Alliance War Matchmaking White Noise

I’d like to add my experience to this. I posted this in one of the many other topics to AW but believe it to be of value. (This is the internet, of course I think that)

Our first War with the new matching system was a loss. We had lost by a little over 1k and that seemed like a lot. I was salty.
This second match looked worse from the beginning.

But we didn’t give up. We adjusted our strategy, motivated eachother, and went in headfirst.
Our outcome was decided in the last half. Both Alliances had less than 10 hits unused.

Does this mean our strategy and a little more luck helped us win? I think so. Remembering what happened in the first War, it very well could have been lost just because of those 2 factors, and not necessarily a mismatch of alliances. Either way, I’m hoping our future wars are decided within 500 points of eachother.
And to help clear the air on how mismatched I thought we were in the beginning, here are our rankings at the end of the War. Not as far apart as we seemed, and timing of Titans kills plays a huge role in what seemed like a ranking disparity.

Our 3rd fight was another top 100 team Romanian@Family and was a very close fight (300 point difference) despite us losing a member during War Prep. I think it would’ve been a fight within 100 points.

2 Likes