1 Like

not each other, hopefully :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Cause we doesn’t pass the qualifications :sob: :it:

2 Likes

@FraVit93

Uhm … I am from germany :wink: :de:
As a nice meme said after that disastrous soccer game germany vs south korea:

If you do not feel like competing in the world cup, then make that clear in advance, like the dutch and the italians did. But going to russia and THEN not feeling like competing, WTH is that?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

They are still quite lopsided…it seems to be deterring players from the game.

Part of me is kind of glad that the loot for war victories is junk.

People get upset as it is when losing a war. Imagine how upset they would get if the war loot was actually good.

I know the devs are working to make the matching even. They seem to be doing better.

I’m sure it’s a work in progress. I’m ok waiting matching to be consistently fair as long as I know they’re continuing to work on it.

My last two war matches have seemed pretty even.

Wars have only slightly improved. We are an alliance that supports and tries to build new players. We are constantly losing in the alliance wars as we are teamed up against much stronger teams that anihilate us. It’s terrible. I’m ready to stop playing wars, and the game. I can’t get all my heroes leveled without spending insane amounts of cash. Getting rather frustrated.

We keep outscoring ourselves and still losing. Hmm.

Keep things going, it’s summer so as you and me also people in SG-Office enjoy hollydays with their families. The consistant status updates and patches so far have shown they work on it and also that takes time. It is nothing which can be done over night. I trust them to find a way of good balancing as well as making AW more fun for everyone. Nothing will change through complaining and moaning, give them input data as a lot of other players have done and take the wars as an oportunity to train and experiment with some heroes and teams. For me that helps.

Our last 3 wars:
apart from the first case we were attacking with more players (with inactive from both sides)
always apart from the first case the attackers were wasting +5 flags for some target

1 Like

So far my alliance seems to be getting more fair matches since the updates.

The teams seem to be approximately equal strength and the end point aren’t crazy lopsided like before the update.

My alliance won its last war 17,446 to 1,230. Lopsided does not begin to describe it.

Our alliance rank ranges from 150-250. In the last 2 wars, we faced alliances in the 40-80 range. We outdid ourselves and managed to beat the first one by around 400 pts. We outdid ourselves again on the 2nd war and lost by around 600. The mismatch was just too great.

As for rewards, got one 3* ascension item since it began while winning more than 65% of my wars.

We also won our last war, by mismatch. It was not a large difference, but 5 of us did not hit and 4 only gave it a hit or 2

Wowzers.

Stuff like that really makes me want to see the exact metrics on which we were matched for each war. I really would find that very useful, @mhalttu. I like strategizing, analysing, and it would be cool if the game’s UI was somewhat more helpful in that. Some suggestions:

• showing number(s) in game on which matchmaking was based (so I can see if it’s going to be tough or not ‘on paper’).
  • war analysis feedback on victory/loss screen: not just points and highest attackers but also numbers of attacks by each alliance.
  • war history screen: how did our alliance perform in the last X wars, how did I perform?

I have flagged the last three wars to @mhalttu… but felt guilty so i didn’t put the scores. I am in the alliance with @Kerridoc and believe that the problem is a higher than reasonable weight added to partially filled alliances, but that is just my two cents.

Please look at the metrics compared to the match-ups for Seven Days Fermented… All of us in our alliance are hoping for a much fairer match-up and i cant imagine those paired with us are having a good time (especially since the last two teams basically opted out).

1 Like

@Kerridoc @SkiParty Guys like I mentioned in the other thread, it is IMHO really misleading to say “we just won 17,446 to 1,230, look how bad the matchmaking is”, without mentioning your opponent only fought with 13 out of their ~24 teams, while you had 23 on the battlefield. Not to mention even 1,230 points seems rather low for the 78 flags they had with their 13 teams, so perhaps they did not even really try at all, while you reset them over and over again? And I’ve seen that team has multiple 4000+ members, so it’s not like they’re weak.

Really not picking sides here or try to start an argument anything, and it’s entirely possible that these factors aside the match was still bad, but at least present the full picture when complaining or asking devs to look into things. Just my opinion.

1 Like

The matchmaking is so bad that their leader threw the towel in prior to the battle. While we will never know how close it would have been if they tried their hardest, but I doubt it would have been close. Everyone on our team has a fully ascended top notch 5* defense team, they have 4 or 5 team members with such defenses the rest are getting there. So while the shortage of their players artificially increased our score, I think that they would have had troubles scoring well past the first flag or two with our defenses.

I am sorry if I am beating a broken record here, I just want the devs to look at this particular case and see if it leads them to help with their algorithm. My goal is not to fix battles for us, as I assume that will occur as we fill our ranks, but to highlight extreme examples of alliance mismatch to shed light on errors with the current algorithm. This is the third war/battle we have faced as an our alliance… the system is not working for us. Due to the nature of our players, we may be an extreme outlier not worth SGs time to review. I am hoping that the war that starts tomorrow matches us with an alliance that we deem unwinnable… it would bring our group together trying to win.

I appreciate your concern with this topic as the forum is filled with people knowingly or unknowing misleading people (e.g. the tiles are random). In this case, there are details that could change the outcome a bit, but both our alliance and theirs believed a blowout was inevitable. Without your clarification however, others may have had the same thoughts.

2 Likes

While writing the previous response, we got our third mismatched war… the only thing all these have in common is both sides have the exact same number of players when the teams are “announced”.

1 Like

Fair enough… you guys are beasts indeed. Should’ve looked at your alliance as well. I would agree that’s a mismatch; I’m not sure how you’d fairly match an alliance where everyone mostly has maxed 5*, other than a team where they also have that or are at least pretty close (and a similar number of teams).

1 Like