Alliance war changes

@Zero2Hero

thank you very much indeed! :hugs:
I was starting to think that I was almost the only poster here who has any regard for teamwork and for the contribution of the smaller players.

Just: thank you :hugs:

3 Likes

I really don’t se.e the point of this it isn’t going to change the winners they will just have lower points just as the loser will have an overall lower score, all I see is this hurting the people who cant put 3 4 good teams out where before with high bonus points they could feel like they are helping the alliance more ,even thou the help is the same because scores across the board will be lower. So basically this experiment has no point as it does not even the playing field, and that’s the big problem you cant even the playing field some alliances are going to be stronger then others an shouldn’t be penalised for being better, it’s just a game some weeks you get a bad matchup some you get even others you get the better of the matchup

2 Likes

@UrCrazyExGf : Season 2 has been scheduled for September release for awhile and is in fact in Beta testing as we speak.

I still want Alliance War fixed, since crawling a map doesn’t do it for me in quite the same way (no matter how many times we lose—and it’s been a LOT).

I agree with Zero2Hero: Reducing Score [while interesting] doesn’t really address matchmaking balance.

Ever since they introduced the new rules and nerfed the arrows, defeating opponents got a LOT easier. They never said this change is to improve matchmaking, they may be testing gameplay balance to adjust to the new rules.

And I think it makes more sense now. If you do the math, if the strong team member reduces the health of the defender by 75%, and the clean job guy does the last 25% (which should be a lot easier with holes in the defense), they will still get the same amount of points.

Doesn’t it sound more than fair? At least worth of a test?

2 Likes

I understand that she and another player enjoyed their time working together in that specific war and that the new changes alter the teamwork that they had in that instance.

It is unfortunate that no change will benefit every single player’s game experience. Some will help some and some will help others.

I do my fair share of complaining on these boards, but feel that this specific change is the most fair all along the board.

It also makes it easier within an alliance to really know what is working and helping. With the previous system someone could do a great job weakening strong teams and then someone else could clean up, where it looked like the cleaner upper contributed more to the war than the first person. This left the first person in a weird place.

Weak people still get a substantial bonus. It is just less over-sized.

1 Like

I realize that season 2 is coming out soon, what I am saying is that I am getting very tired of them trying to fix the balance of the wars. The put out these so called fixes that don’t really do much for the balance. While some of these fixes are interesting and have created depth to the wars, they have not fixed the balance of one team clearly over powering another team, whether it is individual skill, roster depth, or the alliance coordination. In most cases the depth that has been added into the wars has created an even larger gap of balancing the alliance vs alliance. All of the resources that were wasted that could have been put to better use elsewhere in trying to make the wars fair and balanced makes me shake my head and sigh. I really don’t see how this change or the previous changes make/made the wars more balanced. Now taking what they did for the wars in the past, and this current balancing system with the Mickey Mouse job and apply it going forward… I see more Mickey Mouse jobs. Nothing they have previously done has really fixed it. In some cases it has made it worse, and this new fix I don’t know what is going on with it. The wars when they first came out needed a complete over haul, with it’s own scoring system. Too much time, money, and work to do that. Now months later, many adjustments… a lot of time, energy, money, and the problem is not only still there but worse. Those resources could have went into coding where it could have it’s own scoring system and another way to raise an alliance’s rank. Do I see them actually fixing it in the future? No. I see another Mickey Mouse job that doesn’t really do anything. Those resources could be used elsewhere. It is a broken system that won’t ever be fixed, and I have come to terms with it. For me personally, any “fixes” that come now are like beating a dead horse. This war my alliance got beat by 883; where as, it isn’t the 2,000+ of the previous wars with the changes it is pretty significant amount. I find wars challenging and fun. Mixing and matching heroes to what I think might be best to take down my opponent is very mentally stimulating. As long as my alliance keeps trying I am sure we will eventually win a match, who knows maybe next time we will be paired up with an alliance that is having a bad day and it will be a close match. As for the fixes I am over it. They could use those resources in a more productive way.

1 Like

Never mind that now.
As of yesterday, I have retired from intensive game play and left the lovely alliance where I did the nice teamwork with the other player.

I am now pottering around comfortably in a small alliance. And getting my life back. :hugs:

To anyone interested:
This is what I meant by “soon, it will no longer matter”.

Enough is enough.

1 Like

It is annoying me immensely that I can’t locate the comment from the devs that was made a while ago.
This stated and actually made sense that if AW scores where within 1k of each other that they considered it a reasonable matchup. And yes I sort of understand that completely 3 or 4 players with bad boards and that’s a big chunk of it.
As I have said before in this thread the new adjustment of scores has just put a whole lot of AW results into this region so it looks less like the AW is out of whack

1 Like

The problem is you can’t fix something that isn’t broken stronger deeper alliances are and should win and I don’t know if there is away they can take the depth of team strength into account while making matches that’s the only way I could see these wars being more equal, but trying to make it where a weaker or more shallow in alternate teams strength alliances to able to beat the stronger deeper team alliances is just a futile effort. It would be like a little league where one team has a guy that can throw 70 miles an hour and can strike everybody out and then the league saying he can’t pitch because he’s too good, that’s just not fair to that child just as it’s not fair to a stronger Alliance to be punished for being stronger and being matched to a weaker Alliance. So unless they can come up with a way of judging each Alliance strength not just by defense team strength and Alliance score but also Alliance depth to get more even matches you will have mismatches and agin trying to level mismatch alliances with handicaps won’t work and are unfair to the alliance that worked hard to get strong deep teams.

Do you remember who said it? I might be able to find it that way…

@UrCrazyExGf I just posted all the losses (16 out of 18) we Misfits have endured from June 5 till now (it’s actually more, but that’s what fit on screen), here:

Who is getting reasonable AW matches? - #21 by Teyla

But we won with the changed mechanic on 8/3. I think the problem is in identifying what is skewing the scores one way or another; there are so many ways it could be bumped:

• less players = less hits = less score
  • higher percentage of players with initial higher defense (4K+/maxed five 5* defense)
  • coordination of players during AW
  • strategy (some overcome others)
  • etc etc

IS there one unifying issue that—if addressed—will suddenly adjust AW for everyone? I don’t know. I don’t think so. Remember if such a fix is found, the win/loss rate will still be 50/50, so the complaining will not die away. :confused:

Okay little league, you have 6 different divisions. You have Tee-ball, minors, majors, intermediate, Junior and Senior. I am not saying penalize anyone. My alliance is probably in between one of the divisions and have been rounded up. I have fun playing. I do my best. I help the team. None of that is the point of the post. The point of the post is stop trying to balance it isn’t going to happen. There are too many factors. The resources that has gone into this effort could have been used in a better way. The ONLY reason why I posted about the wins and losses is so that people know it is not coming from someone that gets matched against weak teams. Where a lot of the balance changes have added depth to the game, and a new factor of fun. They didn’t really balance the mini game. If they want to improve the war that is fine, but as far as balancing they should start saying working as intended, and use those resources else where.

1 Like

Sorry Rook I cannot remember who said it but I will keep trolling the forum for it
Just wish there was a way to search all staff comments in one go

AW is still crap. Squishing numbers will not reduce the crap factor when matchmaking is still hot garbage.

1 Like

Not the post I was looking for but proves the point that they are using difference in scores to work out wether matchups are fair

Had to use a screenshot as I a message not good at linking from one thread to another

I had an idea (which might be crap) on what might be shifting the match percentage off.

But @BarryWuzHere has an interesting take on his thread. Good reading:

1 Like

Nope, we to are far too often 5k to 10k weaker then our war opponents. This algorithm used should take all 30 heros from each player on each crew into account. Make pre building a team mandatory for the sake of more even wars.

2 Likes

Currently:

Alliance War Matchups are based on:

• Top 30 heroes of both alliances
  • Top 5 heroes (weighted)
  • Top troops
  • Total number of players of both alliances
  • Wins/losses record of both alliances

It is NOT based on:

• Alliance Score
  • Titan Score
  • Trophy/Cup Score

The top 30 heroes of every player on both teams is taken into account.

1 Like

Please add Player level in “NOT” section…

Hi, new to the forum but have been playing for about 8 months now. The war matchmaking is starting to be very difficult for our alliance. The war scores are most of the time on a par but especially over the last few weeks we are consistently facing teams at lvl 40-50+ with 3500-3900 scores whereas we are 30-40 and 3100-3700. Wars are no fun if you’re not evenly matched. Anyone else have this problem?

Are the number of participants the same? Are the final scores blow outs for them?

Any chance you grabbed some screen shots?