Alliance war kicking a member out

I want to say that one of my team member is not even trying to help my alliance win the war against another one. All i see is one of my member is playing one time and thats it. Looks like he just want to collect the war items while my team is doing their best to win it with me. Is there a way i can just kick one of my member out of the war? I’m the leader of the alliance. I don’t like it unfair to win a war while the person who is in it doesn’t even try all the way.:unamused:

You can’t kick them out of wars, but you can kick them from the alliance. Look after the people who are with the team, by loosing the ones who aren’t :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Your only option is to kick him out of the alliance.

Have you tried talking to him? That might be the first step.

I haven’t talk to him yet but i will if it keeps happening. Thanks for the advice.

Did you make it clear to them when they joined that participation in Alliance War means full participation (6 flags)? Is that the agreed rule of your alliance?

Being very clear what your alliance expectations are of its members is crucial to it’s operation. Your end of the bargain as leader is upholding whatever is agreed without fear or favour, but agreeing it first is vital.

Both @DBC and @Adirtyempire are right. Talk to them first, but ultimately your only sanction is demotion (if appropriate) followed by kicking.

2 Likes

I’m looking foward to kicking him out of my alliance but I’m gonna give this guy a chance to prove me that he is worthy. Even if his team is weak, at least try to fight along with me. I may be the strongest but i try to weaken the opponent’s team so my team gets a chance to take them out.

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan. Thanks for your advice. I will do it. :+1:

@bloodline206, please don’t take this the wrong way as I am sure that was just an expression of speech but don’t look forward kicking someone.

I am the leader of an alliance called ‘All Zeros will be kicked’ and as you can imagine in the last 18 months I have kicked a lot of people. All were clear about what the rules are when they joined. Many rejoined, admitting it was their fault, but ultimately I see every ‘kick’ as a failure on my part in either recruiting, coaching or communication.

Different players have different styles and we should respect that and despite being a key element of the game, kicking is a failure for everyone.

7 Likes

I’m not gonna kick my member out, i just want them to help me and my team members. Its hard work to get ascending materials and i’m sure you know it too. I want everybody in my alliance be in the same page as i am. Hopefully everybody agrees with me.

2 Likes

Yes, its a long way to get a good bunch of people. My first 2 alliances we´re so lazy (ok, one was called cannabis420, i should have known better :grinning:), then i formed my own, but the core of 5 people was all i got through the months, lazy ones, no communication etc. Now we finally are competitive, merged after talking for a while to see if they are serious. I wish you the best, no easy task if you are dedicated to the game and your teammates, kicking isn´t fun too :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I like your philosophy of leadership, @GelatinousPilot. :slight_smile:

So far, I haven’t directly addressed any members about their participation, but I have made generalized statements to the group. Would you consider that to be too indirect/passive or would you address the members publicly and specifically?

I understand the probably whys of not having a PM feature on the game, but it would make these kinds of convos feel a little less like calling someone out.

1 Like

In my experience generalized comments don’t work very well :frowning: The ones they are “aimed” at egnore them, and the “good” ones start apologising for the slightest thing. I find it very difficult to “get personal” But if you want results, its what works. Sometimes it turns out they are just not in the right alliance for them, and its good when they realise this. Sometimes a misunderstanding comes to light that is fixable and sometimes they just egnore, which is a clear sign that they aren’t going to change, and you can make a decision based on that.

6 Likes

I am not the leader in our Alliance but I do get frustrated when I spend my time and energy to fight in the wars and see the people who signed up not participate. Why even bother to sign up? It hinders the Alliance. Isn’t the match up based on the number of players and their power?

Thank you @Loztnausten.

Use of an external PM method such as Line or Discord can help in this situation, but certainly I don’t insist that my membership use it and it is only a tool.

I fully agree with the comments by @DBC above. Being direct with people is easier once you have earned the respect of your team by demonstrating that you are ‘fair’. A reputation for ‘Fairness’ is earned by communicating clearly and applying any rules to everyone, including yourself. I see being in an alliance is a covenant where everyone agrees to be bound by a set of principles and in return for acting together we benefit and grow stronger.

In the worst case people leave or are kicked, but the chances are that that was going to happen anyway as the frustrations build up on both sides

In the best scenario everyone is on-board and enjoys the game more as you are all playing a similar game. Frustrations are minimised and everyone has a lot more fun, because after all, that is why we play.

This is a game, so to borrow a phrase ‘When the fun stops, STOP.’

5 Likes

@ELKC I fear that you may be a position whereby your expectations of the alliance are not shared by everyone. Have you discussed this with leadership?

You are right, AW match-up is based on various factors, one of which is the strength of each members top 30 heroes.

Should this be affecting your enjoyment of the game maybe you should consider moving on. There are lots of Alliances out there who would welcome you, but don’t just join the first one you see. Ask questions, probe and ensure any new group is the right fit for you.

P.S. I don’t want to turn this into a recruiting thread, and anyway my Alliance if full atm.

It does based on the power and number of alliance. I just wonder why my alliance member sign up for it if they just gonna do nothing. Seems unfair. I guess u know how frustrating it gets and i feel the same.

I sent out a message to my crew and only a couple people acknowledge. The one member who i was referring to that doesn’t participate didn’t respond to the group message and seen him battle the titan recently. I know he read it. How long should i wait before i get onto that person? Need your opinions.

Like I already said at a similar topic, I even kicked my girlfriend from the alliance. No mercy!

P.S. Ofc, now is ex-gf

4 Likes

Maybe ask people to acknowledge important messages when they are read. If still no reply in 24hrs and they have logged on then move to your next stage. AW match-up will not begin for a few days yet so you have time.

1 Like

Hopefully that one person acknowledge. I really want to give people a chance to prove to me. Hate to do the worst case scenario. Let find out what the outcome will be. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like