Alliance wars - matching manipulation

I will forever be confused why it is easier to believe there is a hidden cabal of players with multiple accounts jumping between alliances (and missing Titan loot) just to beat up on mid-tier alliances for a war chest than it is to believe a few higher level players are hanging with lower level players. I just can’t make the jump.
Especially when, as near as we can tell, the hero roster is so heavily weighted in matching. It is highly unlikely to me that anyone is going to invest time to create sub-accounts simply for the reasons mentioned above. Let alone so many that people are noticing it regularly.

I wish everyone, except my opponents, good luck in war this weekend!
Enjoy your day.

13 Likes

Mayby they loose from time to time, people win in lotteries sometimes also. I beat one swinger with my second team last time, but it was a pure luck. My first team made 4 point damage to leader, he has dream team of 5*heroes, he could cure every damage I made during the fight. If swingers are in group of 6 or 7 the chance to beat them is very low.

Are you running rainbow teams or color stacking? Rainbow teams are going to be hopeless against significantly stronger opponents.

2 Likes

I don’t have so much options, so rather rainbow.
BTW I think that lately war chest loot is much better that titan loot. And you can invite your second account as a friend, so I think many players use it now.

Sorry to bust in like this, I had not the patience to read the entire thread, but wouldn’t jumping alliances reset your war chest? What is the point of winning wars if not to fill the war chest? War rewards are not that good… War chests on the other hand… I opened my fair share of them so far and was never disappointed!

Alliance War improvements and changes:

• War Chest participation no longer resets when leaving the Alliance. It now resets when participating in a war for another alliance.

You can leave and go hit titans, as long as you are in during matchmaking phase is all good…

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer, it confirms my hypotesis! Jumping alliances for war purposes would reset your war chest! So what would be the point of winning wars with different alliances?

Did you check how long they have joined the alliance to determine whether they jump between alliances?

Yes, we are talking about war alliance not fighting titans and all leaders are in alliance for a day or two.

You only jump the alliance or start a new alliance (with no win/loss record) after filling your war chest.

Counting cards in poker doesnt give you a super high increase in winning, but over time adds up. Never losing a war equals about 1 extra war chests a month, for guaranteed ascension mats and emblems

war chest doesn’t have guaranteed non-farmables

1 Like

I’m thinking if this is being done it must be by a very few alliances, and the chances of it being repeatedly encountered to your alliance, would be even smaller.

1 Like

Yes it is rare, but it happened two times during about two months. Last time when I started this thread. I had the name of this last alliance, but I was said „no names”, so I deleted it and now I don’t remember it properly, and I don’t know how to use cyrillic on my phone (on my PC it is quite simple.
Everybody loose sometimes but when you are in winning alliance and you are smashed like a hopless child, you are starting to think what is going on.
And warchest doesn’t reset now if you jump between the alliances as long you don’t fight in wars in your titan alliance.

Swingers as I call them don’t fight wars in both alliances they have war alliance prepared for war only and main alliance only for titans.
It is my main assumption.

Probably you face them often because those swinging alliances have their war score around the same level of your alliance war score, and identical participating member during matchmaking (note that the number of member in battlefield might be lower than the number during matchmaking as not filling war defense will result in ther base not being shown in battlefield)

No, it does not, but I was never disappointed by It’s contents so far…

What’s the advantage of that and how does this work. Do all members jump between alliances before the war starts or only a few of them? And if only a few are jumping back and forth, why would the ones left behind stand for this kind of practice?

The point is that only 6-7 strongest jump. But war alliance they jump is very weak (before they jump), permanent members don’t add much value to war score. If permanent members of war alliance are second and third accounts of swingers as I belive, they can keep them weak forever, they just don’t fight titans, don’t acquire exp and don’t get new heroes- once you made them they don’t brother you in future. If in war alliance 14 weaker members give about 42k to war score (about 3,0 k for member), the group of 7 swingers probably give 126 k of war score for alliance of 168k war score. My alliance is also 168k, but is regular I don’t think our 7 leaders give more than 50% of war score. The difference in potential of leaders is huge, swingers are too strong for us. Having vivica and dream team of 5* heroes they can cure damage made by us during the fight and permanent members don’t give many points. Of course matching algorithm is probably more complex but I think that this is more or less this proportion.

Ok, this makes sense, but how about the other 20 or more members of the titan alliance? Why would they stand for this practice. The alliance’s strongest are not taking part in their wars… One alliance is not fighting titans, the other is not doing wars… seems to me that the swingers get to win and the others get to loose… why would they stand for that? Swingers still need strong allies to hunt titans…

2 Likes

My alliance just got totally destroyed by an alliance using swingers. Not sure how the mechanics they exploit work, but here’s how things went:

Match is announced. Enemy alliance has fewer members and a MUCH lower war score than we do. War begins, now enemy has as many members as us and a MUCH higher war score. Notice that over a third of their members joined 2 days or less ago. They totally destroy us, no contest at all, won by over 2k points. They win, war ends, over a third of their members have left within minutes of war ending.

This is the result of some sort of exploit. Maybe the war score for matchmaking is not properly updated if new members join just before the matches are made. This would explain why the enemy alliance appeared to have fewer members and a lower war score until the war actually started.

Simple solution: new members cannot participate in the first full war after they join. By FULL war I mean if they join during the 48 hour war window between match being announced and war ending, they miss the next war. So max of sitting out 2 wars. No need for absurd 2 week restrictions. It would eliminate whatever exploit is being used with minimum impact on people legitimately switching alliances.