Alliance War Experiences and Feedback

Don’t agree that you need a revenge bar to make Alliance war a team effort. There is nothing in what I posted that suggests that my desire is to remove the team work effort or in any way make it ‘easier’ for the attacker.

Making it need a team effort to take down individual teams really just boils down to balance of defender vs attacker. If you give the defending team sufficient boost it would require team-work to take down individual teams. There are ways you can boost the defending team that doesn’t involve a Deus Ex Machina type intervention that arbitrarily reduces the attacking team without any way to defend against it.

What I don’t like about the revenge aspect is that it limits your strategic choices (or more directs your strategic choices down a more limited path) and makes your encounter artificially shorter, thereby reducing the fun.

I can see the reasoning for it to be there, but I feel it’s too much of an influence as it’s currently implemented.
I posted in the other thread an idea to maybe vary the effect or extent of the revenge bar to depend on the discrepancy between defending and attacking team power… I’d prefer that to the current system. It means you need to make smarter choices in your defence team. If you just field healers and defense buffers, you’d be vulnerable to players closer to your team’s power as revenge would not be the dominating damage dealer in the encounter. This would make things more interesting and boost the team-play aspect.

Whatever. Will still play with the revenge bar there, but really I think it would play better without it and rather look at less of a ham-fisted way of imposing a challenge. If not remove it entirely, at least tweak to make it more background annoyance than the foreground dominating aspect it is now.

3 Likes