Alliance war rewards

I think we had 2 people with 3* ascension mats, maybe 3 or 4 if you include farmable stuff like scabbards.

If youre beating down top 100 alliances (assuming it is tiered, which i doubt - if so it would help if they show and explain tiers), you Should be pretty high up in the possible rewards.

Personally Im not a big fan of the game mode (dont like raiding, hate the revenge bar and all other comments ive saved for other threads), so i do indeed mostly do it for the rewards. When SG makes big statements that this is a prime new way for ascension materials i expect more than the ways we’ve been getting them so far. This means that instead of being less than titans, they Should be better than titans imo.

I agree that doing that twice a week is too much and cant be expected, but then again Im not in favour of doing this twice a week. Think a lot of people would rather do this less often and get better stuff to be honest.

5 Likes

This is pretty accurate; I thought we got around 20% ascension mats but I’m of the opinion that they need to fix loot for a whole lot of reasons.

Do the calculation on the number of 3* and 4* items desired to enter the game per month (roughly 8ish wars per month): somewhere between titan loot and rare quests there is bound to be a number that’s appropriate; my opinion is they should fall closer to the latter given their rarity than the former, but understandably this has to be scaled by player / alliance tier somehow to be consistent in the game design.

Also we need to make loot line item identical everywhere and not based on scores because so much of scoring is based on cleanup we have to incentivize people to play for the team and suck up making the initial strike to break the tank even though that’s going to be a personal score loss.

10 Likes

Thank you all for sharing. It has reaffirmed my thinking that I should keep titan fighting as my priority.

This saving 30 heroes and developing 6 teams had caused me to lose focus. The first team is the first team. To grow, they need totan loot.

The lesser teams need AW loot.

First things first.

3 Likes

I agree that the needs of the team outweigh the needs of the one. If the loot is based on anything, it should be team score, not individual score. In raids, getting a higher cup count benefits you and the team. In AW, individual and team goals may not always be aligned. A selfish player who cleans up when they should be helping others should not get rewarded.

My issue with the loot is that it appeared to be taken from mystic vision, where there are a random number of rolls. I don’t mind that my loot as a top scorer is the same as the bottom scorer, but when they get four rolls and I get two that doesn’t sit well.

4 Likes

Yes the mystic vision look has decreased DRAMATICALLY. Not sure if it was 1.10 or one of the various 1.9 updates.

1 Like

I got two items and someone else got a Damascus blade and oodles of other goodies (we both won). I’m with Dante though…the darn thing was fun. I can be patient for my 4* Loot. Next time! :grin:

2 Likes

You guys are amazing. Thanks for making this game much more fun.

2 Likes

@Dante2377 Some of the best loot I have got from vision was after 1.9 and I don’t know how much better it was before?
Usually I get a few gems and a banner or healing or mana potion, but I had at least 3 4* ascension items and other rare or not farmable items in the past 2 month.
Maybe it’s just all RNG as usual.

1 Like

Probably…just small sample size I’m guessing…

I love titan hunting but I love raiding above all…and I am sure I AM going to LOVE AW!! So thanks to SG for this…season 2 can wait :slight_smile:

However, that does not mean that I would be happier if the loot is again left completely to chance with many getting frustrated…especially if this was promoted as one way to get accession material to be able to level up more heroes!

I think 1x AW per week during the weekend with a guaranteed accession material could have been in order. However, some players can’t play during the weekend so a mid-week war is also fine.

Yet again, remember how many mats are required to fully ascend a 5* hero…so how would 1 or 2 guaranteed accession items per week going to break the game…to the contrary, once I max one hero, I will be looking at the next one to max out, right?? :wink:

P.S.
Frustrated does not mean ungrateful :slight_smile:

Small sample size?
Does that mean that there is going to be a small proportion with meager loot?
Then there will be small proportion of unhappy players?
Why not make everyone happy and less frustrated :wink:

P.S.
A big thanks for the video @Dante2377 :wink:

The devs posted an update yesterday saying rewards were adjusted, so it will be interesting to see how things change.

It means mystic vision “small sample size” of only a few hundred on something with a very small chance of happening.

Don’t hold your breathe :wink:

That extrapolated to a many thousands will still be

hahaha

We just finished our alliance wars today. And we don’t believe that the loot was not modified. And if it was it must have been modified down not up. As far as for me, I received the worst loot I have ever received from an event, and our alliance won. I was ranked middle of the pack. I don’t want fantastic loot every time but I do expect the loot to be better than 1 iron ore, 1 axe, and 1turtle banner. Especially for the amount of time you have to spend coordinating to have a successful war. The war was fun and fun is why we play the game. But fun disappears really quick when the rewards don’t match the effort.

2 Likes

Agreed, the loot seemed light. Our alliance won 2401-1999 (hiya, @Azure). A few alalies got rare 3* mat—I recall a fine gloves—but certainly not as good as our typical Titan loot.

Several members are really not happy with wars. It required a lot of focus, time, and stress, but the rewards didn’t seem to justify the effort. At least one asked to be allowed to,opt out from future wars.

This is the experience from a top-10 alliance, I imagine it’s worse in mid-tier alliances.

1 Like

Maybe in some alliances. We were gung ho and partying the night before, eager to get into the fight the following afternoon! Our team had a great deal of fun!

About mystic vision - I also remember to get rings and darts from it after the update

ABout wars - 95% got normal loot. 1 guy got rings and epic token and another one got orb. We won

To be honest: For me the rewards of AW are secondary. I mean, it’s always nice to get an ascension item, especially if it happens to be a tome of tactics or Damascus blade. But the idea of AW is working alongside your alliance mates toward a common goal and having fun doing so win or lose. There are definitely some changes that need to be made with the scoring and I think that the changes ought to be announced prior to the battle commencing.

I wasted my first attack this last war thinking that the same scoring rules applied for this one and for a successful attack that should have netted me a really good score, I got 10 points. It would be nice to know the rules going in.

2 Likes