. I accidently said Dutch (last war), it’s a Swedish team but yes, they’ve only been together for four days :grin:

There will always be corner cases (starting an alliance new with a handful of heavy hitters would be one of them). I think that is some of the point from @mhalttu in his responses here. My point is that on the whole, in most cases, titan score is a better indicator than total alliance score.

@sleeperZ96BT only in the very beginning of wars was the total alliance score used, but the trophy score component was then left out fairly quickly. So then for a while only the Titan score was used. Now they’re using the top 30 strongest heroes per player (with emphasis on the top 5); so the trophy score hasn’t been considered in matchmaking for some time now.

I am well aware. I am responding to what Kerridoc proposed (included alliance score), then someone responded to poo-pooing on titan score, so I responded again. I should have tagged the response I was responding to.

Ah sorry I guess I should’ve paid better attention too… carry on then. :slight_smile:

titan score is a terrible metric for matching. a lot of 4* heroes are better than 5* heros for titan (not all but many). But those same 5* would crush the 4* in a raid or war.

Similiarly alliance score is terrible because of cup dropping.

1 Like

@Petri Our opponent withdrew. So we automaticly won… Not fun this. Maybe find something out to give more weight to cups and hp with a starting strong ally?

We just crushed 2 1* and are now busy to do very careful a 2* so everyone gets at least 2 attacks :smiley: But no big titanscore for us yet. :smiley: So we will get weaker enemies.

Again - I am responding in the context of Kerridocs post, not absolute only mechanic. BUT - truth be told, around the 300-400 alliance rank titan score produced way better matches for us than the current metric.

Titan fights are unrelated to a war between alliances. So Hero cards held, eg: team power must be the metric. Also the number of members in an allianc & their experience lvls.
They have to find something that works using these 3 points.

I disagree - titan score are a much better measuring stick than player level. Titan fights measure alliance performance against a common enemy (titans); it’s not perfect but it’s a good metric (and I reiterate that we had great matchups under the titan score mechanic).

Player level is even less related - it measures commitment to farming and could be associated with time in game, but doesn’t tell you anything specific about the players deck.

Team power in some capacity and alliance members is also a good item to match on.

PS - this all still originates with my agreement with Kerridoc other than replacing alliance score with titan score, lol.

Currently matching is done using (a) alliance size and (b) a measure of the top 30 heroes of each ally, weighting the top 5 more heavily. Neither alliance score nor Titan score matter. Devs have said that they are planning on moving to an ELO system (along the lines of how raid scoring works, but possibly with more nuance—how badly did you win lose?).