Alliance War Scoring – Bonus Points for Beating All Teams / Clearing Board / Resetting / Flipping

That’s very rare. If you are talking about high level alliances, yes they are always flipping each other. But 90% of alliances don’t do flipping. I play in a midlevel alliance and most of our opponents don’t flip the board, so it would really be unfair to them if we gain extra flags. That’s what I feel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone, it’s been a while since the last post in this thread, however, if I may, I think 1. our profile should reflect the person who reset a war board just like Titan strikes, raids, etc. I agree on something extra given to either that person or the entire team but not necessarily extra war flags as I don’t feel that’s fair to others.
That said, in my alliance, when we only have, say 2 partial teams left to reset, everyone that’s online is looking at each other & waiting for someone to reset the board. If there was some type of compensation for resetting a board we wouldn’t be sitting at the last hour awaiting someone with energy to reset it. The question is, what would be fair? I don’t feel 1500 added to war score is incentive enough for individuals. It really should be an individual reward to entice someone to WANT to reset the war board.

Never had such a problem that people in my alliance were actually waiting for someone to flip the board. I think rather to reward the player who flips it, your alliance has to communicate and sort things like that out. Actually, if this current state is a problem in your alliance, would a reward for flipping the board really do anything good? In worst case there would be some members which would hold back their flags to have a shot at getting this reward, resulting in less participation in the beginning of the war…

Anyway… I would appreciate a pointreward for the whole score of an alliance, if they manage to clear every enemy. For me clearing the whole field symbolises some domination over the opponent and it just seems a bit illogical that some alliances avoid the opponent’s top teams in war the whole time or don’t take them out and they still manage to win the whole war because they beat the sh*t out of the weaker and mediocre teams.

1 Like

I’m a one man band and every victory requires me to flip my opponent at least twice. Further, adding to your war score is a positive disincentive as all that does is make your next match up that bit harder. Adding to your war score would actually be a team punishment. In my first alliance, I was consistently the heaviest hitter and as far as I could tell, just that created a bit of bad feeling even though it meant I was carrying a couple of the weakest members who couldn’t field 6 attack teams. Personally, it sounds to me that you need to communicate more effectively so that each member attacks the teams they are most likely to be able to defeat rather than hit the easiest targets which only makes it harder for the weaker members. I wouldn’t be onboard with that at all.

1 Like

Dont think she meant the war score used for matchmaking

Think she meant 1500 points added to the scoreboard for the flipping team during a war

War score used for matchmaking goes up with each win under war cap as is

1 Like

That makes sense (I’m not much of a lateral thinker). But didn’t there used to be bonus points for team flipping? (you may remember as you have been playing longer than me I think?) I’m fairly sure it was abandoned as it really did/would skew results. I really think good communication in large alliances is one of the major keys to success. Free for alls just aren’t pretty and creates laziness. You and Crew are successful because you have clear well coordinated goals. I’m pretty sure about that?

2 Likes

Bonus points have always been awarded per kill as far as i can recall

The change was halving those points which yes halved the overall bonus points of an entire alliance which created lower overall scores

I don’t see any reason to implement bonus points for resets since the bonus points are technically already there for each kill so this would be tacking bonus points onto bonus points which is just illogical

I can’t speak for other crews but yes in Saders right now wars is our biggest focus. I don’t feel we’re one of the top war alliances but i think we’ll get there soon. Communication and clear goals is definitely important in any alliance but even more weighted if an alliance wants to be competitive

2 Likes

I think it depends on your level of play. My alliance usually flips 3 times, win or lose. We are quite happy with our win rate. A good team.
It takes team work and timing to let the weaker players hit the weaker teams and do cleanup and have the power players stick to hitting the strongest teams. There is also timing those flips to our advantage. It would be nice to have a SMALL benefit for flipping. Maybe 50 points or the equivalent of ONE extra flag. That is huge.

1 Like

If you look at each target there is:

X amount of Points
X amount of bonus points for a kill

Now to make the most of the bonus points it’s best to kill a target in 1 flag which improves points per flag which is the goal in war

With that being said, if a team 1 shots all 30 opponents for a flip, the bonus points people are requesting have already been implemented considering that basically is 1.5x(rough off the cuff math) the ppf that could have been had with a mix of 1 shots, cleanups, tank busts etc

And now you have a fresh board which increases fhe amount of times opponents can be killed in war since there is no waiting for respawn times that can go beyond the length of war

Averages are what wars boil down to.

3 Likes

Dunno if the same goes for top alliances, but as a member of an mediocre alli I’ve recognized that opponents in war tempt to ignore our topmembers the whole time, leaving 3-4 warteams fully untouched and only hitting everyone else. My alliance on the other hand often flips the board and sometimes it can be a real effort, throwing a couple of flags against the other topmembers, but overall we are doing fine. What really doesn’t feel right is, when we manage a flip with all we got and the opponent is not near at all to pull off a flip (like I said topmembers are total ignored/untouched) and we still lose to them because they’ve beaten the sh*t out of respawning weaker teams. I think that’s a bit illogical. One may criticise us, that this is our own fault because the opponent had just a better strategy. I won’t disagree because I don’t complain about the loss itself since the enemy used the current warmechanics just better than us to earn more points. But did we lose because the others were stronger? I don’t think so.
In my opinion the winner of a war should be the strongest, who dominates and not the ones that do the better point calculations. Flipping boards is some kind of destroying the opponence for me and therefore a symbol for domination, which should be rewarded in points. With a reward in points the flip would get more significant and people maybe would stop ignoring the top teams in war which bear a challenge for them, making wars in general more exciting.

1 Like

@Rigs @Tunixgut @sft1965 Thank you all for your input. I can say that I’m constantly posting in chat as well as with more than 1/2 my alliance via WhatsApp regarding war.

We don’t have members only attacking the small teams. Win or lose, we do go after the strongest, however, I would have to say that only 4-5 people in my alliance will go after the stronger teams. We do flip at minimum 1x per war, obviously depending on our opponents & being able to dominate.
My issue is not lack of communication & im pretty clear about the rules so that also shouldn’t be an issue.
What I am seeing, as previously mentioned, are people on the game, not attacking when they clearly have energy, yet we have 2 partial teams left to flip the board & IMO they don’t want to use a flag for a partial team. In that particular scenario, does anyone have suggestions? We end our wars, at least 99.9% of the time, with ALL flags used but getting to that point shouldn’t be a waiting game of who will use their flag to flip. I also want to point out that when we get to this point, all my flags are gone so I can’t even jump in to do it myself :woman_facepalming:t2:
Any input is appreciated, thank you all :blush:

Oh & I understand what @Rigs is saying. We already get bonus points when a team is completely defeated & I wasn’t referring to the matchmaking score so that’s was correct.

1 Like

Do you guys have any time coordinates with when you guys attack, flip, etc?

1 Like

Wars do need strategy from top to bottom typically

Saders isnt a top war team but regardless we do watch teams with bigger rosters lose more wars than us due to lack of organization. And have beaten teams we should have lost to simply by having a more sound strategy and better teamwork

1 example is when we faced an alliance stronger than us and the lead had a personal beef with me. Well he decided to use all 6 flags solely on me while his weaker teammates were struggling to reset the board, he would just sit on his flags. It literally cost them the war. It may have been a bit Malice but i definitely got a kick out of it

1 Like

No, we don’t. Our alliance is made up of a combo of USA people & UK people. On top of that, we have a nurse who works 12 hr shifts & a couple of others from both sides of the pond who cannot get on the game during work hours.
At first I thought it was great to have coverage of all hours but now it seems to be hurting us.
I believe I would’ve gotten a kick out of your war as well. Sometimes we have to amuse ourselves lol

When I started this game I was in a very lazy, do whatever, whenever alliance. I brought others into the alliance but one day the Co promoted me & over time none of the original leaders, etc showed up. I became frustrated so I decided to start my own alliance. That was 304 days ago & all those I brought into the original alliance followed me into my alliance.
Anyway, so how does one coordinate war attacks & such with a group around the globe & work restrictions & so on?

2 Likes

I’ll try to figure out an answer to this without givin away too much of our strategy

As soon as i figure that out, I’ll tag you

Sorry, but had to laugh. That is hilarious. i just cannot fathom losing a war over a personal issue.

2 Likes

Now that is an excellent question. War times are scheduled to start at the most convenient time for the primary users; for me that equals breakfast time the next day, so regularly i never get the chance to attack in the first 12 hours as i still have to eat and work like most folks and relax before i start. You probably need a war daddy or mommy who can think strategically to exploit this disadvantage. i personally battle Russians for the most part and i like them win or lose, but they have a fairly general flaw and that is they hate showing their hand first and that is a weakness that can be exploited with some shock and awe. Not always possible but some just give up and concede defeat. I take advantage of that when i can.
You really sound like you care, so i wish you the very best. I’m on vacation and was going to spend a couple of months at an old alliance who have just done some housekeeping and have some open slots. On my own, i might have visited you but i can only be sure of taking out 3 x ~3800 teams with six flags (in the second 12 hours) but then i luck the luxury of being able to assign cleanup crew so i have no metric to assign worth.

Thank you, any input, at this point, is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I do care, very much & thank you for taking note of that. I have 2 co-leaders, one that cares as much as I, we are the addicts of this game lol the other co, well, I’m married to him & almost daily I’m explaining gameplay to him or doing his war so idk why he wants to play. I suppose I should add that he’s learning but at a snails pace! :woman_facepalming:t2:
That said, because we are all over the globe it makes communicating difficult as well. I don’t want to kick anyone but we could use more players. I am a c2p so it’s a tough one to swallow when you have such a combo & cant figure out a strategy that works for everyone. I did have 1 person state that maybe we should not start attacking until we have all 6 flags but I’m not sure that would fix our issues.
Anytime you want to stop by, feel free. I have a beta tester who has asked me to join their alliance since I started playing but I really want to stick with my alliance & make it work.
Enjoy your vacation :blush:

Oh & Happy New Years Eve to all :partying_face:

2 Likes

Alright so think i can generalize a bit

Figure out what reset times work best for your alliance as a whole(which will probly revolve around what time works for the majority of your alliance)

Have the majority use flags at x time on farm teams

X time in 2nd half to double reset

Then have your straggling time zones hit the farm targets in between those times

Make sense?

@Aphrodite1

As far as communication, I’ve never used whatsapp. We all use Line which allows us to make notes, announcements, albums, videos, tag people, etc so it makes communication much easier than in game. In game we do make good use of the featured message function though, at least 1 colead always updating as needed. Our timezones vary as well, our leadership team is 3 americans and a romanian(sounds like a comedy already lol) so the 3 americans have different work schedules, the romanian is typically on when we’re sleeping, so it all just kinda clicks

1 Like