Alliance to join in or not!

alliances

Is it better to join an up and coming Alliance were I may be in the top half/middle of the group by cups or an established Alliance that’s over 100k score where I’m at or very near the bottom? I read about the leaders talking about the nice items they get for us defeating the Titans, but I’m not sharing in the goods of the spoils they are receiving. Need a little advice. At this rate it will be a while before I’m able to inflict any major damage similar to the top half of the group.

My father used to say, "If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room. " The same thing can be said for an alliance. You want to be someplace that is a challenge for you, but not overwhelming.
It’s more important to find an alliance that is active and suits your play style and personality.

My views on alliances are you should join an alliance where you can learn and grow. If you aren’t learning or growing, you are not going to learn how to hit a titan and get good loot chances.

Yes… but… someone has to be the smartest person in the room.

Well first off, cups don’t really matter that much. Secondly, for titans I believe loot tier is more important than what rating you have. Loot tier 9 (IX) is the sweet spot that lets you roll for 3 ascension materials. To achieve loot tier 9 easiest would probably be C rating on a 9* or B rating on an 8*. There are a lot of other ways but generally speaking C/B rating are more achievable since you only need to do 1% and 3.3% of the titan’s max health.

Personally I would join the one where you’re on the lower end of strength since it will be challenging and you can struggle your way up and see your progress BUT I would definitely check what kind of titans each alliance is facing.

Not necessarily. You could be equals.

Or one person may have a lot of knowledge in one aspect and another person is knowledgeable in another pertaining subject.

Even when you are playing at the highest level and you think you know it all, there is always something new to learn. Surround yourself with those people who improve your gaming experience in whatever way that may be. :slightly_smiling_face:

But now your dad sounds like the smartest person in the “chat” room :joy::rofl::smiley::smile::sweat_smile:

@bigsticman

As someone who was in the bottom 5 of a Top 100 alliance, and am now in the top 10 of another alliance even though I haven’t raided in well over a month, I have to say it depends on what you’re looking for.

Being on the bottom makes you fight harder just to survive without feeling totally humiliated day in and day out, and if you have teaching-minded fellows with patience, you’ll learn a ton! I sure did!

On the other hand, being easily on the top makes you fight well because your team truly benefits from and often needs your hits.

Right now I’m at a place where until I get both Dark & Fire 5* heroes, I’m stuck development-wise. So where I’m at is great for me, because I can meaningfully contribute with very little pressure.

Of course this will change over time, because my alliance has some fantastically growth-minded players levelling 5*'s and in time we’ll be hitting 10-stars & I’ll be back to C-damage, barring miracle pulls as a new-F2P player (was C2P).

So as you can see, it’s something you need to answer based on where you’re at, where you want to be, and your personality…can you take the heat of being the last in line and are you in a massive-growth phase? Then I’d pick being on the bottom of a strong alliance’s roster.

If you’re stuck in levelling-limbo like me, joining a developing alliance where you’d be in the top 10 or so would let you contribute without the scramble to be #27 instead of #30 all the time… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s all in what you need at this moment! :smile:

Thanks…. I’m #30 now. I was 26 in the group I just departed, but they didn’t ever talk strategy or what was best to use against what. I have direction now, I’ll give the new group a week to see what they are about.

Best of luck! Hope you find a great home that makes you a better, happier player…being in the right alliance is so important!