Alliance War question - Are 5 heroes required for attacks?

Scenario:

I was just doing cleanup on a few war hits.
Only 2 enemies were left standing, with considerable damage.
I sent in a minor team of 5 heroes.
I only needed 2 of my team to fire, and they finished them.

So now, the other 3 heroes I sent are out of rotation for future battles.

So the question is:

Are 5 heroes required for an attack team?
Or can I just send 2 or 3 finishers?

I looked around but could not find anything that addressed this, but if there is something I missed, please feel free to point it out.

Tagging @zephyr1 @Rook @Garanwyn @Kerridoc for a possible merge, if required.

All input is welcomed :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a great question, I’ve always meant to ask. Following…

1 Like

I don’t have war flag left to test. But you can add *1 or *2 heroes if the requirement is 5 heroes for attack.

1 Like

I didnt want to use a war flag to test it, since its a close war.
But I was wondering if others have thought/tried it

If you have enough heroes to make a team, then there is no reason to not use them. Think of your teams in terms of flags.

Perhaps you only have 3 good heroes and 2 weak ones. There is no reason to leave those two weak ones off.

Before my bench developed, I took a team of solid 4 stars and Hawkmoon. She saved the day for me.

Always take a 5 hero team, even if you need to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

3 Likes

No, they’re not, judging by this:

EDIT: and an alliance mate just demonstrated this in action. :laughing::man_facepalming:

7 Likes

It is alternative solution for the OP, if there is requirement 5 heroes to bring.

Thats no problem if you have that variation, but for player who limited to heroes numbers, thats opinion bringing *1 and *2 is the solution.

Geez @zephyr1, you just blew up my screen!

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Always take 5 heroes even if means you’re only taking trainers. Once your flag is used, any remaining heroes left on your bench are useless anyway.

2 Likes

Trust me, I have a bench deep enough.
I used quarter level 5^'s and 4*s, because I thought I always had to have 5 Heroes to attack.
Now I’m wondering :thinking:

With a deep bench there shouldn’t be any hesitation. Use up your strong heroes by all means. If you’re only doing clean up on a weak team then use appropriate heroes but still take 5 of them. Think of the other two as insurance!

If you’re colour stacking then those those weaker heroes become even more important.

However, it’s your game, we are just offering opinions. If you choose to try out some battles using only 3 heroes, let us know how you did.

Thanks @princess1 ,all thoughts help :slight_smile:

Scenario was this:

Boril on right flank, 25% health
Danzeburo on left wing, 50% health
Used Domitia as tank, flanked her with Scarlett
Ghosted tiles to build up.
Domitia and Scarlett fired…game over
The other three were twiddling their thumbs/appendages/whatever

I think @zephyr1 answered the question, 5 heroes are NOT required on a war attack.
So it takes planning, and careful resource usage :grin:

1 Like

Mods can feel free to close this thread or leave it open
Leaving it open for a few days may help newer players :wink:

1 Like

We don’t typically close threads unless there’s a compelling reason to do so or the original poster requests it. And even closed threads can still be found and read. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know that @zephyr1, I just dont wanna clog the boards.
@Sarah2 was curious too, there may be others

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by clogging the boards — the thread is going to be here either way, it doesn’t really matter whether it’s open or closed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
You can attack with les than 5, did it this morning to finish the team that i just lost to.
Only 1 left, half dead, sent in 2 3* to finish him.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks @Wolf9

Muito obrigado :slight_smile:

1 Like