Alliance War chat with Opponents

You can always say hello in the description of the alliance.

1 Like

Sadly, it even happens there. Fortunately, you can just avoid clicking on your opponents banner…

1 Like

in addition to greeting, you want to communicate with the enemy. many games have such a chat

2 Likes

Well i would say put ur line id in alliance description but…that’s frowned upon these days though teams are findin ways to still do it

Check the top 100 leaderboard and find some of those ways there

I don’t think private messaging or any kind of direct messaging will ever be implemented by sg

3 Likes

in general, game chat is very poor in comparison with other games. And the problem of understanding language barriers is easily solved by auto-translation. game of a global scale, and the developers did not bother to work on chat rooms …

1 Like

I am thinking that is good idea to put extra chat in wars to speak with other alliance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be great. I am supportive of this.

thank you :slight_smile:

Perhaps you can add your votes here.

1 Like

It all sounds good on paper. But comes with a variety of problems and issues - language barriers and behavioural issues to name just two.
But in my honest opinion, I don’t think SG would go for it

2 Likes

If you think about this for a minute, you’ll realize this will create many more problems than it will solve.

My alliance has encountered more than our share of unsavory characters in the game as it is - we’ve been spied on and, most recently, sabotaged by a titan tourist - a repeat visitor who decided that he didn’t like being kicked, so joined again just before war matchmaking and left just after, but not without posting an extended screed about how dare we kick him and he hopes we lose the war (fortunately, we didn’t).

Imagine if you gave clowns like them the ability to trash talk and intimidate their opponents in an alliance war. SGG would have to hire a dozen new people just to deal with the abuse reports.

And before anyone chimes in with “Go for invite only”, yeah, I know - but invite-only makes your alliance seem cliquey and unwelcoming.

There’s a bunch of real Richards out there, and not just in the hero rosters.

2 Likes

maybe this is good, but for all chats with alliance war opponents I think it will be a little problematic, there will be no guarantee for just friendly conversations. If there is a chat between Alliance, let it be the leader’s privilege, each leader only can send one message

I believe a full chat will be overkill, but a way to say “Good Game”, “Sorry”, “Good luck”, “Bye”, “You lucky Bas**rd :)” and few other messages will be a nice addition.

(Just nice, nothing critical …)

2 Likes

Idk if this question was asked before but can we have a war chat?
It will be fun to talk with your opponents during war times .

2 Likes

Currently, this feature isn’t supported by the game itself. I merged your post in an existing topic requesting this feature.

Outside of the game, I know that alliances can do war banter / chats with their opponents on external apps like Line or Discord. But that’s outside of the game and not officially supported by SG.

1 Like

Thanks !
I know about discord and line.
I was thinking to have a war chat or to be able to see a battle up close maybe. Study your opponent movements and to see how your defense is holding :slight_smile:

I think it would be just amazing and make wars extremely more excitingly fun if the chatbix which appears in the war room where all the teams are displayed was to allow both alliances to chat to each other.

Once you leave the war area your normal chatbox remains is it always was.

3 Likes

Seeing as how most of my alliance war opponents are Russian, and I don’t speak Russian, I don’t think that would be helpful to me.

WAR CHAT:

Opponent: ваша команда работает лучше, чем мы ожидали

Me: I have no idea what you just said, but I’m guessing you were insulting me!

Opponent: Это не было оскорблением.

Me: Ohh what now, are you saying something about my mother???

Opponent: Я никогда не встречал твою мать.

Me: Arghhh! What the heck are you saying? I’m not sure whether I should be mad or not!!!

:laughing:

1 Like