Alliance war rewards

Don’t know what you’re smoking either. We’ve won all but 1 of our AW battles, and I’ve been at the top of the list several times, and still the rewards are garbage. Glad to hear you’d do it for free, please transfer all of your ascension items earned during AW to me - OH WAIT, there’s no trading allowed ingame yet. Never mind.

2 Likes

Ok, for starters, AW is a team effort. Everyone should have an equal chance of getting items regardless of score. Here is my reasoning: It is easy to sit back and pot shot easy opponents to get a high score. I could do that pretty much every war and score over 300 each time easily. That’s not what AW is about.

Instead of doing the above, I attack teams that are the strongest ones out there and try to eliminate them or weaken them for weaker alliance mates to then take down. Because of this, my AW score ranges wildly from top score to a score closer to the bottom, yet my role in the War is vital. Without my team knocking the crap out of the strongest teams, my Alliance may not be able to wipe out the opposing forces and spark a renewal to expose the weaker teams for harvest once again.

In a reward system that is heavily weighted toward players at the top of the score ranking, people would be less willing to take out the strong teams or “take one for the team.” This would run counter to the spirit of Alliance wars

This is why I feel that all members of the Alliance who participate deserve an equal chance at decent treasure.

6 Likes

I think someone who hit a team for less than 10 points can get better rewards than someone who had prepped 30 heroes just for alliance wars is extremely stupid

I think that’s a serious oversimplification of what actually happens.

1 Like

Pwaha hahaha… What ascensıon items?
Don’t you mean all the feathers & rocks.

@Ravindau, I agree with everything you say. Intra alliance trading would be awsome. Revenge arrows? man, those things just have to go immediately, they make the whole event stink real bad. And the rewards, don’t get me started on those. I’m with you all the way man.

3 Likes

ridiculous better to dont have wars if they think to reward winners like this …ridiculous…24 hours of battle and 24 other preparation for 1 gem 1 metal hores and a turtle banner lol i have started a topic at ideas for alliance wars Alliances Wars New Features - #2 by EddTheSarge

1 Like

Heh…I think I got some of your rocks last time, though my alliance mate got an ascension item, so those things are still floating around out there.

I’m better dollars to donuts rewards are being adjusted upwards. Wait and see. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll take that bet…I expect my donuts delivered to my door…:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:. You know if they make mat drop upward in one place, they are making them downward in another…

2 Likes

@Chuck I agree.
The old switcheroo when your not looking trick.

1 Like

I’ll deliver if I get a donut :grin:

I would be very happy with 10x grimorie dust & midnight roots. Ecstatic over 10x Dragon Bones and Oralchim Nuggets!

2 Likes

I am sympathetic to encouraging team efforts, so why not award those points to the alliance instead of the individual.

Actually AWs may discourage team formation. I was a top scorer in an alliance with a lot of weak and/or inactive members. I was strong the alliance was weak, the wars were weak, and the rewards were weak - OK. Then I switched to a stronger alliance to which I am one of the weaker members. My performance was weak, the alliance was strong, the wars were strong and the rewards were stronger. If this makes sense then …

Strong members should switch to another alliance just when they were getting to know other members well and could provide leadership. In the new alliance strong members are leaving and so on …

I love this Idea. It is a team effort and the focus should be on team points not individual points.

1 Like

I am quite happy with equal lottery chances for leaves and what not for all participants regardless of the score.

I do think the loot chances should be increased somewhat ( maybe doubled) .

What might be nice without affecting team cooperation would be for ham and iron to be be rewarded per attack made by a player, say something like 20k each per attack. ( around equal to reasonable raid return )

I didn’t see that suggestion made yet and seems to me likely to increase participation without breaking anything

6 Likes

This is an idea I can get behind.

4 Likes

It’s my question: why the loot of a player which got 10 points in a war is always better than I who always am best player of the ally and most times the best player of the war!!! Isn’t this absurd? and this is not a one time thing, almost always i get less than our worst player of the ally!!!

Because alliance wars are a team effort and rewards are random. Winning teams get better rewards than losing teams, but the rewards received by players within teams vary only by randomness.

And this is how it should be. You are fighting to maximise your team’s points, not your points. Often, the best approach for the alliance is for powerful players to sacrifice many points so that weaker players can win more points. Certainly powerful players should not be doing their best to score more than their teammates. That’s not the object of the war, and it will very often be bad for their alliance.

6 Likes

Very much agree with you !

For what it’s worth, when I was tapped as War Goddess for my alliance, I spent close to 10 hours per war doing the following:

1. Helping alliance members with defense teams during set-up
  2. Scouting enemy alliance during set up
  3. Constructing, revising and communicating a global war strategy (which teams to hit and when, When to go for full team reset)
  4. Helping alliance members coordinate attacks - selecting enemies, choosing multi-team match-ups
  5. (Most time consuming) - motivating alliance to use all hits - especially at critical times in strategy.

It was exhausting and I burnt out after a couple months of it (long live the new WG). I see 2 hours as perfectly plausible.

Now was that worth the loot won? I think that’s the wrong question. Cus the answer to that is clearly ‘Puh-lease’. The question is was it worth it for the fun and camaraderie. I think yes. Or did until I realized that i still needed to have a full time job, a family, and sleep.

2 Likes

I got a warm cape twice, I believe. It is always awesome to get something good, of course, but just getting loot is not why I play or enjoy the wars. The wars themselves are the point. That said, I do think the general winner war loot should be a bit better.