šŸ‘‘ Alliance War leaderboard

Maybe is just luck for us but after the update we have fair matches. But matchmaking in this type of games always suck. I donā€™t have bigger expectations in terms of improving matchmaking. If they wait for that and after make improvements in other department I think itā€™s a waste of time for developers. Players will loose interest in wars if they stay in this format.

Certainly it could be added to the alliance score and a leader board createdā€¦ Some have posted the ideas of tournaments and or something elseā€¦

What about a challenge event for warsā€¦ it would take a week or two, but it could be pretty cool to do a NCAA final four style tourney for teams of 4-6 players or so. They could make 10 to 20 tracks so that everyone would have a chance for a prize and keep it engaging.

1 Like

Hi everybody, I wait for that feature for a long time. A leaderboard for wars, the first feature SG promised after launching the wars some time ago. Is more than a year and wars are becoming more fair, also we have received a score that help in matchmaking. Why not use this score to make a leaderboard. Many alliances like mine find a real competition in wars, and donā€™t care too much on titans or raids. I appreciate devs for working in new features, but they forget to improve on the old ones. Thank you!

1 Like

Dear developers, please consider this feature!
Itā€™s kind of unfair that alliances in TOP-10 can have significantly lower war score than alliances in TOP 80-100.

If you donā€™t want to break your main rating - thatā€™s fine, keep it like it is.
But implement another War rating just for War score alone.
It would give a huge motivation for participation in wars.
E.g. for TOP alliences that now think like ā€œWars? Screw them, itā€™s not a part of a rating, so weā€™ll do wars without tacticts and dedicationā€.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Please make separate top points of war or combine military points with an alliance score.

2 Likes

Yes please. A win/loss record would be nice.

Hereā€™s an idea to make the Alliance Leaderboard more meaningful than purely for bragging rights. Use it to match teams for AW, in a similar manner to how raid matchups are currently implemented. Teams could be matched up within a set number of leaderboard positions, even adjusted for top 20 or so alliances if needed.

Alliance Score should purely be reflective of AW performance. Individual trophy numbers already have relevance in the raid arena tiers, and need not have bearing on Alliance Scores since we now have wars. Titan scores may be a reasonable indicator of how powerful an alliance is, but doesnā€™t necessarily tell how well an alliance will perform in wars. The current Alliance Score system made more sense pre-AW. And I canā€™t see a reason to continue with the current Alliance Score system AND an Alliance War Ladder which has been often requested

Sure, there may still be some mismatches for AW early on, but this system would take care of itself over time and the SG dev team wouldnā€™t need to worry over complex matching algorithms. Honestly, instead of Alliance Score you could just display current Alliance ranking, and perhaps Win/Loss record.

Anyway, thatā€™s the idea I came up with while taking a shower this morning, and after reading more exhausting forum posts about AW hate and mismatches. I think this simple change could fix many of the complaints of those that choose to participate in AW.

The alliance leaderboard which is in part dependant on individual player trophies, which are regularly dropped by some of those players? I think thereā€™s going to be a problem there, judging by the first wars.

After the initial matching issues, they moved away from basing matches on anything to do with trophies because of the cup-dropping being used to arrange easier wars.

But thereā€™s no real need for an alliance score at all any more. AW wins/losses can be what moves an alliance up and down the alliance leaderboard. Then the leaderboard ranking would have meaning.

Thereā€™s never been any real reason for an alliance score to begin with, besides the bragging rights. But suddenly changing how it works for the sake of a game feature that a lot of people are unfond of at present seems to be asking for unnecessary trouble from those who like the current alliance scoring system.

This may not be the right thread, but Iā€™ll post here because the title is accurate.

I was chatting with our newest member, who is also a very new player. We were discussing how similar we are in that we both want to play well just to be able to keep playing. Neither of us cares if we are at the top of the leaderboard.

She said ā€œYaaassss! I want to be good enough to contribute and I want the team to be in first, but I donā€™t have to be the best on the teamā€

I thought her sentiment was so well stated that I wanted it memorialized :grinning:

Edit: and donā€™t get me wrong. I value our super competitive players because they are the ones who keep us strong. I just enjoy having a fellow member who shares my feelings about being on top!

1 Like

Merged with original thread. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Any word on a leaderboard for strictly war scores and ranks?

Donā€™t think anyone cares about titan or cup scores these daysā€¦those scores are nothin but clutter

4 Likes

Do you want to move this under Ideas? :wink:

2 Likes

Its been talked about a dozen times

But if you search for the word ā€œwarā€ or ā€œleaderboardā€, it pulls up everything but those convos on the first page and Iā€™m too lazy to digā€¦

So merge or move or whatever voodoo you wanna do works for me

2 Likes

Even a way to toggle the cup&titan scores on and off would work

Whatever is easiest to code

I just know if Iā€™m lookin at the leaderboard, war scores say more about an alliance than titans or cups and a lot of people already have spreadsheets just tracking war scores so would save many of us timeā€¦which gives us more time to play and more time to spendā€¦look at it as an investment @Petri

There is an existing Idea thread; moving to there.

Merged. Thanks!

2 Likes

Holy crap over 18 months agoā€¦should be such an easy implementationā€¦

1 Like

Just supporting the idea of some form of war leaderboard. Simple win / loss & score history data would be a huge convenience for each alliance. But there must also be a variety of ways to use the war scores (captured at the time of matchmaking) to rank the wins / losses & make them comparable.

Itā€™s been a looooong time since I worked with stats, but Iā€™m sure there are smarter folks here that could figure out the appropriate way to rank & normalize the pre-war war scores, and then use the difference between them to weight the resulting win / loss.

In other words, if you lose to an alliance with a higher war score, then the Loss doesnā€™t count quite as much (it was after-all, more likely). But if you pull off the Win, you get a slightly higher bump in the War leaderboard rankings. Alliances that frequently get wins when they were statistical underdogs would be able to climb a little higher in the rankings, and feel great about their efforts :slight_smile:

1 Like

This actually already occurs in the current system

There are alliances in the top 30 that would be ranked in the 100-50 range if they didnt have their performance score combined with their depth score, itā€™s what i like about performance score

And once a team hits cap they can snag wins vs bigger teams comin off a loss tooā€¦and if teams above them go down in score, guess who goes up?

With that being said, i do think there should be a weight class bonus score for punchin above your weight but i would rather it apply to war chest as well, would push more alliances to not war drop anymore

1 Like