Alliance Titan Time Items & Gem Options – Speed Up/Delay Titan Arrival, Extend Titan Timer

Allow Gems to speed up titans but unlike buildings where you have to pay the whole amount, allow team members to contribute to take time off the titan.

Maybe a gem a minute for anything 2 hours 59 minutes or less.
Two gems per minute 5 hours - 3 hours
Three gems per minute after

As the time gets closer, it costs less to incentivise members to contribute.

Members will not be able to see who has contributed so they will have to make sure they are coordinated and communicate.

I’ve experienced too many missed titans spawning an hour after my bed time lol

Free gems for small giant.

Cool idea

I like this idea a lot

SGG

But SGG appears to be strongly against selling titan energy in the shop and this would be a sneaky way to do this since you could waste less energy.

Mercs

SGG seems to love, and hate, titans. Because they are the #1 source of best loot it leads to mercing which leads to serious balance issues for a merciless RNG mobile game with no shard economy.

This would be a rare titan merc’s advantage since a group of rare titan mercs could join, speed up the titan, use their energy more efficiently, get rare loot, then move on.

23 hour cycle

The 23 hour titan spawn cycle is popular for global mobile games since time zones, and global alliances, can present challenges to a fixed spawn like 0:00 UTC.

This would seriously disrupt the 23 hour spawn cycle.

Links

You can skip the wait times for almost everything else. Adds another gem/item sink for the developers.

100 gems 1 hr
200 gems 2 hrs
Etc.

@Richter The ability to buy titan hits via gems is essentially equivalent to being able to buy flasks…or perhaps a part of flask, effectively, if it were 1 flag instead of 3.

A similar idea was posted just a few days ago, which initiated some discussion of the concerns related to being able to buy additional titan hits.

The idea in this other thread began with the premise of being able to use gems to extend a titan fight, but it was quickly pointed out that that was largely functionally equivalent to purchasing additional hits.

You might find this interesting, and it might be worth consolidating the variations of these ideas toward a more refined proposal:

(@Kerridoc @Rook @Coppersky Possible Merge of Topic)

What I think is interesting and distinctive about your idea is the use of gems to advance the timer.

One can imagine using that more incrementally than just buying more hits. It might, for instance, allow a convenient shift of schedule to use a flag at a more convenient time, like before going to bed.

Perhaps if there were a limit/cooldown on that option, much like accelerating chests, the issues of P2W brought up by direct purchase of additional hits could be alleviated.

That said, your idea for pricing:

…seems to me to indicate some challenges.

At that pricing, it wouldn’t be worth accelerating a flag. The potential for better loot just wouldn’t begin to be worth it.

But at a low cost, it would devalue titan hits if frequent acceleration were allowed.

I’m curious if others have thoughts on any workable balance for those concerns. To me, it seems more likely to be problematic than beneficial, unless it’s limited to infrequent use for convenience of timing, and not for significantly increasing flags available per titan.

The gems would skip/lower the respawn time?

I don’t think it’s a good idea. I need that cool down to refill my titan energy. And even if I already have 3 some of my fellow members might not. If the titan start while they aren’t ready we might not be able to kill it.

Interesting, you interpreted this differently than I did. I assumed this was about gem skips for flag regeneration.

I agree, if it’s for accelerating titan respawn, that’s challenging to ensure people will have flags available. It would also beg the question who would make the decision, and whose gems would pay for the acceleration.

Titans are a team item. You face the same Titan together for the same range of time. This idea wouldn’t work unless all 30 players paid +100 gems (etc) at the same time.

Would be nice to get all tickets of a full aliance also if you are in a small one to have the same chance to kill stronger titans as well.

Buying titan hits would be bad.

Hi all.

I agree with @Rook that paying gems to increase the titans time is not a good idea.

When I proposed a time extension option of about a minute for say like in events where your given an option to spend 75gems to continue the battle thus offer the same for at least rate titans.

Alliences are made up of f2p and p2w players and each has an option.

Obvisously titan flasks aren’t sold and are hard to come by. The rewards for titans big or small from 7* up ate no better from one to the other no matter weather your top scorer or not. We toggle between 7 and 8* for the last couple of months and the rewards are no better in either or from one another. Out of 25 hitters o my 2 or 3 will get a mat and usually the same members 90% of the time, maybe they spend more who knows.

Being able to the odd rare titan using say an extra minute at 75gems isn’t going to destroy the game and as things stand currently it also isn’t going to increase an advantage at getting extra Mats.

The game frustrated players because they don’t have these options and options ain’t going to hurt the game for a chance at what is already not much at all but it will increase SG revenue.

Honestly it’s not if every player going to go crazy and spend wild on every titan. Not sure I understand those that frawn upon it the way they do making us believe it would the end of the world if this was done.

Cheers

Had a thought the other day which may interest some and provide an added income gain option for SG.

In events when your team dies we have the option to purchase gems to continue the battle. Has come in handy a couple of times for me I might say.

But how about the same option for titans and if not all for at least the rare ones.

Buying the gems would restart the timer or even only give you an extra minute.

The rare titans are strong and tough and I don’t think requesting a little added help option like this would affect the much but add value to the battle.

Having it for every titan woukd just be a bonus at times as well.

Just a thought. Like it if you like it.

bad for game balance , -1 from me

keep the gameplay fair , gem only too boost your progress not to give advantage in gameplay

2 Likes

How is this different from a Titan flask?

2 Likes

The ability to buy it directly, it would seem.

I’m not a fan of that idea, personally. Titan flasks should be rare, and not available for constant purchase, in my opinion.

1 Like

Not much difference except titan flasks are hard to come by as you can’t buy them in the store and this would be an option for increased chances at rare titans.
Even if only gave one option at added time it would mean a better chance. Obviously it would also mean your heros are revived.

Boosting your progress is an advantage in the game.
What’s the difference with having a flask that allows you 3 extra hits and the option for 1 extra bonus minute with heros revived.

If you ask me the advantage is in the flasks. Not everyone would pay the say 75 gems for it but for those that don’t have flasks it’s a fair option/substitute

Flasking wont increase highest titan damage in your record , another extra time with gem will be

LOL. Ok that I agree with BUT please explain to me what advantage having the highest titan damage has again.

I get highest titan damage as others do and most times gets less than other places. Stopped for highest score ages ago as there is bonus in it.

Also what record is that exactly, other than it appearing in our message boxes until it disappears there are no records for individual player stats and if there is please tell me where.

Really don’t see what big big difference it would make to your score as anyone who would use this option would only be those close enough to killing it knowing they don’t have enough hits left and a minute will not affect the scoring that much.

why you need extra time if you have flasks ?

sole reason why need extra time are to increase your personal record of Highest Titan damage , if you tend to help kill Titan then just use Flasks.

LOL. Who said I gaf flasks, this is for those who don’t and yes I an one of those who does. LOL.

So I guess it’s the sole reason. Honestly is coming first your only arguement here.

I believe he meant that for making more dmg there are the flasks. If you want to do more dmg, use a flask. If you don’t have a glask, that’s because they’re meant to be rare.

Adding extra time for gems makes the flasks useless. Gems are not as rare, you can buy them. Which means you could give much more dmg than you can with using a flask. Because you keep flasks for when you really need them.

It would change the dynamic of the game. It would make it more pay to win. You already have means to do more dmg, the flasks

1 Like

Cookie Settings